A Question For The Faux Fans

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Interesting isn't it? Bill O'Reilly caught posting a violent protest in Florida as taking place in Wisconsin. Check the video - you can see the palm trees in the background. Yep - Fair and Balanced news. Only by the standards of FOX.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Good thing Jack is on probation. He would be having a hemorrhage over you guys bad mouthing his sacred cow..

weaselwords

Electoral Member
Nov 10, 2009
salisbury's tavern
Doesn't the what's left of the Fairness Doctrine kick in here. The palms in the background along with O'reilly's diatribe could be construed as "political editorializing"

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
Fox News Channel is our propaganda arm, and it is extraordinarily effective. That is what is important in the struggle between left and right in America. Get with the program. I'm not going to justify anything. Fox is a sword to be wielded against uncircumcised Philistines.

Btw, the Fairness Doctrine no longer exists, and when it did it applied to radio.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Fox News Channel is our propaganda arm, and it is extraordinarily effective. That is what is important in the struggle between left and right in America. Get with the program. I'm not going to justify anything. Fox is a sword to be wielded against uncircumcised Philistines.

Btw, the Fairness Doctrine no longer exists, and when it did it applied to radio.

You made him proud....

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
You made him proud....

Avro! I'm proud of ya! You even knew who this was....

Dr. Joseph Goebbels.....Reich Minister of Propaganda.

Although I don't think the Reich allowed the broadcast of alternative views..........

Fox News has certainly made a damned fool of itself over this one!!!

Give'em enough rope..........

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Avro! I'm proud of ya! You even knew who this was....

Dr. Joseph Goebbels.....Reich Minister of Propaganda.

Although I don't think the Reich allowed the broadcast of alternative views..........

Fox News has certainly made a damned fool of itself over this one!!!

Give'em enough rope..........

I know they didn't allow alternate views but they sure loved propganda as does Baals.

Btw....even though I was a drop out my best subject was history.....in grade 10 (my last year) we studied the first and second world wars, I got a final grade of 91%.

Read some books in my early 20's but work got in the way, hard to read when you are working 16 to 18 hour days.

I have more time now but I have other distractions.....kids.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
You made him proud....

I invoke Godwin's Law. Godwin's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I know they didn't allow alternate views but they sure loved propganda as does Baals.

Btw....even though I was a drop out my best subject was history.....in grade 10 (my last year) we studied the first and second world wars, I got a final grade of 91%.

Read some books in my early 20's but work got in the way, hard to read when you are working 16 to 18 hour days.

I have more time now but I have other distractions.....kids.

Don't brag about your education or lack thereof. No one here cares. Most people on CC have more than one degree.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Fox News Channel is our propaganda arm, and it is extraordinarily effective.

I disagree as the only folks buying into the propaganda are the right wing nutters. To be effective propaganda, it must be able to sway the masses. As of yet it has not done that and if their tactics remain the same, it won't ever do that.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
We've been through this before. Most people don't watch Faux. Do I really need to explain this to you again?

You think that a majority must be reached in order for an instrumentality to be effective as a propoganda arm. I think you are mistaken on this point. I think it's only necessary to rouse millions not hundreds of millions. That's my opinion. American leftists agree with me generally about the effectivenss of Fox News. Otherwise they wouldn't bother talking about it.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
I invoke Godwin's Law. Godwin's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't brag about your education or lack thereof. No one here cares. Most people on CC have more than one degree.

Godwin's Law was invoked with the OP. All Faux Newies are Nazi fascists right? Sorry not being sarcastic right now.

I have no degree except a degree of discretion which is telling me you are a liberal arts major and I shouldn't comment but yes I will have fries with that.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
Godwin's Law was invoked with the OP. All Faux Newies are Nazi fascists right? Sorry not being sarcastic right now.

I have no degree except a degree of discretion which is telling me you are a liberal arts major and I shouldn't comment but yes I will have fries with that.

You're entitled to your own opinion about Fox.

I have three degrees. Undergrad, professional, and post-grad.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

That would account for your rigid thinking. You seem to be incapable of seeing shades of gray, only black and white. Too much schooling will do that to you.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm

Big deal. In what, marketing or business management? Pluleeese... Or maybe, yes, that's it, psychology or maybe philosophy?. What was the subject of your doctoral thesis? Where did you publish it?

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
That would account for your rigid thinking. You seem to be incapable of seeing shades of gray, only black and white. Too much schooling will do that to you.

There is a time for everything in due course. There was a time for compromise and reaching out. That time has passed.

It is really important to be able to see shades of gray, black, white and all of the rich hues of reality. Why? If you can't perceive the full panoply of reality you will be defeated by your opponents.

In The Art Of War Sun Tzu said something to the effect that if you know yourself and know your enemy you need not fear the outcome of a hundred battles. No better advice exists.

One must be able to understand one's opponent in order to defeat that opponent. It is crucial to put yourself into the mind of the adversary and to think like that person, to understand his objectives, to appreciate what motivates her, to perceive its weaknesses and strengths, and to walk in his shoes.

Only then is it possible to out think one's opponent. Life is like chess.

I understand the American left very well. I have lived under leftist governance most of my adult life. Most of my friends are leftists, but I consider them simply confused.

The extremism of American leftism with its take no prisoners attitude has taught me how it must be opposed. I have an ally in my opposition to American leftism. It's called reality.

The financial collapse has removed all pretense and disguises. Reality is very clear. I use it as a sword. Reality has yet to set in for many American leftists, but hard times are hard to deny. This is true for virtually the entire leftist coalition. I except lgbt activists because I agree with them. With that exception, I'm dancing through the ruins of leftist ideology. And having a damn good time while I prance around.:)

Do you know who Saul Alinsky was?

Big deal. In what, marketing or business management? Pluleeese... Or maybe, yes, that's it, psychology or maybe philosophy?. What was the subject of your doctoral thesis? Where did you publish it?

Cosmetology. Make-Up. Massage Therapy.;)