Pissed! Surveillance camera video of firebomb attack

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

It comes from having two boys that are very much like myself. Working with troubled youth now, has only served to strengthen the skill.

Thanx for noticing bud.

You asked me, what it would take to cause someone to firebomb someones home. I gave you an answer.

People do stupid shyte when they're angry.

The body releases an endorphin that actually makes you dumber for upto 72 hours, when you get angry.

In todays world, it doesn't seem to take much to provoke violent acts.

I was swarmed a few years ago, by a group of punks, because I made eye contact with one. Sadly, they didn't realise, until it was too late, that they had bitten off more then they could chew. It took SCB screaming at and kicking at me to stop.

Yes, because I can rationalize the need for his actions.

Anger issues are more than enough for the Crown to pull the plug on him posessing weapons. A fist fight will get you a 5 year ban on possession and even the lethal sport of fishing. If the Crown didn't see him as a threat they wouldn't be proceeding. All chargges would have been dropped long ago.

This guy isn't going to walk away a happy man due to his actions. He blew it.

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Anger issues are more than enough for the Crown to pull the plug on him posessing weapons.

Only someone with mental issues wouldn't get angry at someone firebombing their home.

Quote:

A fist fight will get you a 5 year ban on possession and even the lethal sport of fishing.

I've had weapons prohibitions placed on me. I never had my fishing license pulled. I now legally own a few weapons, ranging from bows to rifles.

Quote:

If the Crown didn't see him as a threat they wouldn't be proceeding.

You said it best "They'll make an example of him". That isn't because he's a threat to the general public in his community. It's because he's a threat to the established order of things.

You can't have people taking justice into their own hands, can we.

Given you staunch anti Gov't views, I'm surprised you aren't behind him all the way. He's a true rebel, and freedom fighter.

Quote:

All chargges would have been dropped long ago.

Not true.

Quote:

That may very well be true.

DaSleeper
+1

It comes from having two boys that are very much like myself. Working with troubled youth now, has only served to strengthen the skill.

Thanx for noticing bud.

You asked me, what it would take to cause someone to firebomb someones home. I gave you an answer.

People do stupid shyte when they're angry.

The body releases an endorphin that actually makes you dumber for upto 72 hours, when you get angry.

In todays world, it doesn't seem to take much to provoke violent acts.

I was swarmed a few years ago, by a group of punks, because I made eye contact with one. Sadly, they didn't realise, until it was too late, that they had bitten off more then they could chew. It took SCB screaming at and kicking at me to stop.

Yes, because I can rationalize the need for his actions.

Thank goodness that up north some cops have common sense...
A few years ago, while prospecting, I was having midday lunch sitting on a rock with my jacket off and a .44 ruger magnum in full view of anyone at a distance with binoculars.
The police, after a report was made later in town, checked the license number of the vehicle on the side of the road (mine), that had also been reported......
I never heard anything about it until that evening when an officer called me at home and asked me if I was in that area that day. When I answered in the affirmative, he just said thank you and hung up.
It's at a meeting of the Lions' club later that week, where an OPP was also a member that I got the details of the whole thing.
The local police know who is licensed in the area, because they have to sign-off every time you renew.

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

Thank goodness that up north some cops have common sense...
A few years ago, while prospecting, I was having midday lunch sitting on a rock with my jacket off and a .44 ruger magnum in full view of anyone at a distance with binoculars.
The police, after a report was made later in town, checked the license number of the vehicle on the side of the road (mine), that had also been reported......
I never heard anything about it until that evening when an officer called me at home and asked me if I was in that area that day. When I answered in the affirmative, he just said thank you and hung up.
It's at a meeting of the Lions' club later that week, where an OPP was also a member that I got the details of the whole thing.
The local police know who is licensed in the area, because they have to sign-off every time you renew.

You know what he difference between you and I is DaS?

I have pardon's that gave me the ability to get a PAL and then acquire weapons. But the arrest record still exists. As well as a lengthy file of known associates. Many of which are not exactly upstanding civil citizens.

Hence you get a polite phone call.

I get to be pulled over, lol.

Colpy
+1

Anger issues are more than enough for the Crown to pull the plug on him posessing weapons. A fist fight will get you a 5 year ban on possession and even the lethal sport of fishing. If the Crown didn't see him as a threat they wouldn't be proceeding. All chargges would have been dropped long ago.

Are you really that ****ing thick?????

OF COURSE he is not walking away a happy man.....that is because the government is persecuting him.........the INSTANT the Crown dropped all self-defense charges, the charges of unsafe storage became IMPOSSIBLE to win. If he was justified in defending himself with his weapons, as the Crown has admitted in dropping all charges, then the fact he had those weapons out means that they were LEGITIMATELY in use, and NOT in storage. If they were NOT in storage, he can not be guilty of unsafe storage. That makes the continuation of those charges no more and no less than irresponsible persecution by the government.

It is called linear thought.....you should try it sometime.....most sane people use it constantly.

The fact this guy is not happy is because he has been, and continues to be, persecuted by the government in a completely unjust and uncalled for manner.

We should be outraged at that, and rally to his cause, instead of trying to imagine with approval new ways for the government to **** him over.

Geezus, you would have done well as a Stalinist commissar!

petros

You said it best "They'll make an example of him". That isn't because he's a threat to the general public in his community. It's because he's a threat to the established order of things.

You can't have people taking justice into their own hands, can we.

Given you staunch anti Gov't views, I'm surprised you aren't behind him all the way. He's a true rebel, and freedom fighter.

They sure as hell will make an example of him and I sure do support his priveleges to own and use weapons within the bounds of a stable mind in a non-community environment.

Would this man be losing his priveleges if he picked up the phone to call the FD and PD. His problem was solved. He had them on camera.

It was over.

He ****ed up and now has to pay the price for ****ing up.

I've come to the realization that gun laws will NEVER loosened.

It is jackasses like this that will only make it worse for all of us.

He ****ed himself and he ****ed all of us by doing what he did.

DaSleeper
+1

You know what he difference between you and I is DaS?

I have pardon's that gave me the ability to get a PAL and then acquire weapons. But the arrest record still exists. As well as a lengthy file of known associates. Many of which are not exactly upstanding civil citizens.

Hence you get a polite phone call.

I get to be pulled over, lol.

And one of the requirements for a "protected" carry license, is training on how to react when approached by an officer......You know...Hands in full view...palms out...and fully expect to lie face down on the ground while the officer first relieves you of your firearm then once he finds your licence where you tell him it is, helps you get up and apologises to you.
I actualy recieved training for that
My trainer was the police chief of Timmins....

CDNBear

Would this man be losing his priveleges if he picked up the phone to call the FD and PD. His problem was solved. He had them on camera.

He and his property were in IMMEDIATE danger.

People throwing multiple molitov's have expressed clear intent.

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

Are you really that ****ing thick?????

OF COURSE he is not walking away a happy man.....that is because the government is persecuting him.........the INSTANT the Crown dropped all self-defense charges, the charges of unsafe storage became IMPOSSIBLE to win. If he was justified in defending himself with his weapons, as the Crown has admitted in dropping all charges, then the fact he had those weapons out means that they were LEGITIMATELY in use, and NOT in storage. If they were NOT in storage, he can not be guilty of unsafe storage. That makes the continuation of those charges no more and no less than irresponsible persecution by the government.

It is called linear thought.....you should try it sometime.....most sane people use it constantly.

The fact this guy is not happy is because he has been, and continues to be, persecuted by the government in a completely unjust and uncalled for manner.

We should be outraged at that, and rally to his cause, instead of trying to imagine with approval new ways for the government to **** him over.

Heh heh I would recomend this book for arguing with certain one track minds...

petros

He and his property were in IMMEDIATE danger.

People throwing multiple molitov's have expressed clear intent.

He had time to open his safe, load his gun and run outside.
He was outside and out of danger and that is is how and why he ****ed up.

CDNBear

The Crown has already dropped those charges, if I read Colpy correctly.

Which means all other charges are moot.

Unless the Crown is attempting to make an example of him, to prevent this becoming an epidemic.

And I can assure, I can have my rifle, unlocked, and loaded, before a molotov has time to breathe it's first breaths..

DaSleeper
+1
opening this safe doesn't take a long time.....

petros
+1

Unless the Crown is attempting to make an example of him, to prevent this becoming an epidemic.

Now we are on the same wave. I'm all for rational use. Just the sound of a gun being cocked in the cool air of the night is more than plenty intimidation to send the rats scattering. I admit to doing that with more than adequate results. With a loaded weapon in his hand he was indeed protected but when he pulled the trigger and fired warning shots he crossed the rational and reasonable line and the "potential" for other innocent community members to be injured came front and center.

opening this safe doesn't take a long time.....

That is the type of gun you need to protect yourself from fire. A water pistol.

CDNBear

Now we are on the same wave. I'm all for rational use.

And it is my opinion, that this gentleman's use of his weapon, was rational and legitimate. And from what I gather, the Crown thinks so too.

Now it rests on his storage of said weapon, that he faces charges for.

Quote:

With a loaded weapon in his hand he was indeed protected but when he pulled the trigger and fired warning shots he crossed the rational and reasonable line and the "potential" for other innocent community members to be injured came front and center.

Why? He fired warning shots, ending the confrontation, with assailants that had murder as their intent.

Pulling the trigger, is and was the next logical step.

Quote:

That is the type of gun you need to protect yourself from fire. A water pistol.

For that you get a thumbs up, it was funny!

DaSleeper
+1

And it is my opinion, that this gentleman's use of his weapon, was rational and legitimate. And from what I gather, the Crown thinks so too.

Now it rests on his storage of said weapon, that he faces charges for.

Why? He fired warning shots, ending the confrontation, with assailants that had murder as their intent.

Pulling the trigger, is and was the next logical step.

For that you get a thumbs up, it was funny!

It's also a good??? way of not admiting you're wrong...
These night table gun safes also come with a cable lock so someone can't leave with the whole safe and open it later.
Oh yeah! you can tell it's a replica.... unless the safety is for a "leftie" <pun intended>

Colpy
+1

No he did not **** up there, as has been explained to you repeatedly.

The Crown DROPPED ALL CHARGES related to his use of the weapon because THERE WAS NO CHANCE OF CONVICTION.

In other words, you are, as you have been since your first post on this subject, utterly, completely, definitely WRONG!

Try and deal with that ........say it to yourself....you can do it! It is the first step towards sanity, and decency...com'on.....

"I was wrong"

It's not hard.

"I was wrong"

You'll feel so much better.

"I was wrong"

Sound it out........

"I was wrong"

Slowly.....that might be easier....

"I......was....wrong"

It is hard to believe an adult (allegedly) has so much trouble with such a simple concept.

BTW, the poor bugger lives in Ontario, where the government of No Dueling Dalton Gang has made it clear they want all cases involving firearms pushed to the absolute limit. THAT is why this poor bugger has to pay for a lawyer to face down what are obviously vindictive and foolish charges.

It's also a good??? way of not admiting you're wrong...
These night table gun safes also come with a cable lock so someone can't leave with the whole safe and open it later.
Oh yeah! you can tell it's a replica.... unless the safety is for a "leftie" <pun intended>

Actually, I think it is a training pistol....made of plastic, with the weight and feel of the real thing.....used in classrooms to teach weapons retention and other things.......and brightly coloured so there is no mistaking exactly what it is.

A Kimber??? A custom 1911, anyway, most of which have safety levers on both sides of the frame.

DaSleeper

The Crown DROPPED ALL CHARGES related to his use of the weapon because THERE WAS NO CHANCE OF CONVICTION.

In other words, you are, as you have been since your first post on this subject, utterly, completely, definitely WRONG!

Try and deal with that ........say it to yourself....you can do it! It is the first step towards sanity, and decency...com'on.....

"I was wrong"

It's not hard.

"I was wrong"

"I was wrong"

Sound it out........

"I was wrong"

"I......was....wrong"

It is hard to believe an adult (allegedly) has so much trouble with such a simple concept.

BTW, the poor bugger lives in Ontario, where the government of No Dueling Dalton Gang has made it clear they want all cases involving firearms pushed to the absolute limit. THAT is why this poor bugger has to pay for a lawyer to face down what are obviously vindictive and foolish charges.

Actually, I think it is a training pistol....made of plastic, with the weight and feel of the real thing.....used in classrooms to teach weapons retention and other things.......and brightly coloured so there is no mistaking exactly what it is.

A Kimber??? A custom 1911, anyway, most of which have safety levers on both sides of the frame.

I had to look that one up......Never heard of that one.
Would take some time to get used to the safety that far back...or maybe not

ironsides
Here is something I do not think Canada banned yet. Use this to defend yourself and home.

www.coolestone.com:80/media/895/Anvils_Away/ (external - login to view)

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by ironsidesView Post

Here is something I do not think Canada banned yet. Use this to defend yourself and home.

www.coolestone.com:80/media/895/Anvils_Away/ (external - login to view)

I think a potatoe gun is less work...

I wouldn't want to be the one digging that anvil out of the ground.

petros

"I was wrong"

It's not hard.

"I was wrong"

"I was wrong"

Sound it out........

"I was wrong"

"I......was....wrong"

All charges dropped? He can go about his life hassle free? Yes or no chrome dome?

DETAILS....pick up a few DETAILS before you gum flap.

Colpy

All charges dropped? He can go about his life hassle free? Yes or no chrome dome?

DETAILS....pick up a few DETAILS before you gum flap.

The government is persecuting him.........the INSTANT the Crown dropped all self-defense charges, the charges of unsafe storage became IMPOSSIBLE to win. If he was justified in defending himself with his weapons, as the Crown has admitted in dropping all charges, then the fact he had those weapons out means that they were LEGITIMATELY in use, and NOT in storage. If they were NOT in storage, he can not be guilty of unsafe storage. That makes the continuation of those charges no more and no less than irresponsible persecution by the government.

petros
Really? Impossible to win? Why impossible? Justified or lack of a evidence to convict?

Were the dangerous use charges dropped because he was within legal bounds or the Crown knows what they can and will use to do what they want to do to him?

Why is he up on IMPOSSIBLE charges? He sounds pretty damn CHARGED to me.

Why did you hitch your wagon filled with an unhinged sense of entitlement to a nut-bar with an on going history of having social issues?

This mans massive mistakes will linger in the air like a hot fart in a cold waiting room in the realms of firearm enthusiasts for a long long time.

What favours has he done to benefit your own personal privileges?

Colpy

Really? Impossible to win? Why impossible? Justified or lack of a evidence to convict?

Were the dangerous use charges dropped because he was within legal bounds or the Crown knows what they can and will use to do what they want to do to him?

Why is he up on IMPOSSIBLE charges? He sounds pretty damn CHARGED to me.

Why did you hitch your wagon filled with an unhinged sense of entitlement to a nut-bar with an on going history of having social issues?

This mans massive mistakes will linger in the air like a hot fart in a cold waiting room in the realms of firearm enthusiasts for a long long time.

What favours has he done to benefit your own personal privileges?

They are impossible to win because there is precedent.........and the precedent is that firearms that are in use can not be unsafely stored, because they are NOT in storage, they are in use.

So, when the Crown dropped the weapons charges, they conceded that Mr. Thompson's use of firearms was legitimate......if the guns were in use, they were not stored, so he can not be guilty of unsafe storage, which makes the Crown's continuing prosecution of Thompson worse than useless....it is persecution.

The man made no mistake in defending himself. You have already lost that argument completely.

petros
Dropping a charge doesn't mean he was innocecnt. Not at all. Where did you get an idea like that? The Crown always focuses on the sure bet with the most evidence.

If he was being attacked and left his home who was protecting the weapons he left out? What was stopping someone (the firetards) he didn't see from entering his home and arming themselves with his weapons?

If the police have had an ongoing problem with this guy and his neighbours expressing violent and anti-scoial behavour they are going to shut him down.

If this were someone without a string of prior potential violent incidents I'd agree with you 100%.

Like I say you picked the wrong guy to hitch your wagon of dreams to.

Colpy

Dropping a charge doesn't mean he was innocecnt. Not at all. Where did you get an idea like that? The Crown always focuses on the sure bet with the most evidence.

If he was being attacked and left his home who was protecting the weapons he left out? What was stopping someone (the firetards) he didn't see from entering his home and arming themselves with his weapons?

If the police have had an ongoing problem with this guy and his neighbours expressing violent and anti-scoial behavour they are going to shut him down.

If this were someone without a string of prior potential violent incidents I'd agree with you 100%.

Like I say you picked the wrong guy to hitch your wagon of dreams to.

What the hell is a "prior potential violent incident"?

They can't shut him down, he has done nothing wrong.

The problem is not your disagreeing with me, it is the fact that you can not accept that you were completely wrong from the outset.

Now you are simply inventing stuff in a hopeless attempt to fortify your position...

which has already been lost.

petros
Read ALL of the articles about the ongoing war between the neighbours that has had the police out there many many times.

Can you do that?

Six years of of ongoing incidents.

Try reading sect 428 & 446 of the Criminal Code.

Mr Thompson is no ****ig angel.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Read ALL of the articles about the ongoing war between the neighbours that has had the police out there many many times.

Can you do that?

Six years of of ongoing incidents.

Try reading sect 446 of the Criminal Code.

Still, molotov cocktails? Somebody comes to my house and starts heaving those around there wouldn't be any warning shots.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_SoldierView Post

Still, molotov cocktails? Somebody comes to my house and starts heaving those around there wouldn't be any warning shots.

They were charged for arson were they not?

lone wolf
Shoot to kill.... Leaves no conflicting statement and saves confusing the cops

petros
And a one way ticket to the hoosegow for exceeding the bounds of "reasonable force".

Killing animals, ongoing problems, firebombs, shooting warning shots.....would you want that in your community?

no new posts