Gun Toting Americans Shooting Themselves Up Again

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
Bah....not surprising but did break the monotony of this boring Sat afternoon.

House Speaker John Boehner said he was "horrified" by the shooting.

"An attack on one who serves is an attack on all who serve," he said. "Acts and threats of violence against public officials have no place in our society."

Yep!!

Good on you JBeee....with your yawn.....Never let a tragedy go to waste heh?:roll:

Last edited:

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The real sad thing about this is a 9 year old kid was murdered by some fool with a gun. Here we go
another gun debate. The talk will go on for months and quietly slip beneath the carpet without one
good idea. The real problem is politically people on both sides of American politics have gone from
the concept of exchanging ideas and debate to being personally uncivil to one another.
It is not only a political problem, it has become a problem in a number of areas. Churches have
become in some cases, uncivil and down right heartless in their approach to others. If you don't
believe what I believe there is a Devil and he will get you after God kills you.
In politics there can be no discussion, if you have a different solution you are a Communist or a Nazi
or the Devil himself. If you express a minority opinion you are not patriotic or a hate monger or other
such title that can be used to inflame emotions rather than intellect.
We have the real left who got left out of the Democratic Parties plan for the future now raising the level
of rhetoric that threatens the progress of that parties ability to grow. On the right a party that was once
the domain of fiscal conservatives, is now over run by a protest group that has hijacked a right of center
political agenda. Remember the Silent Majority theme that brought Newt Gingrich to power? That whole
thing eventually set back the right of center movement. When protest groups take over emotion
replaces reason on all side, When anger and emotion are not kept in check we experience what we saw
this morning. What could possibly be profound, or decisive than the death of a child?
Are the problems of America so terrible that people with guns have the right to go around shooting people
especially little children? This can happen anywhere in any society, whether it be Arizona or Sweden.
and it has happened in both. In North America it is time society took stock of itself and started to work
toward civility before trying to solve anything else.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
In North America it is time society took stock of itself and started to work
toward civility before trying to solve anything else.

bears repeating. The fact that people (and I use that term loosely as it applies here) can be so callous as to *yawn* about the shooting and terrorizing of a community serves to underscore your point.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Man oh man you got that right. wtf is he talking about anyway? BCE can't end and AD can't being?

sigh.

A complete whackjob.

I guess we can only be thankfull that he is not overtly political, thus driving the wedge between Americans even deeper........

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
sigh.

A complete whackjob.

I guess we can only be thankfull that he is not overtly political, thus driving the wedge between Americans even deeper........

I kinda got that he was totally political but not from a left or right stance. This guy is coming from a whole other dimension he made up all on his own. I am sure this is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to this loony toon.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
*yawn*

bears repeating. The fact that people (and I use that term loosely as it applies here) can be so callous as to *yawn* about the shooting and terrorizing of a community serves to underscore your point.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
What can you say about a guy like this? All this talk about a new currency, and mind control and
this is more of the wacky road to conspiracy theories that abound all over the world. This nut
case is a dreamer, I sure as hell hope there are less dreamers in my neighbourhood.
I still believe though, that when people reduce everything to emotional rhetoric it inspires the nut
cases to come out play

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
Arizona gun laws allow anyone over the age of 21 to openly carry weapons yet everyone is `shocked` and `surprised`. *yawn*

What can you say about a guy like this? All this talk about a new currency, and mind control and
this is more of the wacky road to conspiracy theories that abound all over the world. This nut
case is a dreamer, I sure as hell hope there are less dreamers in my neighbourhood.
I still believe though, that when people reduce everything to emotional rhetoric it inspires the nut
cases to come out play

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Arizona gun laws allow anyone over the age of 21 to openly carry weapons yet everyone is `shocked` and `surprised`. *yawn*

I'm shocked and surprised that there wasn't one armed person there that would shoot back. Americans are always crying about their right to defend themselves. Either the rate that people pack is alot lower than the media would have us believe or, when the chance came to defend themselves they chose not to.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Yes, insanity and the desire to kill people is a US phenomena. It didn't exist in humanity until North America was settled.

Your trolling is getting more and more preposterous.