According to British Council - Canada fails to rank in top 10

Trotz

Electoral Member
May 20, 2010
Alberta
Another "smoking gun" article that the Canadian immigration and education system are out of line with our goal of a multicultural Canada.

BBC News - Germany top for foreign students
British Council - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OVERSEAS FRIENDLY

• 1. Germany
  • 2. Australia
  • 3. UK
  • 4. China
  • 5. Malaysia
  • 6. US
  • 7. Japan
  • 8. Russia
  • 9. Nigeria
  • 10. Brazil
  • 11. India

Canada is not on the list. And, this is all despite that Canada is taking more than its' fair share of the international student population.

I think we know the explanation. Take the day off and visit UBC, UT and McGill. Just from watching the masses of students going from and to class, you would guess that about 90% of international students are Chinese (landed status) and from the Canton Region and the remaining 8% are East Indian.

I know at UBC, I would at most see maybe 1-2 black people a week and then thousands of "Droneish like" Chinese students. How is this good for our multiculturalism?

Whereas; if I studied at an American or European University, I believe there would be far more diversity.

Last edited:

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
OK I confess. dumpthemonarchy and I are responsible for this slight. It is retaliation for our drive to remove the inbred royals from access to our taxes.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
There are thousands of international students learning English in Vancouver, I wonder if they made the list? They are in private schools, not public universities. The article only talks about universities. These stats need a relook.