Rapture coming, make plans

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Christian group claims rapture coming this May

If your plans for the future include surviving the end of days in 2012 due to the Mayan calendar you might just want to hurry up, as a new Christian group is claiming the Rapture will happen in May of this year.

Billboards in American cities from Bridgeport, Connecticut to Little Rock, Arkansas are now advertising an alarming message that says the end of the world will begin on May 21, 2011, reports Associated Press.
The Oakland, California based group is not affiliated with any particular church but is rather an independent Christian ministry led by 89-year-old Harold Camping who is convinced that his reading of the Bible showed him the rapture will begin in May and that God will destroy the world on October 21, 2011.
The Rapture is the belief by some Christians that on or up to seven years prior to Christ's return they will be gathered together in the air to greet him thus being saved from destruction.
According to the group's website We Can Know, the dates are "100 percent accurate and beyond dispute".
Most churches will not predict when the end of this system of things will be citing Jesus Christ's words in Matthew 24:36 where he says, “Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father."
As part of the group's campaign to warn people of the impending destruction they use billboards, bus stop benches, volunteers to pass out pamphlets on the street as well as caravans of RVs carrying the message. The group even has missionaries heading to South America and Africa to warn the faithful.
In an interview with Associated Press, U.S. Army veteran Marie Exley said, "A lot of people might think, 'The end's coming, let's go party. But we're commanded by God to warn people. I wish I could just be like everybody else, but it's so much better to know that when the end comes, you'll be safe."

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Well if the Mayans were right about the end of the world, they must have been right about all the sacrificing of people to appease the gods. Who to start with?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Well, the Jehova's Witnesses have warned about the end of the world at least a dozen times. On the other hand the J.W. leaders have absconded with the group's money at least twice. I'm going to try not to get too excited about God making the end of the world right now. I get the distinct feeling that man's end will come about because of our own foolishness and greed.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Well May just isn't convenient for me. I have based all my plans around a December 2012 ending - why can't they get their turds in a herd over there?

"Turds in a herd".....That is funny:smile:
Of course you could have used "poop in a group",
or "crap in a basket", or ...............Nevermind....:roll:;-)

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Leon's don't pay a cent event, sounds better now.

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
Geez if I want my birthday gift I better advance the date!!!!!

Don't we all sound so worried!

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Geez 1999 wasn't that thier real date?
Yeah watch the credit card debt go soaring high at some point this year lol.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The reason the Mayan calendar is set for 2012 is because they ran out of rocks and the guy who knew
where they were was making a beer run. First of all the end is a hell of a long way off unless we are
hit by an asteroid that would change things. How is it when these groups can't explain things they say
it is a Divine Mystery, yet when God tells them no one shall know the hour, they can predict with the
utmost accuracy the return of the Lord? I don't know what they are smoking but many will seek what
it is. Besides if the end is coming we no longer have to pay off our credit cards right?

elhurmusa

Jan 5, 2011
Sudan
God tells us (muslim) no one shall know the hour, they can predict the end!!!

But the end is coming but no one understand