5 yr. old BC girl killed by her Father in Washington

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Five-year-old B.C. girl slain in Washington state

Vancouver Sun June 28, 2010 7:02 AM

A five-year-old girl from B.C. has been killed in Washington state and her father is being held as a person of interest in her slaying according to media reports.
Police responding to a 911 call around 6:15 p.m. Sunday night at a holiday home near Lake Cushman found the dead girl with her throat slashed.
Her mother and another child were also in the home at the time.
The 29-year-old father is facing murder charges according to Global BC.
© Copyright (c) The Vancouver Sun

Read more: Five-year-old B.C. girl slain in Washington state

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Heard that on the radio. I hate news like this. SOB should have his balls slashed off.

Reactions: Walter

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Five-year-old B.C. girl slain in Washington state

Vancouver Sun June 28, 2010 7:02 AM

A five-year-old girl from B.C. has been killed in Washington state and her father is being held as a person of interest in her slaying according to media reports.
Police responding to a 911 call around 6:15 p.m. Sunday night at a holiday home near Lake Cushman found the dead girl with her throat slashed.
Her mother and another child were also in the home at the time.
The 29-year-old father is facing murder charges according to Global BC.
© Copyright (c) The Vancouver Sun

What is there to discuss here?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Anything you like about the murder, I guess. Does news posted mean there has to be discussion?

Is Washington a death Penalty state??

Answered my own question....yes it is, penalty decided by the jury.

This boy is in deep trouble.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Anything you like about the murder, I guess. Does news posted mean there has to be discussion?

There's nothing I like about the murder. I guess I've been under the wrong impression that this is a forum for discussion, or debating. :smile: If I was being politically incorrect I may be a little curious about the nationality of the perp. :smile::smile:

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
There's nothing I like about the murder. I guess I've been under the wrong impression that this is a forum for discussion, or debating. :smile: If I was being politically incorrect I may be a little curious about the nationality of the perp. :smile::smile:
*shrugs* Your simple comment that there's nothing about the murder you like by itself is discussion.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Is Washington a death Penalty state??

Answered my own question....yes it is, penalty decided by the jury.

This boy is in deep trouble.
But it says BC girl Colpy. I was kind of waiting for a little more news but my assumption is that he too is from BC. That would mean that he won't get the death penalty won't it?

What is there to discuss here?
Are you suggesting JLM that there was no reason to post this? A child was murdered. I find that abominable.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
But it says BC girl Colpy. I was kind of waiting for a little more news but my assumption is that he too is from BC. That would mean that he won't get the death penalty won't it?

Are you suggesting JLM that there was no reason to post this? A child was murdered. I find that abominable.

It doesn't matter where he is from, he committed the crime in Washington state and is subject to their penalties. I believe Canadians have been executed in the USA quite recently.....

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
It doesn't matter where he is from, he committed the crime in Washington state and is subject to their penalties. I believe Canadians have been executed in the USA quite recently.....
I think our gov't might squawk to the American gov't about it, but basically it is up the WA gov't, I would think.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

You should serve the penalty meted out by the jurisdiction where you commit the crime.

It's not something I particularly like to wallow in but I suppose there are aspects of it that could be discussed.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
It's not something I particularly like to wallow in but I suppose there are aspects of it that could be discussed.

The more we find out about this story the sadder it gets. The perpetrator suffers from bi polar disorder, something I know a little bit about having a fairly close relative with that affliction. It's a very sad condition as it quite often occurs in very intelligent people after involvement with street drugs. Another excellent reason why we should be hanging drug pushers and importers. If we continue to condone these bastards, it will just get worse. :-:)-:)-(

taraden

Jun 28, 2010
I just wanted to say that I run a childcare in Abbotsford, BC and i walk a little boy to school every school day and this little girl that was killed was in the kindergarten class at his school. This afternoon, when I went to pick him up, the teachers were handing out letters for the parents stating that a tragedy had occurred and for further information to check the schools website. it also stated that there would be information on the website for parents to help their children deal with her death.

many of the parents from the kindergarten class were in tears as well as the kindergarten teacher. She looked as if she had been crying most of the day. Many others were in disbelief.

My thoughts are with the mother, big sister and the rest of the family and all of her friends...at the school. This man should be given the death penalty. Bi-polar or not.... he killed a five yr old little girl and that is simply a despicable crime.

Tomorrow is the last day of school and I imagine it will be a very sad one :(

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
This man should be given the death penalty. Bi-polar or not.... he killed a five yr old little girl and that is simply a despicable crime.

/QUOTE]

I hear you, but having known bi polar people, I could never rest easy with that solution. These people are like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and generally speaking are like Dr. Jekyll 95% of the time. When drugs are eliminated and the pushers are 6 ft. under then you'll see a drastic abatement in this sort of crime. If everyone killed a drug pusher it wouldn't hurt my feelings.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
maybe she was an inconvenience.
It's been several hours since I read the story but it seems the parents were having a disagreement over the children. The man told his wife that he would fix everything and in moments she heard screaming and ran down to see her child with her neck slit and bleeding profusely. She was the guy's step-daughter. Looks like he didn't take his meds for the day.

Thankyou to the childcare worker from Abbotsford for writing in and letting us know how horrible it's been for you, the kids and other parents. I am so sorry all of you had to go through such a horrible occurrance. He was obviously in much deeper mental trouble then anyone ever thought. I'm sure that doesn't make it feel one bit better though does it. It wouldn't for me.:cry:

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
The news is very sad indeed. But then I got to thinking. Suppose this had been a Muslim family. Would the reaction have been so muted in the forum here? The forum would have gone viral. It probably would have been much harsher, much more virulent and would not be directed just against the father, but would probably be directed against all Muslims, against Muslim culture in general.

And that indeed is what happens when we hear news of honor killing in North America. All Muslims are condemned with the same broad brush. I am not trying to justify honor killings, nor am I saying that the reaction in this case was improper. It is just that next time we hear the news of honour killing (and there will be a next time), I would hope for the same measured reaction, rather than condemning all Muslims and Islam.

Bad, horrible things happen in every society, in every culture. It is important to blame the perpetrator (or perhaps even a particular extremist interpretation of the philosophy, like Wahabism), rather than the whole philosophy or religion.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
This is a very sad story. I hope the father didn't do it but what chance is there he could get a fair trial in the USA - not much I'm afraid. It was probably a bungled burglary or some pervert.