Who woulda thunk it??

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
How is this a good thing?

I dunno, Petros, maybe it's not. If I was some unemployed Southern fella, and needed a job, and some Chinese owned factory said they'd hire me, I'd go work for them.

In a perfect world wherein companies stayed in Canada and the U.S. and didn't offshore, this probably wouldn't happen. Not for any ideological reason; but, it probably wouldn't make economic sense.

Few people complain that Toyota has a plant in Ont. Yes, I know they're Japanese owned, not Chinese.

Did you watch the video??

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
This certainly should not be surprising. South Korea, Taiwan, and Japan all started out as manufacturers of cheap, easy-to-produce-goods before they became major investors worldwide. Expect more of it. China now has over 300,000 millionaires. Not all of that money is going to stay in China.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
How is this a good thing?

Isn't foreign investment a good thing? I think the U.S. is pretty broke right now.

This certainly should not be surprising. South Korea, Taiwan, and Japan all started out as manufacturers of cheap, easy-to-produce-goods before they became major investors worldwide. Expect more of it. China now has over 300,000 millionaires. Not all of that money is going to stay in China.

Small potatoes - I'd bet 3 or 4% of Canadians are millionaires.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Isn't foreign investment a good thing? I think the U.S. is pretty broke right now.

Small potatoes - I'd bet 3 or 4% of Canadians are millionaires.

:glasses3:Yep, ablosuitly. I'm working on my second million right now.

First one caved.:3some: