British lottery winner must pay £2M to wife who dumped him

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
British lottery winner must pay £2M to wife who dumped him | News.com.au

A MAN who won a massive lottery win was was forced to give a £2 million share to his ex-wife who dumped him 10 years ago.

Divorced Nigel Page, who won £56 million ($89 million) was sued by Wendy, 43, for £8 million after his EuroMillions jackpot this year, even though she left him for another man in 2000, The Sun reported.

Mr Page - who remarried after his win last February - is believed to be the first lottery-winning husband in the UK to be successfully sued for a slice of their winnings.

Friends told how despite being left heartbroken when his wife walked out, taking their then-three-year-old daughter Ella, he generously offered her £1million after his lottery numbers came up.

A friend said: "Nigel feels very hurt. The last seven months have been horrendous for him. Up to this point everyone got on pretty well. But what Wendy has done has ruined everything."

The £2 million lump sum she agreed to accept is entirely hers to spend as she wishes - after a bid by Nigel to pay it into a trust for Ella was vetoed.

His ex-wife is also believed to have obtained a huge increase in maintenance payments for their daughter - up from £150 a month to £2,000.

She is said to have rushed to consult lawyers after discovering he planned to give other relatives money.

Mr Page is thought to have agreed to the settlement rather than face the prospect of a larger payout to his ex-wife if the case had gone to court.Experts said it was likely the couple failed to include a legally-binding clean break arrangement at the time of their divorce.

The out-of-court settlement is understood to include a gagging order - preventing either party from talking about it.

He refused to comment on his payout and his ex, who is employed by St. James' Place Wealth Management, also remained silent.

Asked about the settlement she said: "I'm not interested, thank you."
Sick, money-grubbing b*tch..... as far as I see how it should be, anything either person obtains, gains, wins or earns after a divorce should no longer be available for the other divorced person to mooch off of and argue they somehow deserve it...... a divorce is the ending of a marriage contract, children or not, that relationship is toast and the only connection either should still have with one another should be if children are involved and/or the settlement made during the divorce..... anything after a divorce contract has been made and accepted should be off-limits.

A$$holes like this b*tch shouldn't be able to hound someone for the rest of their life to continually milk out anything they can from them when they haven't been a part of their lives for so long.

She sounds like she royally screwed this guy over once, took off to skank up another guy, took their kid and now acts as if she's still entitled to any successes this guy has in his life...... 10 years after they divorced.

Plus the fact the divorce seems to have been done over her taking off with another guy, imo, he should have had custody of the child, she should have owed HIM money for breaking their marriage contract and she should have no grounds to seek anything from him other then a fart in the face.

Crap like this pisses me off to no end....... undeserving, self-entitled, self-righteous, selfish, greedy assclowns that seem to get their way at the expense of others.

Sure, he won like £56 million and she only got £2 million of it, thus a small penny in comparison to what he still has, but it's the damn principle of the whole thing.... she didn't deserve 1/2 a shilling....... and the fact that the £2 million doesn't even have to go to their child, but it's just hers to blow as she sees fit is disgusting beyond belief.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
If any money had to be given out, it should have been child support payments only(and that would be monitored to make sure that the money was spent properly). She does not deserve any money herself as he did not win the money while they were still together, unlike the local case where the man won the lottery while still married and then tried to hide it while they got divorced(she definitely deserved the money in that case).

It sounds like the law is different over in Britain, as I don't think she would be entitled to any money here in Canada(unless it would be for child support as he is now making more money, but even then I am not certain).

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
PS........all women are entitled to blow as they see fit, right?:evil4:

Oh Nuggler! You are such a rapscallion.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
If the ticket was bought before they were divorced, I could see she would have a claim.

If the money was put in trust for the child, I could see there could be a claim.

But this brings up a point: if he was sued for 56million, would she be forced to pay 2 million of it?

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Some women are really nasty. Years ago, my neighbour was a very nice, hard working contractor that had built his company from scratch. He played in a blues band on the side. One day, a woman appeared at his place. She apparently met him in a bar and went home with him. She parked her dead car in front of his house, and told him she had no where to live - so he let her stay in the basement bedroom until she was on her feet. She was pregnant before the end of the month, so she quit her cashier job to get fat and happy. As the good responsible son of Italian immigrants, he proposed marriage. She accepted. That Christmas, you could hear her screaming for miles. I asked what the problem was. She told him to buy her a specific piece of jewelry for her gift, and Christmas morning there was a great big box under the tree. She opened the box, and there was a set of pots and pans. This was scream worthy. Inside the bottom pot was the jewelry she demanded. Over the next couple of years, she demanded a new vehicle, seduced all the guys in the blues band, demanded a new house and got pregnant again. Now, nicely perched in her new house with her new car and her two children, she started on my neighbour. She slowly and maliciously undermined his confidence in himself. She told people that he was wearing her underwear - that she knew this because it was stretchd. This was a little bit of a stretch since she was about 100 pounds heavier than he was. She convinced this Italian construction guy to dye his hair blond (it looked ridiculous), and eventually she marched him over to the psych ward at the hospital and claimed he was crazy. Then she began divorce proceedings, alleging that he was nuts, that he molested his sons. I cautioned her against completely destroying him because he would lose his business, and then the money would be cut off. She didn't care. She got the house, the children, the car ... he lost the company, and he walked away from the whole ugly story because of the molestation allegations. He called me a couple of years ago to ask how his sons were doing - he hadn't seen them since they were pre-schoolers. I didn't know because I cut contact with her after she demolished this guy. Whenever his new band (he found out the other guys all slept with his wife) had a gig, she contacted the club and complained repeatedly about the band. He lives in a rental, works construction (lost all his contracting equipment), and tries to stay below radar so she leaves him alone.

That is extreme, but this sort of thing happens all too often.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
If any money had to be given out, it should have been child support payments only(and that would be monitored to make sure that the money was spent properly). She does not deserve any money herself as he did not win the money while they were still together, unlike the local case where the man won the lottery while still married and then tried to hide it while they got divorced(she definitely deserved the money in that case).

It sounds like the law is different over in Britain, as I don't think she would be entitled to any money here in Canada(unless it would be for child support as he is now making more money, but even then I am not certain).

I think that the Child Support would increase - Alimony as well unless there was none in the divorce settlement- If sh was receiving alimony it could increase but to a reasonable point - I do not think she would have got 2 million - As to a trust fund the Judge would also take that into consideration as a fair offer.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Some women are really nasty. Years ago, my neighbour was a very nice, hard working contractor that had built his company from scratch. He played in a blues band on the side. One day, a woman appeared at his place. She apparently met him in a bar and went home with him. She parked her dead car in front of his house, and told him she had no where to live - so he let her stay in the basement bedroom until she was on her feet. She was pregnant before the end of the month, so she quit her cashier job to get fat and happy. As the good responsible son of Italian immigrants, he proposed marriage. She accepted. That Christmas, you could hear her screaming for miles. I asked what the problem was. She told him to buy her a specific piece of jewelry for her gift, and Christmas morning there was a great big box under the tree. She opened the box, and there was a set of pots and pans. This was scream worthy. Inside the bottom pot was the jewelry she demanded. Over the next couple of years, she demanded a new vehicle, seduced all the guys in the blues band, demanded a new house and got pregnant again. Now, nicely perched in her new house with her new car and her two children, she started on my neighbour. She slowly and maliciously undermined his confidence in himself. She told people that he was wearing her underwear - that she knew this because it was stretchd. This was a little bit of a stretch since she was about 100 pounds heavier than he was. She convinced this Italian construction guy to dye his hair blond (it looked ridiculous), and eventually she marched him over to the psych ward at the hospital and claimed he was crazy. Then she began divorce proceedings, alleging that he was nuts, that he molested his sons. I cautioned her against completely destroying him because he would lose his business, and then the money would be cut off. She didn't care. She got the house, the children, the car ... he lost the company, and he walked away from the whole ugly story because of the molestation allegations. He called me a couple of years ago to ask how his sons were doing - he hadn't seen them since they were pre-schoolers. I didn't know because I cut contact with her after she demolished this guy. Whenever his new band (he found out the other guys all slept with his wife) had a gig, she contacted the club and complained repeatedly about the band. He lives in a rental, works construction (lost all his contracting equipment), and tries to stay below radar so she leaves him alone.

That is extreme, but this sort of thing happens all too often.

People like that, regardless if they're man or woman, should be dragged out on the street and shot.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
You cannot convince me that he couldn't have seen what sort of woman she was early on.

Men tend to lose their ability to see properly when a woman is involved, especially if they end up naked in front of us.