Does Layton know when to keep his mouth shut?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
He's been riding a roller coaster for several days because of his personality and his ability to know what people want to hear and having the sense to say it. Now he is saying he can beat Stephen Harper. Once a guy starts telling blatant lies that even Little Red Riding wouldn't believe, his credibility is out the window. Stupid bastard! :roll:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I wouldn't count him out, and I don't think it's stupid or affects his credibility at all.

It's optimism, and that's a good thing.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Can we keep my thread since it was posted first and doesn't sound like a livejournal blog?

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
he's always had the gift of the gab, he's a good speaker, and a political veteran now.

it's obvious the people are sick to death of the same ole same ole, and maybe for once
the people will make a difference in this election, and not be stuck in a rut as they have
been for years.

lets shake up that parliament, big time, and force those lieing 'bas**rds' in the
other two parties, that we are fed up with their antics.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
can we keep my thread since it was posted first and doesn't sound like a livejournal blog?

mod alert

come hither you stupid mods and silence this thread

WTF IS UP WITH GETTING RID OF MY CAPS

Also, should this thread even exist?

And .. my you're a handsome dude aren't you?
Why yes I am.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I just remember Jack as the garbage councilor from Toronto who had all that garbage trucked to Michigan....at what cost????

Yeah ... all because Mikey's Mine got scrubbed from the script. Say, isn't that when Harris was going to axe Ontario Northland in one of his temper tantrums?

He outdid himself, however, in October of 2000 when he convinced his NDP pals on council to grandstand for eight long days at council in an attempt to derail the $1-billion contract to ship Toronto’s garbage to the abandoned Adams Mine site near Kirkland Lake.
The deal eventually fell through and we can thank Layton for spearheading the back-up plan — that is, to send Toronto’s trash using up to 200 trucks daily along Hwy. 401 to a Michigan landfill site, a far more costly and environmentally unfriendly deal which ended just last year.
I can't find an exact cost, but SCB used to work in recycling and shipped to Michigan too. She said it was $13CDN/tonne, plus a 12 cent tipping fee per tonne.

Last edited:

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I tought someone else would remember that one....we refused to provide the landfill site in my neck of the woods....and Kirkland Lake accepted.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I tought someone else would remember that one....we refused to provide the landfill site in my neck of the woods....and Kirkland Lake accepted.
Then the NIMBY's and usual suspects showed up.

Now Green Lane is set to grow a new mountain.