Rabbit over population?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Just heard on the radio what a problem rabbits are getting to be. Apparently there is a problem both in Kelowna and Victoria. With so many people apparently living below the poverty line, why are they getting to be a problem. I was raised on rabbits for a good part of my childhood and they are a very wholesome food (albeit they can be a little stringy) and make good stew. People sure find things to make a problem out of these days.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Just heard on the radio what a problem rabbits are getting to be. Apparently there is a problem both in Kelowna and Victoria. With so many people apparently living below the poverty line, why are they getting to be a problem. I was raised on rabbits for a good part of my childhood and they are a very wholesome food (albeit they can be a little stringy) and make good stew. People sure find things to make a problem out of these days.

Too much bureaucracy between killing them and getting them to the plate I imagine.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I ran over a suicidal bunny just the other day.

The wabbit population is on the rise here too.

It seems the Coyote population isn't doing so well, now that we all got our small game licenses, lol.

Is this the end of days?

They used to give out Deer and Rabbit at the food banks. The last time we tried to donate some, we were told they no longer take it. After being sued for someone getting sick.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Time for stew!

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Once they get so big in number they will start to run out of food and then they turn cannibal and next year there will be almost no rabbits, around here it takes them about 7 years and then the cycle repeats itself.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Once they get so big in number they will start to run out of food and then they turn cannibal and next year there will be almost no rabbits, around here it takes them about 7 years and then the cycle repeats itself.

Is it cannibal or homosexual? (Guess one's as good as the other)