Cannabinoids Kill Cancer and Our Government Has Known for 36 Years

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
Cannabinoids Kill Cancer and Our Government Has Known for 36 Years

Friday, 30 July 2010 09:14

'The article describes how cannabinoids, the active components of marijuana, inhibit tumor growth in laboratory animals and also kill cancer cells. Then it finishes off by saying that the US government has known for more than 35 years and that the media which would normally go crazy about a cancer cure story like this, doesn’t at all and in fact seem to be burying the story rather than promote it in any way. I for one am amazed at the government’s stance on marijuana and their failed war on drugs, which is more like a war on it’s own country. I guess too many people get rich off of the war on drugs.'
Read more: Cannabinoids Kill Cancer and Our Government Has Known for 36 Years

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Misinformation.
The study says it inhibits cancer growth but does NOT say kills cancer cells.

Abstract

Cannabinoids - the active components of Cannabis sativa and their derivatives - exert palliative effects in cancer patients by preventing nausea, vomiting and pain and by stimulating appetite. In addition, these compounds have been shown to inhibit the growth of tumour cells in culture and animal models by modulating key cell-signalling pathways. Cannabinoids are usually well tolerated, and do not produce the generalized toxic effects of conventional chemotherapies.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I know plenty of pot smokers who've come down with cancer (breast, brain, and bone to name three people I know), so, until there are some more concrete studies showing exactly HOW to cure cancer in a human via pot, I've taken the news articles on the subject, which didn't seem very secret to me, in the same light as I've taken the article about a vaccination for HIV. Hopeful, but, impossible to apply quite yet.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Smokers do indeed get cancers yes but to use the true medicinal way it's is to be ingested using seeded flowers and ground to an oily paste.

It has been a key part our medicine chest and diet for 10s of thousands of years until just recently.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
It isn't a cure, it's an inhibitor.

I've heard both in articles about it. The article Stretch has linked to here has a doc claiming the inhibitor nature KILLS tumours. Either way, the usage in humans doesn't seem to work at 'smoke' level, so, how to use it properly to kill off or even inhibit cancer is something that needs more research, and that they don't seem to be 'hiding'. If they are, they're not hiding it very well.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I've heard both in articles about it.
I have, too, but I usually track down the abstract to the actual study to see what it really does say because I know that after a report is published, the spinning and twisting starts.
The article Stretch has linked to here has a doc claiming the inhibitor nature KILLS tumours.
So I went to the abstract of the actual study to see if that's what it says and it said nothing about killing cancer cells. That is why I said, "misinformation".
Either way, the usage in humans doesn't seem to work at 'smoke' level, so, how to use it properly to kill off or even inhibit cancer is something that needs more research, and that they don't seem to be 'hiding'. If they are, they're not hiding it very well.
There are several methods for introducing a medicine to the body, I agree.
Smoking pot to inhibit cancer growth seems kind of stupid to me when it's been shown that smoke contains cancer causing agents. So this just makes me think that pot-smokers feel guilty about smoking it and are looking for something to rationalise smoking it.

Forgot to post the source of the study's abstract. Sorry ......
Cannabinoids: potential anticancer agents. [Nat Rev Cancer. 2003] - PubMed result

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Petros is correct. Cannabis should be ingested, not smoked for its full medicinal benefits. Cannabis oil is the most effective way to treat many diseases including cancer. This information has been available for a long time and can easily be found if one were so inclined. Misinformation can also easily be found if one sets out to disprove the medicinal effects.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Petros is correct. Cannabis should be ingested, not smoked for its full medicinal benefits. Cannabis oil is the most effective way to treat many diseases including cancer. This information has been available for a long time and can easily be found if one were so inclined. Misinformation can also easily be found if one sets out to disprove the medicinal effects.
Yup. Too much misinformation wandering around. But it is easy to catch, just takes a few moments of digging for the correct info one can use to squash the hearsay.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Yup. Lots of rationalising. Why not just smoke it and accept that you smoke against the law? Why the need to rationalise smoking it? Why the need to distort facts about it by claiming it cures cancer?

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
For years I had horrible shoulder pains. Tried T3, Naproxen followed by Dilaudil.

Until a rheumatologist prescribed Sulfasalazine, which got me totally pain-free.

Smoking dope? Never occured to me. It's only for dopes.

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
For years I had horrible shoulder pains. Tried T3, Naproxen followed by Dilaudil.

Until a rheumatologist prescribed Sulfasalazine, which got me totally pain-free.

Smoking dope? Never occured to me. It's only for dopes.

you only say that because of what you read/heard about it via the media.

side effects of sulfasalazine...........This medication may cause stomach upset, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, headache, drowsiness, dizziness or trouble sleeping during the first few days as your body adjusts to the medication. If these symptoms persist or become severe, inform your doctor. May cause urine to be orange-brown in color. This is not harmful and will disappear when the medication is stopped. This medication increases sensitivity to sunlight. Notify your doctor if your condition worsens or you develop: easy bruising. Rarely, this medication can cause serious, even fatal, side effects such as a severe peeling skin rash known as Stevens- Johnson syndrome, blood disorders (e.g., agranulocytosis, aplastic anemia), or liver damage. Seek immediate medical attention if you develop any of the following symptoms: skin rash or blisters, unusual fatigue, persistent sore throat or fever, yellowing eyes or skin, dark urine, abdominal pain. In the unlikely event you have an allergic reaction to this drug, seek medical attention immediately. Symptoms of an allergic reaction include: rash, itching, swelling, dizziness, trouble breathing. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
SULFASALAZINE - ORAL (Azulfidine) side effects, medical uses, and drug interactions.

Carcinogenesis, Mutagenesis, Impairment of Fertility

Two-year oral carcinogenicity studies were conducted in male and female F344/N rats and B6C3F1 mice. Sulfasalazine was tested at 84 (496 mg/m2), 168 (991 mg/m2), and 337.5 (1991 mg/m2) mg/kg/day doses in rats. A statistically significant increase in the incidence of urinary bladder transitional cell papillomas was observed in male rats. In female rats, two (4%) of the 337.5 mg/kg rats had transitional cell papilloma of the kidney. The increased incidence of neoplasms in the urinary bladder and kidney of rats was also associated with an increase in the renal calculi formation and hyperplasia of transitional cell epithelium. For the mouse study, Sulfasalazine was tested at 675 (2025 mg/m2), 1350 (4050 mg/m2), and 2700 (8100 mg/m2) mg/kg/day. The incidence of hepatocellular adenoma or carcinoma in male and female mice was significantly greater than the control at all doses tested.
Sulfasalazine did not show mutagenicity in the bacterial reverse mutation assay (Ames test) and in L51784 mouse lymphoma cell assay at the HGPRT gene. However, Sulfasalazine showed equivocal mutagenic response in the micronucleus assay of mouse and rat bone marrow and mouse peripheral RBC and in the sister chromatid exchange, chromosomal aberration, and micronucleus assays in lymphocytes obtained from humans.
Impairment of male fertility was observed in reproductive studies performed in rats at a dose of 800 mg/kg/day (4800 mg/m2). Oligospermia and infertility have been described in men treated with Sulfasalazine. Withdrawal of the drug appears to reverse these effects.
Read more: Sulfasalazine Official FDA information, side effects and uses.

I know which I'd prefer to take for pain relief and it wouldnt be some concoction created in a lab. I prefer the natural way myself and to date havent noticed any side effects................

Last edited:

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Strech, your fame for stabbing the hand that potentially is the only one that can save you is legendary, and needless to say, totally self-impopsed.

In your incredible impertinance you try to tell me what I felt and how I felt after taking Sulfasalazine.

No surprise, though. People like you, who have nothing to offer but hate, contempt and denigration for the people/company who would be there for you, when your unscientific view of the Pharmaceutical industry.

You and your ilk refuse to believe that different drugs have different side effects for different people. You dare to call me a liar - though in not as many words - when I claimed, in total truth that Sulfasalazine helped me.

I sincerely hope that you will never have to rely on a Pharmaceutical Company to help you out of your misery. And even more sincerely I hope that they will tell you go F..k yourself.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
You and your ilk refuse to believe that different drugs have different side effects for different people. You dare to call me a liar - though in not as many words - when I claimed, in total truth that Sulfasalazine helped me.
So what's your excuse then?

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
petros, get a life already!

What excuse do I need to say that a legally and scientifically developed drug helped me to the extent that whereas I used to suffer 24/7, I am now pain-free?

Being contrary just for the sake of being contrary is a definite indication of a weak mind.

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
Strech, your fame for stabbing the hand that potentially is the only one that can save you is legendary, and needless to say, totally self-impopsed.

In your incredible impertinance you try to tell me what I felt and how I felt after taking Sulfasalazine.

No surprise, though. People like you, who have nothing to offer but hate, contempt and denigration for the people/company who would be there for you, when your unscientific view of the Pharmaceutical industry.

I sincerely hope that you will never have to rely on a Pharmaceutical Company to help you out of your misery. And even more sincerely I hope that they will tell you go F..k yourself.

was just passing on some info re Sulfasalazine mate, do what you wish with it.
when and where have I ever offered hate or denigrated anyone as you put it???
I have a different view of things, thats all, be a boring old world if we all held the same view.
I'm the 1st one to say to big pharma, dont lump us all together we are all differnet and have different reactions to things....but they dont look at us like that.
I would NEVER call anyone a liar mate, you dont know me very well do you.
Thats a nice attitude mate, thanx for your concern, I'm glad that Sulfasalazine works for you and sincerely hope that you dont suffer any side effects from it.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Well, MATE, if I had ever seen a single post from you that was positive, I would have never posted what I posted.

You are a champion of hate and negativism.