woman killed in mountain top proposal

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
News Weird

Woman killed in mountaintop proposal

By QMI Agency
Last Updated: June 8, 2010 10:52am

Bethany Lott, 25, was struck and killed by lightning atop a mountain, minutes before her boyfriend was poised to pop the question.
Richard Butler, 30, took Lott hiking in the North Carolina Mountains on Friday.
The couple, who had been together a year and were both from Knoxville, Tenn., were walking up Max Patch Bald, near Asheville, Tenn., in the pouring rain.
"She said that¹s the difference between me and everyone else," Butler told the Ashville Citizen Times. "When other people would see the rain and turn around, I go looking for sunshine and grab it when I find it." They were taking it all in when the lightning struck.
"She said, 'God, baby, look how beautiful it is,'" Butler said.
Then it hit ­ three times in a row.
"I was spun 180 degrees and thrown several feet back," he said. "My legs turned to Jell-O. My shoes were smoking and the bottom of my feet felt like they were on fire." When he looked, Lott was on the ground.
He did CPR, but could not revive her. He made his way to the nearest home, where a family called 911. Emergency personnel also failed to revive his almost-fiancée.
"I put the ring on her finger while the EMTs were working on her," he told the Citizen Times. "They are listing me as her fiancé in the obituaries."
According to Lott's obituary, "she was a musician and artist, avid hiker, and dog lover."

Woman killed in mountaintop proposal | Weird | News | Toronto Sun

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Sad. She had a blonde moment and lost her life because of it. I feel sorry for her bf, family, and friends.