Playboy goes 3D

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Playboy goes 3D (stop drooling) | News.com.au

PLAYBOY readers are going to need glasses for a close look at the upcoming issue of the magazine - 3D glasses.

The centrefold picture in the June edition will be in 3D.

"It's kind of neat," Playboy spokeswoman Theresa Hennessey said of the picture of 2010 Playmate of the Year Hope Dworacyzk.

"There's a wine glass that she's holding and when you stand back with the glasses on that comes right out at you," she told AFP. "You kind of really feel like you're in, so to speak, in the pictorial with her."

Playboy's first 3D centrefold comes about six months after the magazine ran a photo spread featuring a cartoon character - a scantily clad Marge Simpson from the hit television show The Simpsons.

"We're constantly trying to do new creative, innovative things to engage our readers," Ms Hennessey said. "But I don't think we'll be having 3D centrefolds in every issue."

Playboy founder Hugh Hefner said he "wanted to create a 3D pictorial for the very first issue of Playboy, but didn't have enough money to include the 3D glasses".

"I think Playboy fans will enjoy seeing our Playmate of the Year's true form," he said.

They didn't actually say if it was going to be the old red/blue (or green/red) 3D or in color..... if it's the old fashion 3D with the two colors, it sounds like it'd kinda suck.

Though if it was one of those layered pages with the ribbed plastic cover to simulate movement, that might be kinda cool.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Just about as high tech as the 'scratch and sniff' centerfolds that someone published back in the 1980s. Ugh.

That's just Naaasty.

Someone's gotta ask the question, so it might as well be me:

Were the scratch n' sniffs made before or after they showered?