Stewart/Colbert Rally to Restory Sanity/Fear

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
It's tomorrow. There's going to be a live webcast. I can post a link when it's up. But it's going to begin at 12 pm EDT tomorrow. Here's some more info.

Rally to Restore Sanity

If anyone is going to make it to DC this weekend, you've picked a good time. Halloween weekend is a crazy time. It's a massive street party here.

Revelers, ralliers a potent brew for trouble | Washington Examiner

Revelers, ralliers a potent brew for trouble

By: Scott McCabe
Examiner Staff Writer
October 28, 2010

Halloween weekend is scary enough around Washington without a march on the National Mall to keep fear alive.
In addition to the customary tens of thousands of drunken revelers in Georgetown, hordes of hipsters are pouring into town for TV news satirists Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert's mock rally on Saturday. It's also Howard University's homecoming weekend.
Several hundred thousand partiers means a potentially perfect brew for some serious Halloween havoc, and police agencies are beefing up their presence to handle it.
D.C. police spokeswoman Gwendolyn Crump said in a statement that there will be "full deployment of the entire department" on Saturday, although she wouldn't get into specifics about their plans.
The safest place might be on the National Mall for Stewart's and Colbert's "Rally to Restore Fear/Sanity," jokingly termed the Million Moderate March. More than 225,000 people had RSVP'd on the event's Facebook page as of Thursday evening.
U.S. Park Police say they can't talk about the safeguards being taken, but a spokesman said law enforcement officials are ready with a "robust plan" for traffic control, crowd management and any security issues.
"This is not unexplored territory for us," said Sgt. David Schlosser.
The rally wraps early enough in the afternoon that revelers can recharge a little before joining the parade of costumed partiers in Georgetown, where the "Nightmare on M Street" pub crawl has evolved into a massive street party.
D.C. Councilman Jack Evans, who represents that area, said the District has been preparing for Halloween weekend since after Labor Day.
"We put a plan in place 20 years ago and it has worked well," Evans said. "We're in good shape."
Councilwoman Mary Cheh's Ward 3 will get disrupted by more than just American University college students dangling toilet paper from houses and tree branches. Some animal rights group members have been known to mark Halloween night in that area of upper Northwest by wearing masks and shouting threats at targeted homes through bullhorns, like you, "You should die!"
"They're not a minor problem," Cheh said. "In their own way, they're like terrorists."
About 100,000 people are expected to celebrate Howard's homecoming, a glitzy extravaganza Sports Illustrated has crowned the best homecoming in America.
Everybody knows Howard's homecoming isn't about the morning's football game. The week is about fashion, music and being seen. Saturday's official events winds up with a fashion show and step show, and artists like Soulja Boy hold events around the city.
School officials remind students, alumni and friends about the dangers that come with the fun, said university spokeswoman Kerry-Ann Hamilton.
In 2005, rap star Cam'ron was in town for Howard homecoming when he was shot twice in the arm while driving his royal blue 2006 Lamborghini.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I watched part of it and it was in good humour of course humour as ridicule is
the best weapon of all. Palin for President, she is the biggest joke of all.
If that is the best America has, as an alternative America is a rock bottom and
it is time for mass therapy.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
The Liberal media will not show this picture8O

This rally is no more resonsible for individual actions/opinions/signs in its crowd than the Paul Rand rally was responsible for the head stomper. So, even if they were trying to hide such things (which Tonington points out they're not), why would that be an issue? No one sign represents the whole rally.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
This rally is no more resonsible for individual actions/opinions/signs in its crowd than the Paul Rand rally was responsible for the head stomper. So, even if they were trying to hide such things (which Tonington points out they're not), why would that be an issue? No one sign represents the whole rally.
You may think I was trying to bemean the rally......'Au contraire' ....I was just trying to put some balance to the post preceding mine and not let this thread become a left wing backslapping;-)

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
Dueling Trains. For anyone who missed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKRJfIPiJGY

You may think I was trying to bemean the rally......'Au contraire' ....I was just trying to put some balance to the post preceding mine and not let this thread become a left wing backslapping;-)

You should probably look for better examples of offensive signs at the rally. The following YouTube person has found what he thinks are examples of hateful signs at the rally. But all of them are just pretty funny.

YouTube - Hateful Posters at Rally for Sanity and/or Fear in Washington, DC

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
I watched part of it and it was in good humour of course humour as ridicule is
the best weapon of all. Palin for President, she is the biggest joke of all.
If that is the best America has, as an alternative America is a rock bottom and
it is time for mass therapy.

The biggest joke is already the President. For no more than two years.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Dueling Trains. For anyone who missed it.

YouTube - Rally for Sanity or Fear - Colbert, Stewert, Cat Stevens, Ozzy, O'Jays #rally4sanity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKRJfIPiJGY

You should probably look for better examples of offensive signs at the rally. The following YouTube person has found what he thinks are examples of hateful signs at the rally. But all of them are just pretty funny.

YouTube - Hateful Posters at Rally for Sanity and/or Fear in Washington, DC
Just for laughs and giggles.....I would ask you to imagine...if these were posters of Obama, Pelosi, Reid and a few more Democrats with Hitler mustaghes.....or....I masturbate to Hillary....would you find them as funny .
Take a look from the other side of the street once in a while...you know....fair and balanced...say wot?;-)

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
DaSleeper, yes, they would. They giggled, chortled, laughed, hollered with glee, chuckled and cheered anytime and everytime Bush was burned in effigy (their only regret was that Effigy was not a town somewhere), pictured with Hitler moustache, and portrayed in every conceivable way as a dunce and and idiot. Hell, they still do!

Well, small things amuse small minds!

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Well, small things amuse small minds!

Yep... the type of people who turn politics into a circus... posting racist pics of the president, images of him with a hitler mustache, etc., are in possession of small minds indeed. On both sides.

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
Just for laughs and giggles.....I would ask you to imagine...if these were posters of Obama, Pelosi, Reid and a few more Democrats with Hitler mustaghes.....or....I masturbate to Hillary....would you find them as funny .

Um, yeah. You wouldn't find it funny?

Oh, the awkwardness of someone not getting the joke.