GMO Alert: U.S. Attempting Global Censorship of GMO Food Labeling

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
GMO Alert: U.S. Attempting Global Censorship of GMO Food Labeling

Tuesday, 04 May 2010 06:43

'I received an urgent alert from Jeffrey Smith today about a dangerous situation taking place right now at the international CODEX conference. The U.S. is attempting to push its agenda to censor all GMO labeling of foods everywhere around the world. This would result in a global GMO cover-up as consumers are left in the dark about whether their foods and grocery products are genetically modified or not.
Please understand that the U.S. is attempting to outlaw non-GMO labeling of foods, thereby making it illegal for a non-GMO food product to even claim "non-GMO" on the label. If the U.S. succeeds in this global GMO cover-up, the FDA could seize any products in the USA that make "non-GMO" claims. Additionally, the USA could file lawsuits through the World Trade Organization against any country that allows non-GMO labeling or claims on its products.'
Read more: GMO Alert: U.S. Attempting Global Censorship of GMO Food Labeling

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Mind boggling. There is no depth of depravity to which the US will not go. Time for communities to start growing their own food and do the 100 mile diet. Stop buying any grown in the US food or products. Bring these pricks to their knees economically so they can't afford to bully the rest of the world.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Trouble is that Canada also grows GMO products especially soy and corn. GMO corn is fed to our cattle, pigs and chickens too. Trying to rid society of GMO products is going to take a revolution though one that would be more than worthwhile.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Trouble is that Canada also grows GMO products especially soy and corn. GMO corn is fed to our cattle, pigs and chickens too. Trying to rid society of GMO products is going to take a revolution though one that would be more than worthwhile.
Damn! And I don't even own a gun!

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I fear that it will be too late before most people will wake up. One day they will discover that the razor wire is to keep them in, not the enemy out. Then "I told you so" will have a very hollow ring.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I fear that it will be too late before most people will wake up. One day they will discover that the razor wire is to keep them in, not the enemy out. Then "I told you so" will have a very hollow ring.

I couldn't agree more, Cliffy. Pretty scary when one finds out that four companies - yep four - control nearly all food production both here and in the US.

By control, I mean from feed production to feedlots to slaughter houses to meat packing plants. Beef, pork and poultry producers are at the mercy of the multi-national companies which continue to drive down the price paid to producers. Ranchers and farmers are trying hard to sound warnings but find themselves side-lined by the simple fact that if they speak out agains these companies they are left with no market for their beef, etc.

Add to that the sheer c**p that is fed to animals just to get them to market quicker and the picture gets even scarier.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I actually spend an extra 6 dollars/CAD/50lb bag, for non GMO corn at the Coop, for the Deer management program I run.

I have no idea why that is though.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I actually spend an extra 6 dollars/CAD/50lb bag, for non GMO corn at the Coop, for the Deer management program I run.

I have no idea why that is though.

Sorry, Bear. You have no idea about why you buy it or why it is more expensive???

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Sorry, Bear. You have no idea about why you buy it or why it is more expensive???
Sorry I didn't make that more clear.

I know why I buy it, I don't trust GMO crops, I'm going to eat some of that deer I look after, I won't feed it anything I won't eat.

I have no idea why non GMO corn is more expensive.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Anyway, I've been engineering my crops for a long time. I cull the duds and keep the healthy, tasty, nutritious plants. We are also likely to kill and eat the chickens with the worst eggs.
On the other hand, I am not averse to telling people how we raise our critters.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Sorry I didn't make that more clear.

I know why I buy it, I don't trust GMO crops, I'm going to eat some of that deer I look after, I won't feed it anything I won't eat.

I have no idea why non GMO corn is more expensive.

From my understanding of it, Bear, the reason is that GMO corn is more prevalent than non-GMO and therefore the price is lower. When a company such as Monsanto controls the market, it is able to drive down the price to consumers while driving up the price of seed to growers and this is exactly what it does.

Also non-GMO corn must go through a certification process that adds to its price.

GMO corn is used in so many products these days that it is actually difficult to find something that does not have a corn by-product in it. Of course you won't find 'corn' on the label but if one knows what the by-products are it is frightening to see how all pervasive these by-products are on our grocery shelves.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
The USA will stop at nothing to support its chemical/food corporations like Monsanto. GMO needs to be clearly labled, cosnumers have a right to know where their food is from and how it is made. Such things should not be a secret.

You could not be more right about that DTM. The fight to get GMO labelling has been going on for some time and it is an uphill battle because of the monetary power of such companies and their ability to use that power to push their own agendas and lobby for their own causes. Take a look at how many former Monsanto people are now in the US government or how many Senators and Congressmen are beholden to this company for funding their campaigns.