LSD-laced gummi bears found in Cranbrook

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
LSD-laced gummi bears found in Cranbrook

The RCMP in Cranbrook is alerting people about what they believe is a new method of disguising and trafficking drugs. While searching a local residence earlier this year, police located a bag of candy that seemed out of the ordinary and suspicious.

They decided to investigate further and sent the gummi bears to the drug lab for analysis. When they received the results, if confirmed their suspicion. The lab results showed the gummi bears were laced with the drug LSD, also known as Acid.

Corporal Chris Faulkner with the Cranbrook detachment says police do not want to create a panic, but want parents to be aware of these candy possibly being circulated in the Cranbrook area. "The concern from a safety point of view is if a child finds them," Faulkner explains.
Yikes. That would be a nightmare if it was Halloween gummi bears...

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
'... police located a bag of candy that seemed out of the ordinary and suspicious..'

I'd like to know exactly how they came to the determination that it looked suspicious, lol

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
'... police located a bag of candy that seemed out of the ordinary and suspicious..'

I'd like to know exactly how they came to the determination that it looked suspicious, lol

Couple of cops sitting in the corner, saying; "listen to the colours" might have had something to do with it.8O

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006

If the bag was unmarked, but sealed...

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
A Guy I work with packs Gummi-Bears with him (in sandwich bags)
to the Gym four days a week to eat post-work-out. Coincidence?

Hmmmm....suspicious and out'a the ordinary both!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Just one more good reason to reinstate the death penalty, then maybe these bastards will start to get the picture. Just a miracle some child hasn't been seriously harmed. 8O8O

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007

The gummi bears could have been located in the area where all the other drugs were, or perhaps they had received a tip and did not want the suspects to know that someone made mention of laced gummies.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Probably foreign material (like white powder) in the bag. Not exactly rocket science :lol::lol::lol:

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Just one more good reason to reinstate the death penalty, then maybe these bastards will start to get the picture. Just a miracle some child hasn't been seriously harmed. 8O8O

Yeah, death penalty for simple drug possession is the way to go. We would be on the same moral ground as most of the middle east then.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Yeah, death penalty for simple drug possession is the way to go. We would be on the same moral ground as most of the middle east then.

(The watered down version) Could you please point out to me where I stated that simple drug possession warrants the death penalty????????????

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
(The watered down version) Could you please point out to me where I stated that simple drug possession warrants the death penalty????????????

"Just one more good reason to reinstate the death penalty, then maybe these bastards will start to get the picture."

The cops found lcd laced gummi bears, no trafficking has been proved nor have any children ingested these from what I read.

The cops are fear mongering.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
"Just one more good reason to reinstate the death penalty, then maybe these bastards will start to get the picture."

The cops found lcd laced gummi bears, no trafficking has been proved nor have any children ingested these from what I read.

The cops are fear mongering.
Well, the media sure is. How do you lace gummy bears? Wouldn't you have to do that at the factory? Or will the liquid form just absorb into the gel? Would be much nicer than ingesting blotter paper.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Well, the media sure is. How do you lace gummy bears? Wouldn't you have to do that at the factory? Or will the liquid form just absorb into the gel? Would be much nicer than ingesting blotter paper.

My sister-in-law used to have gummy bear molds. These may have been home made. I think it's ridiculous that the media jumps on stuff like this as if it were made to give directly to kids, rather than to humour people who are bored with, or don't like the taste of, their drugs. lol