Dozen Canadians training for jihad in Pakistani terror camp

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
By Gurmukh Singh | IANS India Private Limited – Mon, Jan 17 2:03 PM IST

Toronto, Jan 17 (IANS) Canadian authorities are worried after reports that a dozen Canadian converts to Islam are getting trained for jihad at an Al Qaeda camp in Pakistan.

Barring the so-called Toronto-18 terror plot which was foiled in June 2006, Canada has not faced any threat from jihadists for its participation in the US-led war in Afghanistan.

But now Hong Kong-based Asia Times Online has reported that a dozen Canadian converts are among the jihadists getting training in an Al Qaeda camp near the Pakistan-Afghan border to mount Mumbai-like attacks in Canada.

Quoting 'well-placed Taliban sources', the report says that Al Qaeda's aim is to use Western extremists for an attack on the Canadian soil.

The report says all the 12 Canadians travelled to Afghanistan in February 2010 where they joined the Egyptian militant outfit Jihad al-Islami. In November, they were taken to Darpakhel in Pakistan's lawless North Waziristan border area for weapons training.

'In Afghanistan they received basic jihadi training, while currently they are busy doing some special courses. Their main learning is how to use sophisticated weapons, and how to connect with local smuggling networks in North America,' the report quoted Arif Wazir, a local militant of Darpakhel in North Waziristan, as saying.

'They are also learning how to use ordinary materials like sugar and basic chemicals to make powerful explosives. These militants will then return to their country to execute Al Qaeda's plan of targeting big cities in Canada,' the militant said.

Canadian authorities said they were assessing the report for its 'credibility and reliability' and would take necessary action.

The report names some of the Canadians undergoing training as Jean Paull (local name Sadiq Ullah), Leman Langlois (Sana Ullah), James Richard (Abdur Rehman), Otto Paul (Abu Usman), Thomas (Abdullah) and Paul Gall (Hafiz Ullah).

The report said Americans, Britons and Germans are also getting training at the camp for attacks in Western countries.

Canada is one of the few allied nations which have remained free from a terror attack, barring the aborted Toronto-18 terror attack in 2006. In that plot, all the 18 Muslim youths were arrested before they could go ahead with their plan to blow up major Canadian installations and storm the nation's parliament to take top leaders hostage.

Dozen Canadians training for jihad in Pakistani terror camp - Yahoo! News

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Are you afraid yet

nah, I live in the USA..

It would piss me off if there was an attack on Canadian soil, and maybe it would set some Liberals straight as to our over abused, lacks immigration policies..

Canada should take a page from Australia's immigration policies and limit Muslim immigration to 8%.

( http://www.smh.com.au/news/national...ustralia-warned/2007/02/15/1171405374552.html )

History shows that when you past that tipping point, such as England and France you start to have problems..

...or we can just wait till Vancouver has the big one and the Lower Mainland becomes quick sand and dissapears .. (naughty boy, i know)

Trotz

Electoral Member
May 20, 2010
Alberta
Oh dear,
it looks like blue eyed caucasians around the world are joining these terrorist cells.

We better increase the security at the airplane, add in scanning machines to enter universities classrooms and malls, take away civil liberties, end freedom of the press.

All in the name of the greater good!

Remember, any blue eyed caucasian neighbour of yours might be an Islamic Jihadist! We live in grave times, friends.
Suspect everyone and trust nobody! Remember 9/11!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It would piss me off if there was an attack on Canadian soil, and maybe it would set some Liberals straight as to our over abused, lacks immigration policies..
FOX NEWS says Taliban Navy is going to canoe up the St Larry in early Feb diguised as seal bashers.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Oh dear,
it looks like blue eyed caucasians around the world are joining these terrorist cells.

We better increase the security at the airplane, add in scanning machines to enter universities classrooms and malls, take away civil liberties, end freedom of the press.

All in the name of the greater good!

Remember, any blue eyed caucasian neighbour of yours might be an Islamic Jihadist! We live in grave times, friends.
Suspect everyone and trust nobody! Remember 9/11!
Where did you see anything about blue-eyed Caucasians?

Trotz

Electoral Member
May 20, 2010
Alberta
And how many Pakistani do you know in Canada that go the trouble and effort to adopt Anglo-Saxon and French names?
Regardless, the above two are dimwits who couldn't pick up sarcasm.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Sounds like a bunch of Frenchies to me. Better check everybody's shoes getting on buses in moh-re-al.

I have a much better idea.....arrest these morons when they return, try them for conspiracy and treason, and (if convicted) throw them in jail until they are very old men..........

With regret that we can't use the good old-fashioned firing squad.

Trotz

Electoral Member
May 20, 2010
Alberta
Their getting training for when they are ready to seperate from Canada.

It's hard to take this report seriously as, as I stated, no Pakistani people in Canada go to the trouble and effort to adopt French and Anglo surnames. Having a Muslim local name means nothing as I have foreign licenses in different names (so the locals can pronounce my names easier).

Then it's even harder to imagine actual White Guys in Pakistan training to gain IED experience, you would think some Mountain Herder would have shot them by now or Al Queda would be ransoming them for cheap money.

You would think there are plenty enough of out of employment Chemistry and Engineer majors, who know explosive components and know how to make detonators, without needing to go to Pakistan and risk being killed.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
And how many Pakistani do you know in Canada that go the trouble and effort to adopt Anglo-Saxon and French names?
Regardless, the above two are dimwits who couldn't pick up sarcasm.

Where did you read Pakistani-Canadian? Why assume blue-eyed Caucasian when so many folk of Mediterranean origin (as in the south of France) are brown-eyed, or folk from Haiti aren't all Caucasian. "Canadian" doesn't mean either....

Hell, isn't there enough paranoia?

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
No worries they're Canadian's.

In no time they'll form a union and that terror cell won't get nothing done. :)

Without binding arbitration and accumulating sick days.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Surely if these people were travelling to a foreign country some family members would
know about it. If the family does know and does nothing they should be considered part
of the cell. Therefore strip them of their citizenship if they are immigrants, life in prison
if they are natural born citizens. Then the terrorists themselves. imprisoned for life and
kept in solitary confinement. Harsh damn right.
Keep in mind though I don't have a whole lot of faith in the news source. The reason? I
think if there is a story the terrorist groups want out there they would make it a good one
to cause fear and concern in Canada. The real issue is, the terrorists want secrecy as
to have the advantage of surprise and they would not be telling media their most secret
plans at this stage of the game. Not too worried yet until there is some real facts.
With the whiff of an election in the air it is always good to have a little fear in the mix.
No not blaming the Tories, but the media needs something to define itself going into an
election, what is everyone's position on terrorism? Oh the drama of it all can't wait.