Man suffers shocking injures after being stung 1200 times by angry swarm of bees

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Lamar LaCaze, pictured in his hospital bed with son Trey by his side, had more than 1200 stingers removed from his body.

Man suffers shocking injures after being stung 1200 times by angry swarm of bees | News.com.au

AN AMERICAN stung 1200 times by a swarm of bees as he mowed his lawn has amazed doctors and family with his survival.

Lamar LaCaze, 65, was riding his tractor when he was suddenly set upon by the bees near his home in San Marcos, 270 kilometres, west of Houston, Texas, last month.

"The bees ... just flashed up in my face," he told the San Marcos Daily Record. "I couldn't stand up. They just keep [sic] buzzing me."

Mr LaCaze got off his tractor and tried to call his wife, but was unable to reach her.

He was not rescued until his son, Trey, arrived home and, having found his father slumped over a fence, called emergency services.

"He was not moving. When I went to pull him out he looked up. His head was black, solid bees. It looked like a bee hive on his head," Trey LaCaze said.

Doctors pulled more than 1200 stingers out of Mr LacCaze's body, and also pulled whole bees from his ears, nose, mouth and throat.

His family members believe that the bees were living in an old water heater near where Mr LaCaze was mowing, which had been disturbed.

His face was covered in black, bloody spots and his eyes darkened in the wake of the terrifying attack.

His body is still bruised and battered more than two weeks after the incident, which occurred on August 31.

His wife Lois said: "Anyone who can survive that many bee stings is Superman."

She said doctors had rushed to her husband's bedside when he was brought in to hospital, and that everyone was amazed at his recovery.

"We're just pleased he's with us - just happy he's alive," she said.

And I thought my three hornet stings to the left testicle was bad.... I stand corrected.

That certainly was pretty aggressive for bees to do that.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Prax - I can't believe no one's asked you this yet.... How the hell did anything that stings get near your testicle - let alone 3 of them !?!!!

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Prax - I can't believe no one's asked you this yet.... How the hell did anything that stings get near your testicle - let alone 3 of them !?!!!

When my little guy stepped in a ground wasp nest, they got inside his clothes. We stopped counting at 30 stingers with him. If he'd been wearing boxers I bet he'd have been stung up there too.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007

He could have gotten them while jumping in a pile of leaves when he was a kid. I got stung a couple of times(once in the arm, and once in the leg) when I had done that. I couldn't believe how loud the buzzing was! I think that was the day I ran faster than I ever have before(or since).

Being a fellow guy, reading your quote all I can say is "ouch!".8O

As far as the OT is concerned, perhaps they were the Killer Bee sub-species of bee. I have read that they are far more aggressive than the normal variety of bee that one will usually come in contact with. I can't imagine how much pain that guy would be in. Hopefully there won't be any permanent damage done to him.:(

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Hey Zan, don't you think you're getting a little personal there? :lol::lol::lol:

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
When my little guy stepped in a ground wasp nest, they got inside his clothes. We stopped counting at 30 stingers with him. If he'd been wearing boxers I bet he'd have been stung up there too.

When I was about 9 years old, my brother and some cousins and I were in the woods, at one of the camps we were building. I was wearing shorts, and stepped on an old log. Immediately I was swarmed by hornets. I ran home as fast as I could, but they were stinging me continually. When I got into the yard I pulled my shorts off and was hosed off. So many stings...every once in a while my cousins will bring it up.

My brother has been stung far more times than I have. They seemed to generally detest him. I've seen plenty of bees, hornets, wasps, all of them will sting him without provocation, even bumble bees. I think maybe his body produces a slightly conjugated hormone or something compared to the majority of the population. He's like a magnet for them.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007

I thought I explained this before in another thread, lol.

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/members-lounge/72076-yeah-i-think-i-have.html

"Yeah, as the story goes for me, it was summertime, and I was killing time out in the woods with some friends from the neighborhood, like most do. Back then we were knocking down old rotten trees, as Dinosaurs was on TV back then and seemed like a good thing to kill time.

Eventually either I or someone else stepped on or knocked over a nest and we were immediatly surrounded by hornets. We took off a good distance away, but must have destroyed their nest good, because they kept following us. We got stung plenty of times.. the side, hand, cheek, arms, a couple on the ankles, etc.

We got away and they started to reduce in numbers, and while we continued to get stung by the select few lingering around we all kinda double checked to see if we were all right and then something hit me.....

..... literally. I realized that I was wearing my jogging pants which had a hole in the crotch. One got through and either stayed there or also got further in and past my underwear, picked a nice spot where it was warm and started stabbing the living B-Jebus out of my testicle.

Sorry, but I'd much rather get kicked in the nards then to experience that again. I screamed like a little choir boy, grabbed my crotch in an instinctive reaction to crush whatever was causing such pain and hobbled back home crying and screaming the whole way.

before I got back to my house, I got jabbed a few more times, each time worse then the last, because it occured again... and for some reason no matter how many times, and where I crushed my hand around my crotch, I didn't seem to kill it. My friend's older sister was running down the street after she heard this death screaming and went to see what was going on, only to see me come hobbling up the hill with my hands on my nads, screaming bloody murder.... and I kept running past her, and she just sorta looked stunned as to wtf was going on here?

I got into the door, ripped my pants off (Since I was too moddest to do that down the street regardless of my suffering) and quickly blurbbed out the situation and mom and dad rushed me to the bathroom where the medical supplies were.

Later on after I was in a coma from the experience and sleeping away in bed, my sister went to take my clothes out of the bathroom and of course, the hornet flew out of my pants as she picked it up, flew out the window and gone..... not a scratch on him....

Fk'er!"

(Edited - The quote cut off a bunch for some reason.)

Last edited:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
..... literally. I realized that I was wearing my jogging pants which had a hole in the crotch. One got through and either stayed there or also got further in and past my underwear, picked a nice spot where it was warm and started stabbing the living B-Jebus out of my testicle.

That'll teach you to wear crotchless jogging pants!

In all seriousness, I'm glad to hear that you didn't suffer any permanent injury.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Jezeus!! 8O What an awful experience!! I must have missed that story the first time you posted it.

Yeah I wouldn't wish it on anybody.... except my worst enemy perhaps (what can I say, I'm evil)

Good thing I wasn't allergic, otherwise I'd probably be suffering from elephantiasis by now, walking around with my testicles in a wheel barrel like on South Park.