(Heart) Breaking News Out of Afghanistan

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Well, I guess that kind of squelches the rumour that the Tallyban no longer exist. :lol::lol:
The Taliban has been pushing hard not concerned about causalities on their part or civilians - They know the war is unpopular in many countries - So like the VC and the Tet offensive - they will keep on pushing.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
yes it is heartbreaking, many families not having a happy day, and tomorrow and the next day,
it's very hard to relate to that level of sadness.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
All this heart break so as Afghani women can strut around flashing thier ankles and teeth like thier American counterparts.

...and at this moment 8:10pm, we have Mr Hanky speaking live from the Oval Office promising more death and destruction for all sides.:roll:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
All this heart break so as Afghani women can strut around flashing thier ankles and teeth like thier American counterparts.

...and at this moment 8:10pm, we have Mr Hanky speaking live from the Oval Office promising more death and destruction for all sides.:roll:

You know darn well it goes beyond your oversimplification JBeee.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

A life filled with hate - You must have a miserable existence - along with those that have to endure that from you.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Yes, of course, lest we forget the rights and freedoms/way of life we cherish so much in the West.

Yes. I would fight if needed to, to guarantee the rights that I enjoy here. I don't shrug off the protections I'm afforded here, or the trivial rights such as a vote, the ability to attend school, work to support my family if need be, leave my husband if need be... the list goes on.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Yes, of course, lest we forget the rights and freedoms/way of life we cherish so much in the West.
You could always move and enjoy the benefits of a Theocracy, or a Family Run Country - As Many Arab countries are turning out to be - The family hand overs are beginning in North Africa -

Why with your hate and zeal you would make a perfect suicide bomber.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
No offense Karrie but I believe a battle field is the LAST place on earth a women should be...unless there to accommodate men doing the fighting.

Yes. I would fight if needed to, to guarantee the rights that I enjoy here. I don't shrug off the protections I'm afforded here, or the trivial rights such as a vote, the ability to attend school, work to support my family if need be, leave my husband if need be... the list goes on.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Those rights and freedom of which you care little protect you and provide you the right to speak your mind. No matter how odious it is. So do not slap the hand that protects you.

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
I won't argue the conflict in Afghanistan. The only words I can think of now is May They Rest in Peace and my heart goes out to the families.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Allah Calls One Home

So sad. :-(

Well, he did give his life for his countrymen (and women) and I`m sure will be remembered as a hero.
How will you be remembered.

Last edited by a moderator: