Worst milkshake in US - the Cold Stone PB&C- has same fat as 68 strips of bacon

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Worst milkshake in US - the Cold Stone PB&C- has same fat as 68 strips of bacon | News.com.au

A MILKSHAKE that is the equivalent of 68 pieces of bacon or 30 chocolate chip cookies has been dubbed the worst drink in the US.

Made with chocolate ice cream, milk and peanut butter, the drink - called the Cold Stone PB&C - packs a whopping 2010 calories, 68 grams of saturated fat and a massive 153 grams of sugar, The Sun reports.

It topped Men's Health magazine's list of the 20 worst drinks in America, beating a McDonald's Triple Thick Chocolate Milkshake to the post.

"In terms of saturated fat, drinking this Cold Stone catastrophe is like slurping up 68 strips of bacon," the magazine said.

"Health experts recommend capping your saturated fat intake at about 20 grams per day, yet this beverage packs more than three times that into a cup ... "

But this information did not bother tourists in Marina del Rey, California, as they sampled a large size of the ice cream milkshake.

Christopher Fields said: "It's delicious. I would definitely have it again."

When told the milkshake was nearly the equivalent of the recommended daily calorie intake for men, the 45-year-old said, "I don't care."

Patting his stomach, he said: "I'd drink it without difficulty. I'd probably have it once a week."

Josh Fein, who runs the Marina del Rey ice cream eatery, said that health-conscious locals were not that keen on the PB&C shake.

"We probably only sell about eight to ten of those a week and mostly to tourists," he said.

According to the Men's Health column, the second worst drink in America is the Peanut Power Plus Grape from Smoothie King. A large cup is worth roughly 1,500 calories.

The McDonald's Triple Thick Chocolate Shake came in third.

A large cup of that is worth 1160 calories, or the equivalent of 13 McDonald's apple pies.

...... Christopher Fields said: "It's delicious. I would definitely have it again."

When told the milkshake was nearly the equivalent of the recommended daily calorie intake for men, the 45-year-old said, "I don't care."

Patting his stomach, he said: "I'd drink it without difficulty. I'd probably have it once a week."......

Natural Selection at it's Finest. :angel2:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Re: Worst milkshake in US - the Cold Stone PB&C- has same fat as 68 strips of bacon

Well then what are we waiting for? Bring on the bacon shake!

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Re: Worst milkshake in US - the Cold Stone PB&C- has same fat as 68 strips of bacon

Worst milkshake in US - the Cold Stone PB&C- has same fat as 68 strips of bacon | News.com.au

...... Christopher Fields said: "It's delicious. I would definitely have it again."

Patting his stomach, he said: "I'd drink it without difficulty. I'd probably have it once a week."......

Natural Selection at it's Finest. :angel2:
At 45 he doesn't care. Ask him again at 55 when his cholesterol count is out of this world and he's on the verge of a heart attack.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital

Bring on the calories, I ain't scared!

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa

Good one.:cool:

...but you still have us beat....USA USA USA!

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Fat is fat.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Yep.....and you have plenty of it.:lol:

Consume....it's what you guys do best.

Looks like you do too!

From the people that invented putney or whatever you call that french fry and gravy garbage. :lol:

Ever check the calories in that?

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa

Looks like you do too!

From the people that invented putney or whatever you call that french fry and gravy garbage. :lol:

Ever check the calories in that?

Yep. no doubt we have fat people.

However, if they were giving out medals for fat.....the US takes home the gold.

Over twice the percentage of the population....bravo fatties.:lol:

Consume.....

Yum.....

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

JOHN CANDY

Thanks for playing!

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa

JOHN CANDY

Thanks for playing!

Wow....one guy.

Still not 30% of our population.....and guess what? He got fatter when he moved to the US.....the US killed John Candy.:lol:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss

A high fat dessert!? what will they think of next!!?? Those Americans are mad I tell you! Mad!!!!!

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto

Yep.....and you have plenty of it.:lol:

Consume....it's what you guys do best.

I dunno, the fat people in the Canadian McDonalds look equally fat as their American counterparts.

I don't suppose you think that Poutine or Montreal Smoked Meat is healthy by chance? :roll:

Wow....one guy.

Still not 30% of our population.....and guess what? He got fatter when he moved to the US.....the US killed John Candy.:lol:

Do you live in a bubble, Avro? Seriously, venture into a mall food court sometime and then brief me on your findings.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa

I dunno, the fat people in the Canadian McDonalds look equally fat as their American counterparts.

I don't suppose you think that Poutine or Montreal Smoked Meat is healthy by chance? :roll:

I never said there weren't fat Canadians.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto

I never said there weren't fat Canadians.

We have lots of them, I don't think obesity and unhealthy eating are an American phenomena, we eat pretty much the same crap. Although, we mostly live in igloos so the cold climate better regulates our metabolism. :smile:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Human fat. The last and greatest untapped energy resource.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Rendered human fat: the next great bio-fuel. I wonder what they do with all the stuff they liposuction out of fatties. It should be law that they have to use that stuff for fuel.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto

I would love to have a hybrid that ran off rancid human blubber or maybe aborted fetuses.