Is this what Harper's been dancing around??

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Although it's been right here for all to see, all the blah blah about the census, may be a distraction to take the attention from stuff like this:

Canada-to-Texas Pipeline Will Cut 283 Miles Through Eastern Montana

What irritates me is there is no value added. We export the oil via pipeline to Texas where it is refined.................we lose the refinery jobs. Do we even get Canadians to work building the line??

Maybe I'm wrong. Anyone got any comments or ideas on this??

Where's Kakato when ya needs 'im eh. ??

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I recently discussed the discrepancy between Canadian and American gas prices with an American friend of mine, that is an on again off again member here.

He explained to me that besides the obvious difference in the dollar, there is the interstate pipeline...

Something to think about Nugg.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
I recently discussed the discrepancy between Canadian and American gas prices with an American friend of mine, that is an on again off again member here.

He explained to me that besides the obvious difference in the dollar, there is the interstate pipeline...

Something to think about Nugg.

Thanks Bear;

All those little blue lines are pipelines?? Sorry, but I don't know crap about this or any other pipeline. Just happened to run across an article examining the whys and wherefores of the Canada-Texas thing.

A lot of Americans don't want it as it runs through some pretty pristine wilderness AND valuable farm land. Naturally, they've been told there's "very little" chance of a leak.

Unlike us, they don't seem as ready to swallow bullsh!t. Or, maybe they've swallowed too much already and no longer like the taste.

Must be an ol' pipeliner somewhere on CC who can wade in. Or a new pipeliner, even.8O

Most of ours just run SOUTH, right?? If so that doesn't say much for our intelligence.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Thanks Bear;

All those little blue lines are pipelines??
Yes sir.

Sorry, but I don't know crap about this or any other pipeline. Just happened to run across an article examining the whys and wherefores of the Canada-Texas thing.
To be honest, I didn't either until ITN filled me in how they work and the fact that they existed in the first place

A lot of Americans don't want it as it runs through some pretty pristine wilderness AND valuable farm land. Naturally, they've been told there's "very little" chance of a leak.
The makes of Olestra said the same thing.

Unlike us, they don't seem as ready to swallow bullsh!t. Or, maybe they've swallowed too much already and no longer like the taste.
I'd bet on the latter.

Most of ours just run SOUTH, right?? If so that doesn't say much for our intelligence.
Won't argue with you there. Good thing I can cite my age and say I didn't have chance to voice my opinion when they were originally started.

As of now, I'm not all that happy about shipping the bulk of our oil south, only to buy it back at an inflated price.