Up-Coming Royal Wedding.....

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
why is there so much hype building over this `made for tv` thing? are there not more important events going on in the world that `should` over-whelm this planned event? or is this just another distraction....a break from the dead being carted back from overseas?

how ****ing stupid are we...as canadians, to buy into this stuff?

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
i spose......it is time we created an excuse to celebrate....what, im not sure ,but yea....

this country is supposed to be at war, right?. let just hope theres no need for a `hi-way of hero`s` event having to be schedualed for that time slot.

that would be a downer.

Last edited:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
don't need an excuse, we will be celebrating the union of our future King and Queen.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
you`re future king and queen buds......not mine.

this is no more than a repeat of the kid`s dad and his mom`s marrige. a wet-dream for most media out-lets.....and it won`t surprise me if something goes drasticly wrong during this occassion.

don't need an excuse, we will be celebrating the union of our future King and Queen.

Last edited:

grumpydigger

Electoral Member
Mar 4, 2009
Kelowna BC
I remember the monstrosity of a freak show, The royal weddings were in the 1980s.If they tried to do that again now, the British people would revolt And tear down the palace brick by brick.

After the queen passes away,I wish the royal family would just disappear Into history.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
why is there so much hype building over this `made for tv` thing? are there not more important events going on in the world that `should` over-whelm this planned event? or is this just another distraction....a break from the dead being carted back from overseas?

Fortunately, Canadian soldiers are not dying in such numbers that this wedding would interrupt the reports of their deaths.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
i'm very much looking forward to the royal wedding, good energy, good people, they have a great future
to look forward to, I can see they will be a positive influence to all young people, that will be the
best channel to turn to on that day.

I might even pass up a hockey game for them, definitely will pass up any of the ugly news stories that
day, it is a delightful and happy event, and I wish them well.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
...delightful, happy and they could feed all the starving people on the planet for a week with what it is costing.

s_lone

Council Member
Feb 16, 2005
Montreal

how ****ing stupid are we...as canadians, to buy into this stuff?

This wedding may be all hyped up in the rest Canada but in Quebec there's as much hype for this as there is for Sunday morning mass on TV... I'd rather watch a goldfish swimming around for hours than to have to sit through a royal wedding.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
you`re future king and queen buds......not mine.

this is no more than a repeat of the kid`s dad and his mom`s marrige. a wet-dream for most media out-lets.....and it won`t surprise me if something goes drasticly wrong during this occassion.

Now, here's a little reality.

The British monarch is our monarch as well.....just take a peek at the Constitution.

So, guess what?

Your King as well......like it or not!!!

LOL!!!!!

This wedding may be all hyped up in the rest Canada but in Quebec there's as much hype for this as there is for Sunday morning mass on TV... I'd rather watch a goldfish swimming around for hours than to have to sit through a royal wedding.

Me too.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
...delightful, happy and they could feed all the starving people on the planet for a week with what it is costing.

one could apply that analogy to all kinds of happenings in the world, including ourselves living
lives that many in the world would die for.

but there are thousands, including I, who will enjoy and delight in seeing them get married, so
don't watch it, as I wouldn't if I felt the same, I'd just go and do something else.

of all of the horrible things that happen in the world, war, drugs, abuse of others, political greed,
all kinds of crime against others, one royal wedding will be fun, a happy event, and I wish them
well.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto

I don't really see it being hyped unless you watch the news religiously, I haven't paid a single bit of attention to it

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I don't really see it being hyped unless you watch the news religiously, I haven't paid a single bit of attention to it

thats right, if one isn't interested, just don't watch, no one is making anyone do that.
but there are thousands who will come out on the streets to see them, and many more thousands
will be watch it on TV, 'a happy event in the world', don't see that too often.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
i'm very much looking forward to the royal wedding, good energy, good people, they have a great future
to look forward to,
A great future of not working or paying taxes while sponging off the governments of England and the Commonwealth, Where do I apply for that job?
I can see they will be a positive influence to all young people, that will be the best channel to turn to on that day.
Positive how? She is a gold-digging party-pig and he is part of the out-dated, elitist, monarchical society born with a gold-plated, jewel encrusted silver spoon in his mouth. Not what I want my kids to admire or grow up to be. The best channel will be the off button as it is likely that nothing else will be broadcast.

I might even pass up a hockey game for them, definitely will pass up any of the ugly news stories that
day, it is a delightful and happy event, and I wish them well.
Well there goes your membership in the Canucks fan club, NOTHING is more important than a playoff game...;-)

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Positive how? She is a gold-digging party-pig and he is part of the out-dated, elitist, monarchical society born with a gold-plated, jewel encrusted silver spoon in his mouth. Not what I want my kids to admire or grow up to be. The best channel will be the off button as it is likely that nothing else will be broadcast.

Why should he be punished for his standing in life at his birth, not his doing, or his fault, so
make the best of it, grow up intelligent and have a good life, don't know what people would expect
him to do, commit suicide, he and she are clean living good people, much better than many I see
hanging out on the streets, with their pants below their asses, full of drugs, casing someone's
house, trying to figure out where they can get their next fix.

This is similar to those who trash hockey players for being able to make lots of money while they
are young enough and healthy enough to play the game, it's all about 'jealousy', if we can't have
all of that money and 'stuff', then no one should, unless they are willing to scrub toilets and
sweep the streets, pick up your garbage, or do just about any physically demanding job available,
then they will become decent people. What a joke.

Yeah, explain what he should have done growing up, to gain the respect of those who trash him.

He completed a good education, went into the military and stood tall beside his buddies on the
battlefield, (as much as they would allow him), and his responsibility going through his life,
will be to become the king, (and of course) all kings do is sit around and suck on jelly beans,
and watch the soaps I guess. lol

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Mmhmm, William Windsor-Mountbatten seems like a nice guy. Not my type of course, but I'm sure Catherine Middleton sees something in him. I wouldn't ever elect him to be my head of state though.