The Beckhams are expecting their fourth child

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
England footballer David Beckham and his wife, the former Spice Girl Victoria Beckham, are expecting their fourth child in the summer.

The glamorous couple are already parents to Brooklyn, 11, Romeo, eight, and Cruz, five, and the three lads are said to be "very excited" about getting a new sibling.

Last year, Posh, 36, became broody after her sister, Louise, fell pregnant.

She told David, 35, the world's most famous footballer, they should start trying for a child after the World Cup in 2010.

Meanwhile it has emerged that the former Manchester United star will NOT be going on loan to north London giants Tottenham Hotspur.

Spurs manager Harry Redknapp wanted to loan his fellow Londoner from his club, Los Angeles Galaxy, during the Major League Soccer close season to play a few games for Spurs this season to aid their effort to become English champions for the first time in 50 years.

But a disappointed 'Arry said today: "It's not going to happen, there are problems with the insurance. As far as playing goes, it's a no-goer. I'm 99.9 per cent sure it won't be happening."

Spurs today beat fellow Londoners Charlton Athletic 3-0 in the FA Cup third round.

Also, the FA are looking to get Harry Redknapp to succeed Fabio Capello as England manager next year after Capello steps down after Euro 2012, and are wanting David Beckham to be his No2.

Posh pregnant

Happy family ... the Beckhams at the BBC Sports Personality of the Year Awards in December, where Beckham picked up the Lifetime Achievement Award

By STAFF REPORTER
The Sun
9th January 2011

DAVID and Victoria Beckham are expecting their fourth child in the summer.

The couple's three sons — Brooklyn, 11, Romeo, eight, and Cruz, five — are said to be "very excited" about having a new brother or sister.

Spokeswoman Jo Milloy confirmed the baby news but declined to give a more specific due date or confirm how far the pregnancy was advanced.

Last year, 36-year-old Posh told pals she was desperate for another baby after her sister Louise fell pregnant.

Each of Posh's sons arrived within months of her sibling giving birth.

She told England legend David, 35, they should start trying for a child after the World Cup in 2010.

The announcement was made after weeks of speculation that the Beckhams may soon return to the UK.

Former England captain David, 35, was linked with a move to Tottenham Hotspur but manager Harry Redknapp admitted today the deal "looked like a no-goer".

He said: "David is welcome to come and train here for a month or so which I think he would like to do but it looks like, as far as playing goes, it looks like a no-goer."

The Beckhams were tonight in the UK, where they are expected to stay until February when David returns to LA Galaxy and Victoria, 36, attends the New York Fashion Week.

The spokeswoman said both their families were "naturally delighted" with the announcement of a fourth child.

Becks won't play for Tottenham

NO DEAL ... David Beckham will not be joining Tottenham on loan from LA Galaxy

HARRY REDKNAPP has revealed Tottenham's loan swoop for David Beckham is dead in the water.

Spurs were among a handful of Premier League clubs keen to sign Beckham on a short-term deal during the Major League Soccer close season.

But Redknapp said: "It's not going to happen, there are problems with the insurance.

"As far as playing goes, it's a no-goer. I'm 99.9 per cent sure it won't be happening.

"It couldn't happen so, not a problem, we'll just get on with it."

Although Beckham will not be moving to White Hart Lane on loan, he will train with Tottenham until February 10.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp

The deal fell through due to an insurance fee Galaxy were demanding to avoid a repeat of the financial loss they suffered after Becks picked up an Achilles injury during his last loan spell with AC Milan.

Redknapp added: "David is a fantastic professional — he will be a great influence around the place and I am sure we will all benefit from his winning mentality.

"I think everyone will enjoy having him here.

"We'd love to have him here for longer but respect his commitments to LA Galaxy. They wanted him back in early February so that made it difficult to do a playing deal on the basis of three weeks."

Beckham, 35, added: "It's important that I maintain a high level of fitness during the MLS off season.

"I'm thankful to Tottenham and Harry for giving me the opportunity to train with the team over the next month.

"I'm grateful to LA Galaxy for allowing to me to train with Spurs. I look forward to getting to work as soon as possible."

thesun.co.uk

Last edited: