A sobering warning.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
He must have made a confession.

I can have 3 Guinness with dinner over a couple hours and I am legal to drive. Why wouldn't I take my car?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
He must have made a confession.

I can have 3 Guinness with dinner over a couple hours and I am legal to drive. Why wouldn't I take my car?

Legal to drive is not the same as capable of driving, I know people who are legal to drive but in reality couldn't drive sh*t through a goose.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Legal to drive is not the same as capable of driving, I know people who are legal to drive but in reality couldn't drive sh*t through a goose.

Well capable too. We're way to harsh on drinking while way too lenient on chronic abusers that become scofflaws.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
I have no problem with drinking, but combined with driving even one can be too many.

For some people but not everyone. Some people can't drive even when they haven't touched a drop. Hardly a reason to hang everyone. Drunk drivers who cause accidents should disciplined appropriately. Rather than painting everyone with the same brush.

Seems to me this is how you feel about gun ownership. Why the flip flop here?

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
They have parking lots at the pub cause in case the place doesnt have any fire exits you can leave.

Last edited:

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Why do pubs have parking lots?

Reason number 1 - For those with dedicated sober drivers

Reason number 2 - For those that know they should not drive and take a taxi or hitch a ride with the people from reason number 1

Reason number 3 - For those that are below the limit.

Lastly - The empty parking spots many are from those that were over the limit and left.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Yes, it can be. But it's not necessarily so.

But that is one of the problems- If law enforcement people want to ensure that the highway is safe, then they have to find a way to ensure that the person who can't handle one drink is not driving. (And that can apply to virtually everyone at one time or another) What we can handle at 9 AM after 8 hours sleep and a hearty breakfast might be a far cry from what we can handle at midnight, with nothing to eat for several hours and no sleep for 20 hours. You're on a slippery slope when you start deciding that certain people are alright to drive.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Reason number 1 - For those with dedicated sober drivers

Reason number 2 - For those that know they should not drive and take a taxi or hitch a ride with the people from reason number 1

Reason number 3 - For those that are below the limit.

Lastly - The empty parking spots many are from those that were over the limit and left.

And you forgot the most important one..............................................somewhere to park the beer truck.

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
My four year old cousin was killed by a drunk a few years ago the accused didn't even serve 6 months, so I have no faith in the system.