Bye Bye CPP

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
8O.......Said it couldn't happen, all you fine Con folks; well, read it and weep.

The question always was; "what ya gonna do when they come for YOU??"

Well, they're HERE!!, and you can kiss your ass, CPP, and later your OAS goodbye.

FXXXing blind, blinkered, Con supporters. Pin your hopes on ideology and it will always come back to bite your ass.

Did you really believe Harpo was just going to play the piano, sing a few songs, have some "refugee" distractions, and things were going to go on as usual.??? This privatization crap has been simmering on the back burner in his little neo-con Nazi mind long before he got elected.

Fxxk the country economically, offshore all the jobs, underfund anything public, and when it doesn't work any more (as planned), turn it over to their rich buddies in "private" enterprise, a la, USA. Look what a lovely country that is turning out to be.

Backlash grows against Flaherty?s pension proposal - thestar.com

good luck to us. end of rant.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
8O.......Said it couldn't happen, all you fine Con folks; well, read it and weep.

The question always was; "what ya gonna do when they come for YOU??"

Well, they're HERE!!, and you can kiss your ass, CPP, and later your OAS goodbye.

FXXXing blind, blinkered, Con supporters. Pin your hopes on ideology and it will always come back to bite your ass.

Did you really believe Harpo was just going to play the piano, sing a few songs, have some "refugee" distractions, and things were going to go on as usual.??? This privatization crap has been simmering on the back burner in his little neo-con Nazi mind long before he got elected.

Fxxk the country economically, offshore all the jobs, underfund anything public, and when it doesn't work any more (as planned), turn it over to their rich buddies in "private" enterprise, a la, USA. Look what a lovely country that is turning out to be.

Backlash grows against Flaherty?s pension proposal - thestar.com

good luck to us. end of rant.

1, A man that does nothing but get paid to shyte disturb, that will get a pension for that, that in essence is bigger then the average working Canadian families income, bitchin' about a VOLUNTARY program.

2, A program (CPP), that was already known to be at risk in coming years, by previous Gov'ts.

3, Is Godwin's law applied now, since the Nazi thing is already in the OP?

4, I don't know any Conservative minded folk, that weren't well aware of the pressure retiring baby boomers were going to place on a system the Liberals opened up to immigrants that haven't contributed anything to.

5, Why is this the Conservatives fault?

6, How did OAS get dragged into this?

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
The following has little to do with CPP, but just a hint of what might be snaking its way north;

Keep your eyes wide shut, folks. Stevo loves ya.

Direct Action from Brazil to Wisconsin

Imagine, folks in the great US of A being shown the way South Americans. A lesson for us too??

Nah - couldn't happen here.

1, A man that does nothing but get paid to shyte disturb, that will get a pension for that, that in essence is bigger then the average working Canadian families income, bitchin' about a VOLUNTARY program.

2, A program (CPP), that was already known to be at risk in coming years, by previous Gov'ts.

3, Is Godwin's law applied now, since the Nazi thing is already in the OP?

4, I don't know any Conservative minded folk, that weren't well aware of the pressure retiring baby boomers were going to place on a system the Liberals opened up to immigrants that haven't contributed anything to.

5, Why is this the Conservatives fault?

6, How did OAS get dragged into this?

Well, just to address one thing, my con friend. In order to partake in this glorious public/private circle jerk......one must be EMPLOYED. Not too much of that happening lately, the burger king and wallymart jobs excepted, of course.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Well, just to address one thing, my con friend. In order to partake in this glorious public/private circle jerk......one must be EMPLOYED. Not too much of that happening lately, the burger king and wallymart jobs excepted, of course.

Ah, I didn't realize that nobody had jobs any more. Guess I've been too busy.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Well, just to address one thing, my con friend.
Dude, contrary to the published misconception, I'm a hippy.

Do Conservatives grow dope?

In order to partake in this glorious public/private circle jerk......one must be EMPLOYED. Not too much of that happening lately, the burger king and wallymart jobs excepted, of course.
Really?

I just did some install work for a growing company, they just hired 3 new people in the span of the 1 week I was there.

Go figure. I didn't smell burgers or see blue smocks anywhere.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Ignatieff has announced he wants a spring election. It's time to drag out the old "SECRET AGENDA" and ramp up the idiots.

geiseric

Nominee Member
Oct 18, 2010
The CPP fund is healthy. This latest foray is about extending the benefits to a wider range of people, which requires approval of the provinces and so far has failed. How Flaherty's suggested end-run differs from RRSPs eludes me but I can't say I expect to be too pleased with the answer.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The CPP fund is healthy. This latest foray is about extending the benefits to a wider range of people, which requires approval of the provinces and so far has failed. How Flaherty's suggested end-run differs from RRSPs eludes me but I can't say I expect to be too pleased with the answer.
As long as they keep us in war and the oil keeps flowing the CPP will be fine.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Anyone who is currently drawing CCP or OAS will not have a problem.

The average cabinet minister thinks the average taxpayer ix a moron and they're are likely correct.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Given the recent market meltdown and the loss of a trillion dollars in savings why would governments turn to the private sector for help with pension plans....the make them richer?

Seems my pal Fartery is in bed with the bankers....again.

I hate that little prick....called him that to his face years ago.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Given the recent market meltdown and the loss of a trillion dollars in savings why would governments turn to the private sector for help with pension plans....the make them richer?

Why do think their knickname is GovernmentSachs?

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.

Too bad you didn't get close enough to kick him in the place where his balls would be, if he had any.:smile:

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Too bad you didn't get close enough to kick him in the place where his balls would be, if he had any.:smile:

I did, I had a meeting in his office when he was the Ontario finance minister.

He didn't like what I had to say.

He is one of the biggest political opportunists and I have funded every campaign to defeat him.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
I did, I had a meeting in his office when he was the Ontario finance minister.

He didn't like what I had to say.

He is one of the biggest political opportunists and I have funded every campaign to defeat him.

I wish I could have been a fly on the wall in that meeting.

Anyone who is currently drawing CCP or OAS will not have a problem.

The average cabinet minister thinks the average taxpayer ix a moron and they're are likely correct.

They may or may not be correct, but they certainly treat the "average" folk like residents of a home for the retarded.

And, you're right Juan. I've got mine. Screw everyone else. ( Gonna join the Conservative party). Been collecting it for several years now, both OAS & CPP. After this thread has run its course, no more political commentary from Nuggs. Too draining, and it doesn't accomplish a damn thing cept give the Arsey MP another name to add to the list to "investigate"

By the time my grandchildren are old enough to vote, voting might be a thing of the past, likewise freedom to associate, speak, and write. The whole Orwellian double speak plus good will have been firmly entrenched by our political masters.. By the time they "retire", they probably won't. And there's the pissoff.

My dear wife keeps telling me to calm down, or maybe have a stroke. She doesn't realize I am calm, and that's pretty scary.

;-)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I read the attachment and quite frankly I don't see what the flap is about. I interpreted it to mean if you don't want a pension you won't be forced to pay into it. You can't get much more democratic than that. You just can't suit all people. Some want the Gov't. to spoon feed them by deducting monthly premiums off their cheque while others want to do their own investing. I don't see a problem with either. What I do see a problem with is people who don't want to contribute either way and then come crying that they are broke at age 65.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
CPP is a joke. I understand people think they are entitled to it, after all its something we've had to pay into, but in reality it was a screwed up set up and is now nothing more than additional income tax. The generation(s) before the Baby Boomers got a sweet deal but anyone after is looking at a fund that cannot pay out at the same rate because there won't be enough money in the fund to cover it. If they are allowing people to opt out, then thats more fair, in relation to the way older generations have been treated: we won't be able to collect anyway so maybe we won't have to pay into it.

The reality is if you were relying on the gov't to look after your retirement years and you're not already retired, you're S.O.L. Us younger people need to look after ourselves, through work place pension programs or investing on our own.