Afghanistan: Suicide bomber 'aged 12' kills four

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
When are they going to admit we are at war with Pakistan? This isn't going to end anytime soon. It's going to be a real bitch to get all the Afghani lithium and uranium.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
That boy is a hero and he is in heaven, accompanied by seventy-two virgins. Too bad he does not know what to do with them.
I doubt if any of us would know what to do with 72 virgins. It would be a logistical and emotional nightmare of biblical proportions.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
I doubt if any of us would know what to do with 72 virgins. It would be a logistical and emotional nightmare of biblical proportions.

Only if there was a time limit. Aren't we, who go to Heaven (sorry, Cliffy, I am not sure you qualify) go there and stay there forever?

And just to be clear, for suicide bombers, the reward is not 72 virgins, but one 72 year old virgin.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
How cowardly do grown men have to be to use a 12 year old to do their dirty work?
There is some question as to how they identifies the child as being 12, if you want ton know how they recruit them it is most likely connected to having already lost some parents or siblings or other relatives they cared about.

Have you never heard of the child soldiers in Africa? This is the start of a wider operation.

Afghan Taliban declare start to spring offensive | Reuters

Last edited:

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
There is some question as to how they identifies the child as being 12, if you want ton know how they recruit them it is most likely connected to having already lost some parents or siblings or other relatives they cared about.

Have you never heard of the child soldiers in Africa? This is the start of a wider operation.

Afghan Taliban declare start to spring offensive | Reuters
Of course I`ve heard of child soldiers in Africa. And in Palistine. And in East Asia.etc, etc.

My question was rhetorical. It was speaking to the cowardice of those who use others in a suicidal manner in order to promote their agenda.

If they are so all fired sure that their way is the right way, let them blow themselves up.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
All morally bankrupt regimes rely on corrupting the young.

I remember the time I was a youngster in Communist Hungary. We were taught to love Stalin, and if need be, be ready to die for him. We were taught to report on what our parents were talking about at home. We were told that NOTHING is worth as much as the State, we were told that we did not need our fathers and mothers, because Comrades Stalin and Rakosi would look after us because they love us more than our parents love us. We were told, that anything that is old in bad, anything Western is bad, anything have to do with God is bad.

This still goes on in Cuba. Save a few miserable bucks and enjoy your vacation there.

Communist or Muslim, what's the difference?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
That's a rather narrow list, Jack. Any Gov that is out of control. Vietnam cost the US many men and it was started with a known false-flag operation, so was Iraq. Just because it is Muslims and 'communists' that are taking the brunt of the deaths does not make either of those actions. Now if this was a squad of Nato troops (Canadian) would get the biggest outrage for about a week and once it's off the front page who gives a **** other than the personal friends and family.

How did they determine he was 12, this would seem to open the door for NATO to target anybody 12 and over (turns out to be 8 and over really) as being a Taliban member, or whatever the enemy is called in the land the war is in.

Last edited:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
How did they determine he was 12, this would seem to open the door for NATO to target anybody 12 and over (turns out to be 8 and over really) as being a Taliban member, or whatever the enemy is called in the land the war is in.
You may condone such ignorance, though I'm not shocked. But I for one, do not condone targeting children.

You should be ashamed.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
That's a rather narrow list, Jack. Any Gov that is out of control. Vietnam cost the US many men and it was started with a known false-flag operation, so was Iraq. Just because it is Muslims and 'communists' that are taking the brunt of the deaths does not make either of those actions. Now if this was a squad of Nato troops (Canadian) would get the biggest outrage for about a week and once it's off the front page who gives a **** other than the personal friends and family.

Yep, you're on to us. The outrage over a 12 year old being used in a suicide bombing is just so we can target and kill 12 year olds.

Do you ever think about what you're saying before you say it?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
How did they determine he was 12? If they can the putting the age in there is to cause outrage against the Taliban, now they can keep on bombing all sorts of civilians. For all you know he was a pasty who was given a phone to deliver to the same spot the bomb went off.
That part is somewhat important in terms of the accuracy of the article. NATO would already allow shooting a 12 years old if they deemed him a threat.

Do you ever think before you swallow the article as 100% fact?