Fetch, Daisy! The udderly crazy calf

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Henry may be a bull, but he actually thinks he's a dog.

The Aberdeen Angus-Belgium Blue cross was taken in by farmer Ben Bowerman when he was born and grew up with border collies Algy and Arthur on Ben's farm near Swanage, Dorset.

Now, despite being weaned and put out with the herd, Henry prefers playing with his canine pals he thinks of as his siblings.

He sleeps in a stable next to the house and each morning sticks his head through the kitchen window to steal toast from the toaster.

He even wears a pink collar and tries to bark like a dog.

Fetch Daisy! The udderly crazy calf

Barking ... Henry even tries to woof like a dog BPNS.co.uk

Confused ... Henry would rather play with the dogs BNPS.co.uk

By STAFF REPORTER
Published: 15 Oct 2010
The Sun

THIS calf is barking mad - it thinks it's a dog.

Henry the young bull is more canine than bovine and even tries to woof like his furry friends.

The muddled four-month-old calf was taken in by farmer Ben Bowerman just after he was born and grew up with border collies Algy and Arthur.

Henry has now been weaned and put out with the herd, but prefers playing with the pet dogs he has been brought up with.

He sleeps in a stable next to the house and each morning sticks his head through the kitchen window to steal toast from the toaster.

Henry, who wears a pink collar, has developed a noise Ben's two kids - George, 11, and Isabel, nine - describe as a choo-moo - as if he is trying to bark like the dogs.

Muddled ... Henry was taken in by farmer Ben
BNPS.co.uk

He was taken in by Ben and his wife Catherine, 42, at their 450-acre farm, near Swanage, Dorset, in May because his mum couldn't feed him.

Now he has become part of the family and is set to spend the rest of his days playing on the farm thinking he is a dog, not an Aberdeen Angus-Belgium Blue cross.

He has also become an internet hit with his antics being watched by thousands in videos posted online.

Ben, 45, said: "He really thinks he's a dog because he grew up playing with our two. He loves chasing them and playing games.

"His favourite thing is to come up behind me and when I'm not aware, put his head under my backside and lift me off my feet.

"Then he'll kneel down on the ground, putting his head on the ground so you can give it a good scratch.

"The children love Henry and we can't sell him now so it looks like we are going to have him for the next ten or 15 years."

thesun.co.uk