Mel Gibson obviously upset the wrong people

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Just days after Mel Gibson landed a cameo role in the sequel to The Hangover comes news that the embattled actor and filmmaker has been dropped from the anticipated film.

Warner Bros. Pictures and director Todd Phillips announced on Thursday that Gibson's appearance in the ensemble comedy The Hangover Part II has been cancelled.

Gibson had signed on for a cameo as a tattoo artist.

CBC News - Film - Mel Gibson dropped from Hangover sequel

Gibson was once one of the top box office draws around. Now he can't get a bit part.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
I think that Oksana Grigorieva made the ever so common error of biting the hand that feeds her. She should have considered the consequences of airing her dirty laundry. She was headlines for a couple of weeks, and then everyone moves on to the next dumb story. In the meantime, she put an end to the big money that Mel would have continued to bring in for her and their daughter.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I wonder if this problem of Gibson's is in any way related to his success with ": Passion of the Christ"? He was turned down
by all of the big name movie makers so he went ahead and did it himself. The movie grossed close to a billion dollars
world wide.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I think it's more likely due to his alcholism, physical abuse, racism, and general assholishness.

I wouldn't want that arsewipe as a neighbor, I sure wouldn't pay money to go see him.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I think it's more likely due to his alcholism, physical abuse, racism, and general assholishness.

I wouldn't want that arsewipe as a neighbor, I sure wouldn't pay money to go see him.

Gibson has made some good movies. I hope he sobers up and gets over his current problems and makes some more

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC

"I DON'T NEED ANY OF YOUR DAMN CHARITY!!! I DON'T NEED WORK ANYMORE!!!! YOU CAN ALL JUST BACK THE HELL OFF AND LET ME LIVE MY LIFE.... OR ELSE I'LL SEND MY RABID BEAVER AFTER YOU!!!!

GET EM CHOMPER!!!! RRRRAAAAAWWWRRRRR!!!!!!"

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Mel's facial expression pretty much looks like your current avatar.

Well the Road Warrior is Australian and Mel's Australian.... and in a couple of months, I'll be living in Australia and a few years later if they don't kick me out, I'll be Australian too..... which means I'll be permitted to make that facial expression too :p

In fact, both Mel and this Road Warrior were in the same movie.... what a co'inky'dink.

Not too sure about the Beaver though.... I don't remember seeing it in any of the movies.

^ Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go and save the world with my trusty side-kick, Chomper..... SUPER CHRISTIAN AWAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Gibson doesn't have anyone to blame but himself. However, considering what the average celebrity gets away with, I am surprised that this happened to him. I guess it shows how toxic he must be to everyone around him at the moment.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Drinking problem aside, some say what you really think and feel comes out when
you are really drunk. That being the case it shows what he really is. He is a bigot
and he has little or no respect for women. you listen to the tape some time ago
where he was abusive as hell toward his girlfriend. If I were her I would get the
hell out like she did. I hope he never gets another part. People at the moment do
not want to hear from him or see his movies or even TV appearances.
I don't think he is done but it will take a long time before he gets back to the top
and I don't think he has enough time to create that kind of comeback

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
I wonder if Mel Gibson is also suffering from some onset of mental imbalance due to his alcoholism and perhaps other substance abuse related practice.

I am not attempting to make excuses for him - he has enjoyed a wonderful and surprisingly stable life for many years and it seems just in the past few he has lost his sense of propriety and ability to maintain a respectable lifestyle regardless of the fame he has enjoyed. I think DamnGrumpy has hit some truth - Mel's first wife and family enjoyed stability while he was able to play the drama queen but content in his home life that everything "would be in its place" when he returned home to his nest. When his marriage broke up (or when he broke), I think he lost the safe harbor his family had nurtured and he lost his focus on what had been keeping him stable for
years while still allowing the "partial nuttiness" which gives him his great acting ability.

Alcoholics suffer onset dementia, poor judgment, sleep impairment, terrible food intake, not to mention the physical onslaught of what alcohol does to the bodily balance of good health.

I am not making excuses, but perhaps he needs to undergo some lengthy testing within a confined treatment center to determine if he isn't borderline diabetic for one, early dementia or alzheimers, or any other number
of issues which impact a person's life as they age and continue to asault their physical bodies with what they
think of as "self-help"....when actually they have no idea what they are creating.

Gibson has always followed a fairly decent lifestyle and it seems to me something more than alcohol and self medication are the whole reason for his crash. If there is someone out there who still loves him I hope he can be persuaded to commit to some heavy duty mental as well as physical testing. I hate to see that great mind dissolve into rubber room acting out.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I wonder if Mel Gibson is also suffering from some onset of mental imbalance due to his alcoholism and perhaps other substance abuse related practice.

I am not attempting to make excuses for him - he has enjoyed a wonderful and surprisingly stable life for many years and it seems just in the past few he has lost his sense of propriety and ability to maintain a respectable lifestyle regardless of the fame he has enjoyed. I think DamnGrumpy has hit some truth - Mel's first wife and family enjoyed stability while he was able to play the drama queen but content in his home life that everything "would be in its place" when he returned home to his nest. When his marriage broke up (or when he broke), I think he lost the safe harbor his family had nurtured and he lost his focus on what had been keeping him stable for
years while still allowing the "partial nuttiness" which gives him his great acting ability.

Alcoholics suffer onset dementia, poor judgment, sleep impairment, terrible food intake, not to mention the physical onslaught of what alcohol does to the bodily balance of good health.

I am not making excuses, but perhaps he needs to undergo some lengthy testing within a confined treatment center to determine if he isn't borderline diabetic for one, early dementia or alzheimers, or any other number
of issues which impact a person's life as they age and continue to asault their physical bodies with what they
think of as "self-help"....when actually they have no idea what they are creating.

Gibson has always followed a fairly decent lifestyle and it seems to me something more than alcohol and self medication are the whole reason for his crash. If there is someone out there who still loves him I hope he can be persuaded to commit to some heavy duty mental as well as physical testing. I hate to see that great mind dissolve into rubber room acting out.
You make some good points Curio
I've been wondering if Gibson has been labouring on the manic side of some weird bipolar thing for the last couple years. The guy has
had a reasonably successful career. He has made an obscene amount of money but he seems to have run out of friends. I wouldn't have thought Mel Gibson was a bigot, maybe because of his seemingly good relationship with Danny Glover in the Lethal Weapon movies. After listening to his rants I would say he has serious mental problems that will destroy him if he doesn't get help.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Morning Early Bird Juan!!! Gibon appears to be unravelling and because he has such a large personality and talent (whether blessed or damned) - it may be his undoing.

Often creative people (musicians, artists, actors) have a strange brain which enables them to be great artists in their particular fields, however it carries an imbalance as well which we "normal mortals" seem to
be able to avoid for much of our lives.

I would opt for boring and bland than what happens to a great personality who devolves into a drooler drunk who probably needs to wear adult diapers in later years.

Life always has its payoffs and paybacks. Sorry I sound cruel but there is some kind of karmic balance sheet out there - who created it I don't know - everyone has their own belief system but mankind seems to be
one whoop experiment in animal life.

All we can hope for is stability and knowing what expectations will be met eventually. Fortunately for many of us we haven't had to wake up to war in our neighborhoods - we in North America have been blessed.

Meanwhile I enjoy being boring and knowing I can live and relive almost repetitive days until it is my time to leave.

For example: Saturday always holds a special good feeling for me - if that's "normal" I'll take it!!! Have a good one yourself!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

I don't believe because a man has problems, that name calling is in order. Try to see the whole man and read up on the huge ordeal he went through in his early life.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I don't believe because a man has problems, that name calling is in order. Try to see the whole man and read up on the huge ordeal he went through in his early life.

Oh, okay. He's such a nice respectful guy to his family, I'll be sure to be nice to him.

I don't believe his early life is any excuse for the things he says and does, and neither is alcoholism.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Morning Early Bird Juan!!! Gibon appears to be unravelling and because he has such a large personality and talent (whether blessed or damned) - it may be his undoing.

!

Good morning Curio

Just a few years ago Gibson had the approval of enough of his peers to win an Oscar and last week he didn't have enough friends to nail down a bit part.

You're right. The mighty do fall harder than the rank and file I couldn't believe how much Gibson has aged mind you, he also looked hung over. That could be the root of his problems in that he would have a hard time landing a roll as a young hero again. Aging movie stars should stay away from mirrors.....:smile:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Oh, okay. He's such a nice respectful guy to his family, I'll be sure to be nice to him.

I don't believe his early life is any excuse for the things he says and does, and neither is alcoholism.

It still doesn't warrant name calling. Using that criteria, people would be justified in calling you nefarious names. :smile:

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
It still doesn't warrant name calling. Using that criteria, people would be justified in calling you nefarious names. :smile:

Seriously, you've appointed yourself as the respect cop on here? I hope you're going to start policing the political threads.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Seriously, you've appointed yourself as the respect cop on here? I hope you're going to start policing the political threads.

You should give it up. You lose a little more credibility with each bone headed statement. :smile: I equate political threads the same way I do the funny papers. :smile:

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
Was it the Jews he offended?

That would explain why his acting career is suffering.