Conrad Black- what money can buy!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Guess we should have known it was only be a matter of time before he was released. I guess at least one lawyer is smiling all the way to the bank. I guess if you are corrupt it helps if you are rich. Will Madoff be next? :lol::lol::lol:

MapleOne

Worlds greatest Dad'n
Jul 19, 2010
Kitchener, Ontario
www.MapleOne.com
Guess we should have known it was only be a matter of time before he was released. I guess at least one lawyer is smiling all the way to the bank. I guess if you are corrupt it helps if you are rich. Will Madoff be next? :lol::lol::lol:

He went to trial in the states right?

I wonder if the Canadian justice system would have dealt out a more appropriate punishment.

If there is one thing that irks me is it's when people get cheated out of their life savings. Madoff is the lowest scum for taking money from the pensioners. How do you take the savings of Grandpa and Grandma without feeling guilty?

I guess Conrad Black just took money from a company so I guess its not as bad.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

I wonder if the Canadian justice system would have dealt out a more appropriate punishment.

If there is one thing that irks me is it's when people get cheated out of their life savings. Madoff is the lowest scum for taking money from the pensioners. How do you take the savings of Grandpa and Grandma without feeling guilty?

They are both tarred with the same brush. Companies are made up of shareholders and shareholders include grandma and grandpa who have their life savings invested there. One is just as slimy as the other, I think they should both share a cell.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB

According to defense lawyers during his original trial, Black had a tougher time in the US than he would have in Canada, but I can't remember if it was because of evidentiary rules (doubtful, we give the cops more leeway than the Americans do), the way the statutes were written or the general procedures and allowances in court. The consensus opinion (from Canadian legal experts on CTV Newsnet) was that he would have gotten off or at worst faced fines in Canada.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
He's only out on bail, and yet may do the rest of his time.

Three years in?

Apparently his lawyer convinced a judge that the law which convicted him, was in error, so therefore no crime had taken place....................or something like that.

It must really be a comedown to go from Lord Fukkaduk to joe criminal; but, he still has money and will probably do easy time, if any more. Hope he doesn't piss off Bubba...........not.

:toothy3: Don't pick up the soap, Connie.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
This piece of crap makes headlines while a poor old couple are missing and God only knows what has happened to them. Conrad Black should be on the last page of the news.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
This piece of crap makes headlines while a poor old couple are missing and God only knows what has happened to them. Conrad Black should be on the last page of the news.

And only when he's been sent away for 150 years like Madoff. :lol:

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
He's going to have an interesting time trying to get back into Canada now though considering he is no longer a citizen and is also a convicted criminal which makes him inadmissible.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Will he still be a member of the House of Lords in England?

I earned my Canadian Citizenship, and I have nothing but contempt for someone who renounces his in order to be a Royal Titsucking member of the most dispicable political body in the world, the House of Lords in England.

Just for that, alone, he should have been the bitch for life of some convict, who has far more integrity and honesty, than this piece of human garbage.

I feel sorry for Barbara Amiel to be linked to him.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
YJ said:

I earned my Canadian Citizenship, and I have nothing but contempt for someone who renounces his in order to be a Royal Titsucking member of the most dispicable political body in the world, the House of Lords in England.

Just for that, alone, he should have been the bitch for life of some convict, who has far more integrity and honesty, than this piece of human garbage.

Why would you feel sorry for her? She's just as bad as he is.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
TenPenny, there are times, when association is NOT necessarily a reason for condemnation.

Would you stand by your son if he was convicted of a crime he committed?
Would you stand by your husband if he was convicted for a crime he committed?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
You never earned **** all.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
The lucky b@stard whose only qualification to be Canadian is the blind luck of being born here questioned - nay, doubted my Canadian Citizenship - thus:

"You never earned **** all."

petros, your unqualified support is greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Barbara is Connie's wife, JLM. She hasn't been convicted of anything.

From Tenpenny's remark I figured she was some kind of pariah. :smile:

And which member(s) of the House of Lords (besides Black) do you so heartily disapprove of?