Anybody watching the new Sun News Media on TV?

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
In the west, on Shaw, it's on channel 177.

I think they are trying to cover issues that the mainstream media does not want to cover.

It's not too bad, the camera guy keeps the guests to far in the distance, in my opinion ..

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
In the west, on Shaw, it's on channel 177.

I think they are trying to cover issues that the mainstream media does not want to cover.

It's not too bad, the camera guy keeps the guests to far in the distance, in my opinion ..

Yep, saw about 10 minutes of it.

Exactly what I expected.

I caught them lying in the first minute and watched them use a FOX tactic within the next 5 minutes.

The mouth breathers will love this network.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Yep, saw about 10 minutes of it.

Exactly what I expected.

I caught them lying in the first minute and watched them use a FOX tactic within the next 5 minutes.

The mouth breathers will love this network.

Report it when you see that ****. Canada has the whole 'truth in broadcasting' bull we get spewed at us in commercials... we're PAYING for that. May as well hold them to account.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Report it when you see that ****. Canada has the whole 'truth in broadcasting' bull we get spewed at us in commercials... we're PAYING for that. May as well hold them to account.
That would actually require him to back it up.

As we've seen with the utter silliness that has infested this very board, during this election, there is no need for integrity and facts.

Just hyperbole and stuff that gets pulled from partisan orifices.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Well the Libs have the CBC, so now those on the right have Sun News.
Fair is fair, I'd say !!

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Oh, btw, the CBC get $1 billion plus of tax money, I guess we'll have to pay Sun Media $1 billion as well !!

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Oh, btw, the CBC get $1 billion plus of tax money, I guess we'll have to pay Sun Media $1 billion as well !!

The difference is that there's no chance in hell the Sun would ever be approved for public funding, lol

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
The difference is that there's no chance in hell the Sun would ever be approved for public funding, lol

Hey, why not, we're going to have a majority Cons government, they just have to approve it just like the Libs did with the CBC !

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
The big reason 'why not', is that no Canadian should bow to the 'us versus them' mentality that makes government unaccountable to anyone who didn't vote them in. The CBC should be a non-partisan source of news, and a relatively impartial supplier or op-ed pieces. It should be a unifying factor in our nation. As citizens, we are brothers, and should remember, that brotherhood comes BEFORE the politics. They are merely people we hire to serve us. We may disagree on who we hire, but that should be secondary to the fact that we are countrymen. As it stands, our media and our electoral process are degrading into a system that serves to fracture the voice of Canada, thus weaken it. People can embrace that combat, that brainwashing, if they so choose I suppose.... but it's ridiculous.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Hey, why not, we're going to have a majority Cons government, they just have to approve it just like the Libs did with the CBC !

That's true. As soon as Heir Harper gets his victoly, he will start spreading fear and propaganda far and wide.

(har har har)

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
The big reason 'why not', is that no Canadian should bow to the 'us versus them' mentality that makes government unaccountable to anyone who didn't vote them in. The CBC should be a non-partisan source of news, and a relatively impartial supplier or op-ed pieces. It should be a unifying factor in our nation. As citizens, we are brothers, and should remember, that brotherhood comes BEFORE the politics. They are merely people we hire to serve us. We may disagree on who we hire, but that should be secondary to the fact that we are countrymen. As it stands, our media and our electoral process are degrading into a system that serves to fracture the voice of Canada, thus weaken it. People can embrace that combat, that brainwashing, if they so choose I suppose.... but it's ridiculous.

Yeah, we're all going to hell in a hand basket !!
It's been a good ride while it lasted tho!!!

Oh, btw, I'm like you, I'm not doing anything about it either, I just bitch and complain !!!