"Christ Meets Bigfoot" Atheist Ads Coming to a Community Near You!

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Critical thought is in short supply. Who knows why people will believe in one improbability and violently rail against another? I can't see any difference between the debates about religions and those about politics. Both flail at intangibles and man made ideas about unknowables. If people would actually stop and think about what it is they are fighting about, there would be a lot less conflict in the world. But then, someone is bound to get pissed at me for stating the obvious.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Personally, Cliff, I was offended that they included Zeus in the lineup!

PS
Wisdom seems in short supply these days. I wonder if it's the lack of sunlight?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I'll reserve judgement............until I see if all the criticism is aimed at the peaceful Christians....

Do they dare criticize Islam?

How about a pic of Mohammed with a bloody sword and an 8 year old girl on his arm?

Be a whole lot more accurate than Christ and Bigfoot....I doubt they ever met.

And I doubt the idiots putting out these ads have the cojones to take on Islam.........

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
I'll reserve judgement............until I see if all the criticism is aimed at the peaceful Christians....

You should really read the story before you make judgement too, you'll see this picture accompanying the story in the Vancouver Sun article:

Notice anything?

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
"Why is belief in Bigfoot dismissed as delusional while belief in Allah and Christ is respected and revered? All of these claims are equally extraordinary and demand critical examination," says the campaign's website, Extraordinary Claims.

They got a point..... however the religious icons have..... religion backing them up.... that's the difference, albeit a small one..... while Physics has science backing it up..... which is just the same as religion, which is a system of belief a group of people practice to help better understand or explain the world around them and their lives..... which neither fully explain everything.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
You should really read the story before you make judgement too, you'll see this picture accompanying the story in the Vancouver Sun article:

Notice anything?

I said I'd reserve judgement.............I hadn't seen the ads.

I do not understand why a group would be so antagonistic to people's spirituality that they would spend money to attack it in ads........seems arrogant and foolish to me, and casually impolite.....talk about shoving your religious beliefs down everyones' throat!!!

But......the ads are not blatantly offensive, and even if they were, freedom of speech means just that.

They are obviously OK..........

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I don't understand why you need an organized group to not believe in something.

Do we need an organization of people who are not hockey fans?

What's the point? The whole thing seems stupid to me: if you don't believe in a god, don't believe. Why do you need a support group?

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Personally, Cliff, I was offended that they included Zeus in the lineup!

PS
Wisdom seems in short supply these days. I wonder if it's the lack of sunlight?

I am offended also, why did they leave out Rhea and Kronos the mother and father of Zeus? Least we forget the descendants of Gaia, the earth, and Uranus, the sky. The humanity of it all will it never end.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

How about a pic of Mohammed with a bloody sword and an 8 year old girl on his arm?

Be a whole lot more accurate than Christ and Bigfoot....I doubt they ever met.

And I doubt the idiots putting out these ads have the cojones to take on Islam.........
You already ignore the word of Christ so what are you worried about? Now that takes ballls to spit in the eye of your own God.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Hey, Christ was a good guy. Probably played hockey.:hello1:

The idiots who tortured and killed in his name--------not so nice. Probably broomball.

Allah's a whole nother story. Don't be ridin them buses any time soon, eh.

:notworthy:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Funny. Christians advertise all over the place. Don't hear anybody complaining about that.

Why do people who believe in god need to organize?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Funny. Christians advertise all over the place. Don't hear anybody complaining about that.

Why do people who believe in god need to organize?

It's not people who believe in God who need to organize, it's that like minded individuals are attracted to like minded individuals. And once they are grouped, the ones who feel they are right tend to get loud and try to inform others of how right they are. Atheist, Christian, Muslim... it's all the same when you're on the loud preachy side of the spectrum.