Propaganda: Mass distribution

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
The US of A. Taking another step to control the population. I have to say it's smart. Start from the least intelligent of the masses and when enough people are frightened and compliant then eventually they will change public opinion and the more intelligent people will be swept in by default.

Coming soon to your nearest Wal-Mart: fear!
While consumers are looking for bargains within the aisles, the federal government figures that's a great time to get shoppers to look out for "suspicious" activity. It's part of a new Department of Homeland Security program that places videos featuring Secretary Janet Napolitano in stores, hotels and other outlets. The program will start in an initial 230 locations and may be spread to as many as 600 nationwide.

Read more: Attention, Wal-Mart Shoppers, an Urgent Message from the Department of Homeland Security - TIME NewsFeed
Source - Time

A bit more in depth article here.

So maybe Americans will do something about this before the Teaparty crowd starts telling people they are traitors if they don't dutifully hunt for terrorists in their home town.
Next thing could be Homeland Security demanding you give them the names of your friends that support the terrorists. That may seem like a strech at this point but you can't deny these propaganda videos are a step in that direction.

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
That kind of crap has been going on for years,nothing new there,except that meby the sheep are getting easier to bunch up.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Yep. Gettin' stupider.

Between facebook and twitter and general braindeadedness, our new generation is lacking.

Well you gotta admit that the generation ahead of them isn't exactly a model of inspiration.
Homeland security is much like a deja vu of McCartyyism. Plays well with the LMCs like YJ

Yep. Gettin' stupider.

Between facebook and twitter and general braindeadedness, our new generation is lacking.

Well you gotta admit that the generation ahead of them isn't exactly a model of inspiration.
Homeland security is much like a deja vu of McCartyyism. Plays well with the LMCs like YJ and the rest of the republicans.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Homeland security is much like a deja vu of McCarthyism. Plays well with the LMCs like YJ and the rest of the republicans.

Yes. I guess that's what they say...? It skips a generation..

I've made my daughter well aware of the McCarthy-esc ways. She is pre jaded about anything she hears in the mass media. It's our only hope. If our kids believe the media then our freedom will fall.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Low Marble Count. Got it from a teacher a few years back when some PC type decided slow kids could no longer be called retards.

Got it from a teacher eh.....:roll:..... and people wonder why our education system is the way it is.

Trotz

Electoral Member
May 20, 2010
Alberta
That kind of crap has been going on for years,nothing new there,except that meby the sheep are getting easier to bunch up.

Agreed,
these things were otherwise pointed out by our communication theorist Marshall Mcluhan.

On the contrary, the fact that we can discuss these things and we have an unregulated medium (internet) is a revolutionary phenomena and it defines politics (i.e. wiki-leaks, grass root internet support behind Ron Paul and the Tea Party, et al).

No doubt the reason why politicians are keen, as evident in Australia with increasing censorship, to have our medium shut down and eventually they will (I'll guess martial law or a false flag of cyber terrorism)

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Yep. Gettin' stupider.

Generation X is just coming of age. I had a good chuckle when I heard someone mention Gen Xers pushing their kids off to university and wondering what to do with the geriatic pet.

Trotz

Electoral Member
May 20, 2010
Alberta
I disagree on the notion that my generation is more stupid than its predecessors.

My parents had completed undergraduate degrees back in the 1960s and the expectations then were the same as now, one or two papers per course.
The principle difference that does come to my mind is that we no longer fail or remove kids from the education system. I know my Highschool years could have been a lot better had all the pseudo-gangsters dropped out at grade 3.

Trotz

Electoral Member
May 20, 2010
Alberta
PULL UP YOUR PANTS!!!

Are your thumbs strong enough to crack walnuts thanks to texting and gaming?

How are 'Gangbangers' any different from the 'peace loving hippies' of the 1960s Boomers? IMO, I'm not fond of any sub-culture, whether they are Hippies, Hipsters (current form of hippies), skinheads, gangbangers, skaters, emos; et al, they can all stuff it.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Intelligence vs fear, fear wins every time. The people of America have always responded well
to fear that is because they rarely if ever think for themselves. They still believe universal medicare
is communism for Gods sake. The biggest danger to America is putting Entertainment Tonight up
against the major news. Fox is another station that never lets the facts get in the way of a good
news story. On the other end of the scale, is NBC they don't care too much about all the facts
either. This is another form of McCarthyism it is true, but until the American people get beyond the
essence of fear, not much will change. The problem is the are trusting the people who will screw
them the most, not much has changed.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
How are 'Gangbangers' any different from the 'peace loving hippies' of the 1960s Boomers? IMO, I'm not fond of any sub-culture, whether they are Hippies, Hipsters (current form of hippies), skinheads, gangbangers, skaters, emos; et al, they can all stuff it.
They have jobs and wash.

YouTube - Mothers Little Helper Rolling Stones (w/ lyrics)

My mom didn't need valium (mother's little helper) she had an attitude and a stick and knew how to use it.