Should Canada Send Her Athletes to the Commonwealth Games?

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Canadians report Delhi athletes village progress

From the article; quote:
"The first wave of Canadian athletes was originally scheduled to arrive in the Indian capital on Friday, but their trips were pushed back because of concerns with the condition of the unfinished athletes village, including problems with hygiene, plumbing and electricity."

With the concerns over the athletes' village, uncompleted venues, the collapse of the pedestrian bridge being built for the games, the partial collapse of the roof at the weightlifting venue, and security, should Canadian athletes compete?

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Didn't Canadians say that they want to stay in a hotel? That solves one of the problem, but not all.

No ... not under the current circumstances. They'll probably return with dengue fever.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I guess if a person wants to compete bad enough he/she would probably just take their own tent, sleeping bag and some water. "Where there's a will there's a way". :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Canadians report Delhi athletes village progress

From the article; quote:
"The first wave of Canadian athletes was originally scheduled to arrive in the Indian capital on Friday, but their trips were pushed back because of concerns with the condition of the unfinished athletes village, including problems with hygiene, plumbing and electricity."

With the concerns over the athletes' village, uncompleted venues, the collapse of the pedestrian bridge being built for the games, the partial collapse of the roof at the weightlifting venue, and security, should Canadian athletes compete?

Had it been strictly privately funded, it would have been none of our business. Seeing that it is tax-funded, at least in part, I think it insane that we would be spending tax money to have people run around a track in circles when there are people starving in our world. It would have made much more sense for the government to direct that funding towards the debt so as to alleviate the burden on the people in future.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
No the facilities are not done because of corruption, and if this is corrupt we don't know how well the security issues are being enforced. It is said India is a third world
country, and we should make excuses for them, China did a pretty good job and as
I hear it India wanted to prove they were just as able and they are not.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Didn't Canadians say that they want to stay in a hotel? That solves one of the problem, but not all.

No ... not under the current circumstances. They'll probably return with dengue fever.
Let them bring home dengue fever. Perhaps that would thin out the population, thus making room for more immigrants.

Skatchie

Time Out
Sep 24, 2010
Assiniboia
Let them bring home dengue fever. Perhaps that would thin out the population, thus making room for more immigrants.

They could save money and kill two birds with one stone, and load up a boat with our athletes and whatever militant hard line nimrods they can find in Asia for the ride home too. that way we not only get more immigrants but we get more violent murdering drug running immigrants. All in the name of athletics. Then the government can blame it on them and cut the funding and give even more to Quebec instead. It comes full circle.

Skatchie

Time Out
Sep 24, 2010
Assiniboia
Because her national animal is the beaver?

Beavers are very masculine animals. They are doers. They are architects. They also appeal to males more than to females, in the literal and metaphoric sense. I just think it's bad English. Canada should be in the "it" category. If this was in reverse the feminazis would be all over this crap.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island

athletes villages were constructed for the safety of the athletes, they don't want them scattered
around, in hotels, it's too risky.

Omicron

Privy Council
Jul 28, 2010
Vancouver
Send sniffer-dogs through, trained to detect human feces, the associated e-choli, and bengi virus.

If anything's wrong that way, we give India the finger.

If it passes the dog-sniff test, then we send forth a represented capable of being the kind of knotheaded a-hole talker that Indians can be (we've got enough of them here to find one) to tell them in their terms how things are going to be, starting with we move in our own cleaning crew and sanitize the place and from that point forward only Canadians enter that zone.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
They could save money and kill two birds with one stone, and load up a boat with our athletes and whatever militant hard line nimrods they can find in Asia for the ride home too. that way we not only get more immigrants but we get more violent murdering drug running immigrants. All in the name of athletics. Then the government can blame it on them and cut the funding and give even more to Quebec instead. It comes full circle.
I am glad you picked up on the spirit of the game.

Omicron

Privy Council
Jul 28, 2010
Vancouver
Every time in Canada an Uncle rigs it so his dumb nephew gets hires, his dumb nephew first everyone smarter.

http://tunes.digitalock.com/reolittlequeenie.mp3 <-- play the feeling

I'm going to build a spaceship to take the good people away, so only idiots are left behind....

I don't get it. I can make all of you more rich than those gangsters say they will leave behind.

Am I the only one to have read the Canadian immigrant book published in the year 1900?

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island

Omicron

Privy Council
Jul 28, 2010
Vancouver
Geezuz Krist...

My brain is twisting in a trillion ways how the head of the Queen is spinning over this one.

http://tunes.digitalock.com/sahbfaithhealer.mp3 <-- sound track to this thought.

As if Canada didn't have the facilities to announce a last-minute relocation of the games to its own territory.

Canada's leadership has dropped itself down to a level barely able to jerk itself off to ancient reports about communist black-labels in Hollywood.

Last edited:

Skatchie

Time Out
Sep 24, 2010
Assiniboia
I am glad you picked up on the spirit of the game.

It's all about context. If the Brits think we're a woman should we really put stock in that? I mean, a group of people that are neither masculine or feminine, actually I prefer thinking about them as asexual goblins, having the nerve to consider us as women. brutal.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
It's all about context. If the Brits think we're a woman should we really put stock in that? I mean, a group of people that are neither masculine or feminine, actually I prefer thinking about them as asexual goblins, having the nerve to consider us as women. brutal.

Point of order, forum moderators!

Fifty-one percent (Statistics Canada, 2006 census) of the Canadian population is female. I am going with the majority. Besides, women, in my humble opinion, are the fairer sex!

And, may i quote "O Canada"?
Quote:
"In all thy sons command"
"Thy" implies either male or female. I chose female because, as you know, "Who's your daddy?" is both moot and mute!

Now, back to the topic!

Commonwealth Games conditions improve

Skatchie

Time Out
Sep 24, 2010
Assiniboia
Point of order, forum moderators!

Fifty-one percent (Statistics Canada, 2006 census) of the Canadian population is female. I am going with the majority. Besides, women, in my humble opinion, are the fairer sex!

And, may i quote "O Canada"?
Quote:
"In all thy sons command"
"Thy" implies either male or female. I chose female because, as you know, "Who's your daddy?" is both moot and mute!

Now, back to the topic!

Commonwealth Games conditions improve

I think they may be fairer looking but fairer, in the just sense, no, they are not. I hate majorities.