Breast-Feeding Doll Too Real for Comfort

critter171

Hey all from the USA
Feb 24, 2010
Usa, New hampshire
American girls own dolls that pee, dolls that suck on a bottle, dolls that burp or sit on a potty -- and all are accepted as appropriate by most adults. But a new doll that breast-feeds has pitted expert against expert and mom against mom over whether this toy has gone too far. None can seem to agree if the Spanish-made Bebe Gloton doll is natural, useful or disgusting. The doll is currently sold only in Spain, though Berjuan, the company that makes the toy, said that it will be marketed in... Full Story

Breast-Feeding Doll Too Real for Comfort? - ABC News

Now i like seeing how many adults believe this is going to get young girls pregnant is this all the adults think is nipples are sex and only sex that will lead to having babies?

i am sorry but a six year old shouldn't know what sex is at the time.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
American girls own dolls that pee, dolls that suck on a bottle, dolls that burp or sit on a potty -- and all are accepted as appropriate by most adults. But a new doll that breast-feeds has pitted expert against expert and mom against mom over whether this toy has gone too far. None can seem to agree if the Spanish-made Bebe Gloton doll is natural, useful or disgusting. The doll is currently sold only in Spain, though Berjuan, the company that makes the toy, said that it will be marketed in... Full Story

Breast-Feeding Doll Too Real for Comfort? - ABC News

Now i like seeing how many adults believe this is going to get young girls pregnant is this all the adults think is nipples are sex and only sex that will lead to having babies?

i am sorry but a six year old shouldn't know what sex is at the time.

What does breast feeding have to do with sex and at what age do you think one should start discussing "the facts of life" with a child?

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
So the doll has a slurping sound track that's activated by a couple of flowers. That's weird. I don't think it will take long for the children to learn that they can put the flowers on the floor, along with the doll, and the slurping will start. How much of a connection will be made between nursing a baby and the toy? Not much ... I think, but children may make the connection that babies are fine if left in the flowers.

critter171

Hey all from the USA
Feb 24, 2010
Usa, New hampshire
So the doll has a slurping sound track that's activated by a couple of flowers. That's weird. I don't think it will take long for the children to learn that they can put the flowers on the floor, along with the doll, and the slurping will start. How much of a connection will be made between nursing a baby and the toy? Not much ... I think, but children may make the connection that babies are fine if left in the flowers.

The parents are worried that this doll is going to get six years old into having sex :roll: as for your question on the other one. the age matter i believe the best time to talk to kids about sex would be 10-13 age.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
10-13 years of age? Frig, by that point my kids will have walked in on sex, seen sex on tv, and had kids at school talk to them about sex because they heard all manner of wrong info from their older brothers and sisters... 10-13 is too young to start the dialogue. The key is to keep it age appropriate and keep it a regular, open topic.

As for this doll... most little girls I know nurse their dolls anyway because their moms are nursing their siblings. What's the issue? If it was designed to actually suck on their nipples I'd think it was ridiculous, but, I see no issue with the way they designed it.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
The parents are worried that this doll is going to get six years old into having sex :roll: as for your question on the other one. the age matter i believe the best time to talk to kids about sex would be 10-13 age.

10 -13???? A lot of kids are already "experimenting" by 10 and some are even having sex by 13. That would be WAY to old to "start". We "started" when ours were between 4 and 5 years of age with "Where did we come from". Out of 7 kids, not a single teen pregnancy.

critter171

Hey all from the USA
Feb 24, 2010
Usa, New hampshire
10-13 years of age? Frig, by that point my kids will have walked in on sex, seen sex on tv, and had kids at school talk to them about sex because they heard all manner of wrong info from their older brothers and sisters... 10-13 is too young to start the dialogue. The key is to keep it age appropriate and keep it a regular, open topic.

As for this doll... most little girls I know nurse their dolls anyway because their moms are nursing their siblings. What's the issue? If it was designed to actually suck on their nipples I'd think it was ridiculous, but, I see no issue with the way they designed it.

oh give me a break.... so i answer now you cirixezxing me... god...
Removed the Swearing & Personal Attack.

Last edited by a moderator:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
oh give me a break.... so i answer now you cirixezxing me...

Holy Crap. Even when people talk nice to you, you sh*t all over them. Come on Karrie, does this little guy really deserve what you are asking of me?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Holy Crap. Even when people talk nice to you, you sh*t all over them. Come on Karrie, does this little guy really deserve what you are asking of me?

:) Yep. Sorry.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I was already no longer a virgin a year or two before I was a Teenager.
By 10yrs old, the girls I knew where not playing with dolls, as they
seemed to mature faster than us boys did.

critter171

Hey all from the USA
Feb 24, 2010
Usa, New hampshire
I was already no longer a virgin a year or two before I was a Teenager.
By 10yrs old, the girls I knew where not playing with dolls, as they
seemed to mature faster than us boys did.

so cause girls mature faster than guys that means they think about sex wit dolls? 8O it ussually the opppsite

nice you wouldn't insulting me on my age opinion. no one had to agree but the opinion of yours was not needed. Cross the line with me.

10-13 years of age? Frig, by that point my kids will have walked in on sex,
simple soultion lock the door. Let me say something now. I went to far myself and the insults i said and swereing was out of line but i don't like when someone ask me a question than criticizes me when you ask it. You don't need to like my opioion but at least you should respect it. Now just cause kids can walk on sex does not mean they know what it is.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
so cause girls mature faster than guys that means they think about sex wit dolls? 8O it ussually the opppsite

nice you wouldn't insulting me on my age opinion. no one had to agree but the opinion of yours was not needed. Cross the line with me.

simple soultion lock the door. Let me say something now. I went to far myself and the insults i said and swereing was out of line but i don't like when someone ask me a question than criticizes me when you ask it. You don't need to like my opioion but at least you should respect it. Now just cause kids can walk on sex does not mean they know what it is.

So, what it comes down to is, if someone disagrees with an opinion you have, or if someones opinion or experience is the opposite of yours they are to STFU and not post it against your post or you will have a temper tantrum. Got it.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss

I didn't ask you a question. Don't worry, I'm done talking to you.

critter171

Hey all from the USA
Feb 24, 2010
Usa, New hampshire
I didn't ask you a question. Don't worry, I'm done talking to you.

you still criticizes me which is wrong. but no mod can do no wrong :roll: You didn't have to agree with the answer the criticizes was way out of line but fine if your going to be stubborn be that way. i rather not get along with people who try to be selfish

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
No, I never criticized you, I gave an opinion on a discussion. Get used to it, it's a discussion forum. I make no apologies for your failure to grasp that.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
*twirls finger in air* Whoopty Friggity Doo

So it's supposed to simulate breast feeding and they have a problem with that?

Next they'll start to investigate those bottles and their nipple-like ends put in their mouths that produces the sucking sound...... hmmm..... those things seem awfully suspicious....... they kind of look like nipples.

Oh wait a minute..... THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO!!!!!

Fk'n idiot parents....... bitching over this???

Go back to school, get your grade 10 and gain a friggin education will you?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
From what I can tell the people who have problems with the idea of babies being fed naturally by their mothers (or with kids emulating that simple parenting behaviour), have an unhealthy view of sex. They can't separate the function of a nipple with its occasional usage for sex. It seems to me these would be the same people who would freak out if you took a nap in their bed because the odd round of sex they had in it means it's not for sleeping anymore.