if it never existed, how can it be over?

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
WHO downgrades H1N1, declares flu pandemic over

By: chillyphantom
Tags: CURRENT EVENTS
The H1N1 flu virus has run its course and the pandemic is over, the head of the World Health Organization said on Tuesday.
"We are now moving into the post-pandemic period," WHO Director-General Margaret Chan told a teleconference, saying the H1N1 virus "has largely run its course."
===
What pandemic? Is this some sort of sick joke?

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Michael Crichton, in State of Fear, had it right - it's just another way to control you.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The job is done. A few chemical companies made a bundle off the taxpayer by selling us a useless treatment for a none existent problem. Glad I never got one.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
I find it hilarious. I mean do any of you even have close to a clue with what is involved with public health management? I mean if it were up to Stretch, we'd all be exposed to Mumps, Measles, Rubella, Polio, Pertusis, Tuberculosis, Influenza, etc. etc. It would be a common occurrence for people to die from these diseases again.

Seriously, do you really think it's wise to do nothing? How do you know when a disease is emerging if it will kill 100, 1000, 1000000, 10000000, or more? You can't know that in time to have a treatment available...

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Disease is one of nature's way of keeping balance. We have short circuited the process with chemicals and now we are having a population explosion that the Earth will not be able to sustain much longer. Something will happen to bring things back in balance and it will not be pretty. Sooner or later there will be a massive die off that will make the plague look like a tea party.