• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
The Edmonton Eskimos are beyond desperation when they consider hiring this man

Esks testing Tillman waters?

The Edmonton Eskimos want you to come to grips with the idea of Eric Tillman.

Given all the rumblings on the football front Sunday, that's the only thing that makes sense. That's why the word is suddenly on the street that the Eskimos are willing to hire Tillman as their new general manager, but only in a week, maybe two.
Sounds to me like their decision-makers on the board of directors want to test the waters before they reel in somebody as controversial and radioactive as Tillman. One or two weeks? The team's four-person search committee has already interviewed him in person in Edmonton. They have seen his work in B.C., Toronto, Ottawa and Saskatchewan for years. They don't need a week or two weeks to decide.
But you do.

And, quite frankly, if the Eskimos fan base hates the idea of hiring the former Saskatchewan GM -- who pleaded guilty less than a year ago to the sexual assault of his children's babysitter and was given an absolute discharge -- I don't think the board will take a chance on him as the architect of their rebuild.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
It's a tough call. He's good at being a GM, which is what the team needs.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
It's a tough call. He's good at being a GM, which is what the team needs.
Not a tough call at all - Sports team needs help or he does. Has he paid his price to society for wht he did - Or are we just interested in how well the team does that it is not relevant who is the GM?

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
news for you guys, they're announcing tomorrow morning 10:30am mt that they're hiring Tillman.

it's all over the internet. so the poll is kinda pointless now.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
news for you guys, they're announcing tomorrow morning 10:30am mt that they're hiring Tillman.

it's all over the internet. so the poll is kinda pointless now.
So tell me what you would do it that was your 16 year old daughter he assaulted - Would you still hire him to work for you.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
but that's not the situation here.. so what I say is irrelevant.
It is the situation and you do not have the balls or the gumption to find moral ground - if it was you daughter - How would you react - Crime affect us all -
So do not play freaking mind games with me - i have no time for those and Grey ground on something he did as serious as this and only found guilty 8 months ago.

Grab your self a set of balls and answer up or bugger off.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I think he paid a helluva price. Plus, I feel people are better than the worst thing they've ever done.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I don't pretend to know more about Tillman's story than I do, but I think
there's more to that story than public knowledge via the media states.

The Young Woman....& her Parents, didn't want to press charges, but
the Police did. The day this happened, Tillman had been sent home from
the stadium as his back was messed up, and he was on so much pain
medication, that he couldn't function in his role as a GM. I'm not making
any excuses for anyone, as I sure as Hell don't know all the details as to
what actually happened that day....but it's a weird one.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/...ith+sexual+assault+sources/2403829/story.html

Last edited:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
It is the situation and you do not have the balls or the gumption to find moral ground - if it was you daughter - How would you react - Crime affect us all -
So do not play freaking mind games with me - i have no time for those and Grey ground on something he did as serious as this and only found guilty 8 months ago.

Grab your self a set of balls and answer up or bugger off.

Try to keep the personal attacks to a minimum, please and thank you.

As far as this particular case is concerned, from what I read there were many different factors going on. I honestly don't think that he is as evil as some people have said, and that the medication played a large part in the whole mess. The parents did not want to press charges, which in of itself is a telling factor in this.

As far as what I would do if it was my kid? How can anyone honestly say how they would react unless it actually did happen to them? You can say "Oh, I would do this!" or "Oh! I would do that!", but until it actually happens, we are all just speculating on what we would do.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
As a long time Eskie fan, I don't really like it, and not just because of the issues around his sexual assault case. Why do the only successful teams need to be built around Wally Boner or Eric Tillman? There are other people who are winners, who know the game and who know how to assess talent. I think the biggest problem with the flagship franchise of the CFL right now is Rick Lelacher and his posse of clowns... purge them, and replace them with competent individuals instead of pseudo-political hacks, and we should be on the right track.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
he's obviously the best coach available, and it seems that is all the eskimos care about, and
they are willing to live with the aftermath of the hiring, as there will be many who hate the
idea, but the fans probably are so sick of the team losing, they don't care any more.

I don't like the idea, and I'm glad he isn't coming to the lions. I know he pled guilty to sexual
assault on the teen age babysitter, with some flimsy excuse of pills he was taking.

I'm not certain, so correct me if i'm wrong, but he didn't literally sexually assault her, eg. rape,
or any intercourse, but some touching or grabbing, so not sure where the line is drawn between actual
sexual assault and what he did. I would need more details about the incident than I know right now
before I can give a truthful answer.

Exactly what did he do to the young girl.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
From the LINK in Post #9:

Crown prosecutor Bill Burge said the assault occurred when Tillman pulled
"the rear end of the complainant into himself" by putting his fingers in the belt
loops on her hips.

"While in that position, there was physical contact that was clearly of a sexual
nature," Burge said. "This occurred without the consent of the complainant, and
she told the accused 'no.' "

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
From the LINK in Post #9:

Crown prosecutor Bill Burge said the assault occurred when Tillman pulled
"the rear end of the complainant into himself" by putting his fingers in the belt
loops on her hips.

"While in that position, there was physical contact that was clearly of a sexual
nature," Burge said. "This occurred without the consent of the complainant, and
she told the accused 'no.' "

pretty sickening, edmonton will have some explaining to do, but unfortunately these things seem
to wear off, and it will, especially if the team 'wins'.

I voted 'not' to hire him, and i'm sticking with it.