U.N. Employees Beheaded Over Quran Burning

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
I just love the bit in the report where Obama tlaks about how this was all for the betterment of the people of Afghanistan. Invading and bombing all the villages and infrastructure = better society for the people. Hmmmm

Nothing to do with 9/11 anymore and nothing to do with oil pipelines.....pandering to those whose IQ is that of a wet sponge again.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
As I have said: fundamentalism is fundamentally flawed. The pastor knew what the consequences of his actions would be yet he chose to go ahead anyway. He holds just as much responsibility for those deaths as the perpetrators.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I don't know Shadow. I wished I could side with you.

I think that people that do these sorts of atrocities would do them regardless if religion was tied into it or not. It takes a "special" kind of person to be able to do those kinds of acts.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I think that people that do these sorts of atrocities would do them regardless if religion was tied into it or not. It takes a "special" kind of person to be able to do those kinds of acts.
I agree, but it is a natural outcome of bombing a country back to the stone age and calling the murder of its citizens collateral damage.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
The Afghans who did this in the name of their religion are primitive animals.

And you calling them primitive animals makes you no better. In fact it degrades you even further for your inability to empathize with the reasons for their actions....even if those actions are unconsienable.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
And you calling them primitive animals makes you no better. In fact it degrades you even further for your inability to empathize with the reasons for their actions....even if those actions are unconsienable.

I will never empathize with people that murder other people over the burning of a book.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Empathize with people who murder for burning a book? The same type people that do not think twice about burning down a church?

Are you soft?

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
As I have said: fundamentalism is fundamentally flawed. The pastor knew what the consequences of his actions would be yet he chose to go ahead anyway. He holds just as much responsibility for those deaths as the perpetrators.

Are you ****ing kidding me?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

You are out of your mind.

What the Pastor did is fully acceptable....somewhat impolite, but well within the parameters of free speech. Calling people that murder over a book "primitive animals" also falls well within the realm of free speech.....as does my calling Islam a cult, and Mohammad a war-mongering pedophile, worse than David Koresh...........

Or do you think it is acceptable for some good old boys to blow the heads of the next anti-war people that burn an American flag???

Are you ****ing kidding me?

No, he's not. take my word on it.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Empathize with people who murder for burning a book? The same type people that do not think twice about burning down a church?

Are you soft?

Obviously you and Shadow missed the point. It was not about burning a book. It was about the west invading and destroying their country for false reasons and telling them how to live and what to believe. The protest over Rev Jones was just a catalyst that led to the event.

These people are supremely pissed at our arrogant and unhumane actions and it boiled over during an event about something else.

I don't approve of or condone murder at any time but I can recognize the underlying reasons for their behaviour.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Obviously you and Shadow missed the point. It was not about burning a book. It was about the west invading and destroying their country for false reasons and telling them how to live and what to believe. The protest over Rev Jones was just a catalyst that led to the event.

These people are supremely pissed at our arrogant and unhumane actions and it boiled over during an event about something else.

I don't approve of or condone murder at any time but I can recognize the underlying reasons for their behaviour.

yeah, the underlying reasons are they are fanatic followers of a lunatic death cult.

Geezus.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
yeah, the underlying reasons are they are fanatic followers of a lunatic death cult.

Geezus.

And that makes them different from right wing christianity and the US military complex how?

Just for a minute imagine the roles were reversed and the muslim countries had all the arms and invaded north america, bombing towns everywhere, killing civilans and telling you your bible was a demonic text and your way of life was wrong, that you now had to live by their morals and follow their rules.

Would your blood boil? Would you lose it? Would you possibly murder some of them and their supporters?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
And that makes them different from right wing christianity and the US military complex how?

Just for a minute imagine the roles were reversed and the muslim countries had all the arms and invaded north america, bombing towns everywhere, killing civilans and telling you your bible was a demonic text and your way of life was wrong, that you now had to live by their morals and follow their rules.

Would your blood boil? Would you lose it? Would you possibly murder some of them and their supporters?
But... But... We are the good guys and they are the bad guys.