Canadian sues claiming groping, strip search abuse at U.S. border

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
A 46-year-old Canadian woman sued two unidentified female U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents in U.S. District Court in Detroit on Wednesday, saying one of them strip-searched and groped her without justification as the other one watched at the Ambassador Bridge last March.

Loretta Van Beek of Stratford, Ontario, who said she travels to the U.S. regularly to vacation in Georgia, said agents sent her to secondary inspection because she failed to declare raspberries.

She said agents questioned her during a two-hour session, then ordered her to strip. She said one agent aggressively groped her breasts and genital area for an extended period of time while the other watched. Then they photographed and fingerprinted her and sent her back to Canada, the suit said.

Her lawyer, S. Thomas Wienner of Rochester, said she was traumatized by the incident and wants to find out whether there are other victims.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection said it couldn't comment on pending litigation.

http://www.freep.com/article/20110210/NEWS05/102100560/Canadian-sues-claiming-abuse-U-S-border

Hint: Always, always, always declare your terrorist raspberries when crossing the border

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
If I go to the border with bleuberries can I expect to be groped by two or more female agents for an extended period?
No. But if you try and cross the border with them, you can expect to be detained, possibly searched, by two male agents.

One mans "extended period of time" is another's thorough due diligence.

Sorry if that puts a damper on your cheap thrills beave.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
No. But if you try and cross the border with them, you can expect to be detained, possibly searched, by two male agents.

Sorry if that puts a damper on your cheap thrills beave.

It does. I will have to shave and put on some candy wrapping clothes and give them some deep cleavage. I can eat blueberries very seductively. I'm still going to get a beating aren't I?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
No doubt.

I will have to shave and put on some candy wrapping clothes and give them some deep cleavage.
And we'll likely see a story come along the pipe, about how you were offended when the female agents passed you off to male agents when they ascertained you were not female.

I can eat blueberries very seductively.
I bet you make all the boys hearts go pitter patter beave.

I'm still going to get a beating aren't I?
No body was "beaten" in the article beave. Please try and stay in the realm of reality for awhile.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
No doubt.

And we'll likely see a story come along the pipe, about how you were offended when the female agents passed you off to male agents when they ascertained you were not female.

I bet you make all the boys hearts go pitter patter beave.

No body was "beaten" in the article beave. Please try and stay in the realm of reality for awhile.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
It does. I will have to shave and put on some candy wrapping clothes and give them some deep cleavage. I can eat blueberries very seductively. I'm still going to get a beating aren't I?

Maybe just a spanking. By a female agent with a better mustache than I have.LOL

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Hint: Women don't hide raspberries up their vaginas.
Hint: Once you break the law, you are at the mercy of the system.

Don't break the law, you don't get stripped searched. If you do, come back and we'll talk about how unjust it is.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Not all Homeland Security people are ignorant asses. Some are very professional, polite and respectful, even as they toss you out of the country. (personal experience). I have no problem with people who do their jobs well and enforce American laws. I have no "right" to enter the US. But I do have a right to be treated with respect. I believe this lady was groped and I'm glad she has the ovaries to speak up.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
But I do have a right to be treated with respect.
Can you show me the law that says that?

I believe this lady was groped and I'm glad she has the ovaries to speak up.
Ya, you just know all those female border guards are bull dykes with Beretta strap ons.

So much for due process and jurisprudence eh EAO?

:roll:

Last edited:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Not all Homeland Security people are ignorant asses. Some are very professional, polite and respectful, even as they toss you out of the country. (personal experience). I have no problem with people who do their jobs well and enforce American laws. I have no "right" to enter the US. But I do have a right to be treated with respect. I believe this lady was groped and I'm glad she has the ovaries to speak up.

Nope, yer wrong there eao. If'n ya break the law, they gots the right ta sexually asault ya'll.

The Old Medic

Council Member
May 16, 2010
The World
That's what happens when you "forget" to declare something that you are asked about.

This suit will get nowhere. It gets the lawyer some publicity, and then it will die out.

Big deal!

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
That's what happens when you "forget" to declare something that you are asked about.

This suit will get nowhere. It gets the lawyer some publicity, and then it will die out.

Big deal!

There ya go, sexual assault is the penalty for "forgetting" to declare something.