Gutless Canadian Gov. Officials Turn Blind Eye

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
Canadian Govt Shrugs Off Khadr ‘Confession’

By Jason Ditz
October 25, 2010

Following several years in US custody which included a long history of mistreatment, Canadian citizen and former child soldier Omar Khadr “pled guilty” to US charges of war crimes for throwing a hand grenade.

Of course throwing a hand grenade during combat wouldn’t be a “war crime” in the first place, and Khadr’s young age at the time of the incident affords him additional protection as a child soldier.

But the Canadian government issued a collective yawn today to the report of the clearly coerced confession, insisting it was “between Mr. Khadr and the American government.” Some reports had Khadr pleaing guilty in the hopes of being returned to Canada instead of spending the rest of his life in military prisons.

Which ought to be shocking for Canadians. After all, the Canadian government would generally act as an advocate for its citizens when they get detained by a foreign power, and in this case we are talking about a child soldier in the custody of a foreign military which is known to have been abusing him for years.

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
And in who's country did the "murder" take place? So you think that muslims should just let captain america kill whoever they want ? American wannabees like you{taxslave}make me sick !

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Canadian Govt Shrugs Off Khadr ‘Confession’

By Jason Ditz
October 25, 2010

Following several years in US custody which included a long history of mistreatment, Canadian citizen and former child soldier Omar Khadr “pled guilty” to US charges of war crimes for throwing a hand grenade.

Of course throwing a hand grenade during combat wouldn’t be a “war crime” in the first place, and Khadr’s young age at the time of the incident affords him additional protection as a child soldier.

But the Canadian government issued a collective yawn today to the report of the clearly coerced confession, insisting it was “between Mr. Khadr and the American government.” Some reports had Khadr pleaing guilty in the hopes of being returned to Canada instead of spending the rest of his life in military prisons.

Which ought to be shocking for Canadians. After all, the Canadian government would generally act as an advocate for its citizens when they get detained by a foreign power, and in this case we are talking about a child soldier in the custody of a foreign military which is known to have been abusing him for years.

According to reports he still shows no regret at killing a person - 8th grade education - so has he changed - I do not think so - He will eventually re unite with his family and we all know what they stand for now. He appears to be a confirmed and committed Jihadist -

I hope he changes his life and beliefs and moves on but i have the feeling that we will hear more about him in the future - and no it will not be positive.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
According to reports he still shows no regret at killing a person

Kind of hard to feel regret in something you didn't really do.

- 8th grade education - so has he changed - I do not think so - He will eventually re unite with his family and we all know what they stand for now. He appears to be a confirmed and committed Jihadist -
Kind of hard not to confirm anything when you're mistreated for 8 years, continually told you're guilty before any court appearance was ever made, having one judge tossed and replaced because he didn't go on the witch hunt like everybody else and actually did his job..... then tossed and replaced his lawyers when they did the same..... not to mention being abandoned by your own country's intelligence agency and government who deliberately ignore basic human rights violations and abuse of a Canadian citizen..... then you deal with this mockery of a legal process being delayed and delayed and delayed for who knows how much longer..... with the sign that you'll never get through the legal process and you'll never get out of the prison you're in unless you confess to everything you're being accused of........

..... yeah..... continually dunk an old lady in the lake and they'll eventually confess to being a witch too.

This is why we have human rights, laws and regulations for all of this stuff in the first place...... so that everybody, no matter how much of a chunk of scum you think they are, has a fair trial and the truth is exposed by facts.... thus justice.

But nobody in the US government wanted Justice, they just wanted revenge, so they made up their own legal process and made up their own definitions of those they capture so they're not protected by the rights, laws and rules everybody should be protected by and can perform these show trials that are all designed to find everybody they capture, as guilty.

They knew the current legal systems and war crimes processes everybody in the world uses wouldn't give them what they wanted, so they made their own up...... and our idiot government went along with it and validated this mockery while everybody else in the world knew better.

It's a modern day witch hunt and whether or not he really did toss a grenade and did all the things he's claimed in doing, we'll never truly know now.

Seriously think about it for a couple of seconds....... What other reason did he have to suddenly and without notice, change his position and accept guilt for every single charge against him without anymore challenges?

Not even one charge did he continue to contest.

Now I'm sure a few paragraphs above where I mentioned he was a Canadian Citizen and should have been better protected by our government, made a few people think in their heads "His Citizenship is a convenience on a piece of paper"

Well his confession is just "A Convenience on a Piece of Paper" too.

Anybody can play that card.

I hope he changes his life and beliefs and moves on but i have the feeling that we will hear more about him in the future - and no it will not be positive.
No probably not..... chances are some wing nut in this country or in the US who truly believes he's guilty will try and find him and kill him.

If he ever does become a threat to society, one can only look at what was done to him over the last few years, including while his father was brainwashing him and dragging him around the world to fight his screwed up wars to understand why.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Kind of hard to feel regret in something you didn't really do.

Kind of hard not to confirm anything when you're mistreated for 8 years, continually told you're guilty before any court appearance was ever made, having one judge tossed and replaced because he didn't go on the witch hunt like everybody else and actually did his job..... then tossed and replaced his lawyers when they did the same..... not to mention being abandoned by your own country's intelligence agency and government who deliberately ignore basic human rights violations and abuse of a Canadian citizen..... then you deal with this mockery of a legal process being delayed and delayed and delayed for who knows how much longer..... with the sign that you'll never get through the legal process and you'll never get out of the prison you're in unless you confess to everything you're being accused of........

..... yeah..... continually dunk an old lady in the lake and they'll eventually confess to being a witch too.

This is why we have human rights, laws and regulations for all of this stuff in the first place...... so that everybody, no matter how much of a chunk of scum you think they are, has a fair trial and the truth is exposed by facts.... thus justice.

But nobody in the US government wanted Justice, they just wanted revenge, so they made up their own legal process and made up their own definitions of those they capture so they're not protected by the rights, laws and rules everybody should be protected by and can perform these show trials that are all designed to find everybody they capture, as guilty.

They knew the current legal systems and war crimes processes everybody in the world uses wouldn't give them what they wanted, so they made their own up...... and our idiot government went along with it and validated this mockery while everybody else in the world knew better.

It's a modern day witch hunt and whether or not he really did toss a grenade and did all the things he's claimed in doing, we'll never truly know now.

Seriously think about it for a couple of seconds....... What other reason did he have to suddenly and without notice, change his position and accept guilt for every single charge against him without anymore challenges?

Not even one charge did he continue to contest.

Now I'm sure a few paragraphs above where I mentioned he was a Canadian Citizen and should have been better protected by our government, made a few people think in their heads "His Citizenship is a convenience on a piece of paper"

Well his confession is just "A Convenience on a Piece of Paper" too.

Anybody can play that card.

No probably not..... chances are some wing nut in this country or in the US who truly believes he's guilty will try and find him and kill him.

If he ever does become a threat to society, one can only look at what was done to him over the last few years, including while his father was brainwashing him and dragging him around the world to fight his screwed up wars to understand why.

I agree he has been thru a lot - But I believe he is mentally and emotionally messed up - Both points you made about his father and the US are accurate - But also his family still supports jihad and I think he does as well.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I agree he has been thru a lot - But I believe he is mentally and emotionally messed up - Both points you made about his father and the US are accurate - But also his family still supports jihad and I think he does as well.

Upon his eventual return, there should be a strict no-contact order between him and the rest of his family seeing as they are the one's who introduced him to the whole foreign jihad thing.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Upon his eventual return, there should be a strict no-contact order between him and the rest of his family seeing as they are the one's who introduced him to the whole foreign jihad thing.

Agreed.... if his family is still known to support Al'Q, then they're not the people for him to be around and in fact, since one could consider they're the ones responsible for him being in the mess he's in now (since he was a teen when they thrusted him into this crap), one would consider them more of a risk then Omar.

In fact, due to this conviction and due to his father's actions in the past and due to those in his family known to still support the Al'Q..... you'd think something would fall under the treason section of things and we'd boot them out of the country.

If Omar was 20+ years old when he went over and was captured, I'd probably be wanting to throw the book at him too..... but this situation in unique in that he was still a minor surrounded by loads of propaganda for years.... not just from his father and family, but from the continual propaganda he was surrounded by from US soldiers, the farce court and other prisoners surrounding him.

It is known that he is generally an intelligent person, in the current CBC report they note he reads harry potter books and never started fights or similar while detained with the other prisoners and "In Khadr's favour is that he is socially agile, strong physically and speaks four languages"

He has also been quoted as saying over the years that he wants to go "home" which is a reference to this country...... I'd give him a chance to rehabilitate.

One chance.

Besides, like Spiderman always says:

Everybody Gets One.....

After all, it's not like he's going to be that much of a risk to society considering everybody from coast to coast in both the US and Canada know who he is, what he looks like..... and if he pulled any sort of stunt, I'm sure there's several agencies from both countries keeping an eye on him.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I fail to see the difference between his family training him to go over seas to fight in a war or our country training our kids to go over seas and fight in a war. Does a country ave more legal right to train kids to kill than a family has? Why is he the bad guy and our kids are the good guys? Over there, we are the bad guys. Grab some perspective people. There is no excuse for war. It is insane, stupid and wasteful.

I searched the page thoroughly and even used the "find" function on explorer; but to no avail.... No where on the page does it provide any applications to terrorists.
That is because "terrorist" is subjective. Over there, we are the terrorists.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
15 years old does not a child make

They're not an adult, and in our country an adult is 18/19 years of age (depending on what one's talking about) thus he's a child.

Regardless of when one's considered an adult over in Afghanistan or elsewhere, in both the US (Whom were issuing the charges and the one's holding him) and in Canada, which he's from..... 18 is generally the time when someone is considered an adult....

15 years old isn't even old enough to get a job or a driver's license in either of our countries...... sounds like a child to me.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
They're not an adult, and in our country an adult is 18/19 years of age (depending on what one's talking about) thus he's a child.

Regardless of when one's considered an adult over in Afghanistan or elsewhere, in both the US (Whom were issuing the charges and the one's holding him) and in Canada, which he's from..... 18 is generally the time when someone is considered an adult....

15 years old isn't even old enough to get a job or a driver's license in either of our countries...... sounds like a child to me.

How about we call him a youth... The perpetual references to him as a "child soldier" are done exclusively as an attempt to strengthen a weak position.... Khadr was neither a child nor a soldier.

That is because "terrorist" is subjective. Over there, we are the terrorists.

Even by your definition, Khadr would still be a terrorist in Afghanistan.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
He was a child!
That was true 8 years ago- Now he is what? An adult? A confirmed Jihadist?- 8 years to change? Is he mentally and emotionally stable or not - Who knows
So we will wait and see but as i mentioned earlier his Family are supporters of Jihad - And it appears he still is -