Suspected car bomb in Times Square

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
i understand it was packed with propane and fireworks, and that the reason it wasn't a disaster was that it misfired...a tee shirt vendor saw smoke coming from the vehicle, and the police noticed the license plate didn't match...

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
i understand it was packed with propane and fireworks, and that the reason it wasn't a disaster was that it misfired...a tee shirt vendor saw smoke coming from the vehicle, and the police noticed the license plate didn't match...

That's what I heard. WE just have to get used to the fact there are lots of nut cases in the world and be on the lookout for them. Until the drug culture is brought under control the problem is going to escalate.

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
Two possibilities: al-Qaeda-like terrorist or US right-wing, Tim McVeigh-, Eric Rudolph-like terrorist.

Downhome_Woman

Electoral Member
Dec 2, 2008
Ontariariario
Must be a home grown nutbar. Anyone trained by islamic terrorists or the IRA would not have failed.
Really? you mean like the shoe bomber? or the Tallipanty Bomber? I watched a documentary by an Afghani journalist who was allowed to travel with a small group that had been trained by El queda. There is film footage of their screw ups. Also, a lot of the local 'nut bars' get great training by other local 'nutbars'.Just because you are trained by experts, doesn't mean you can actually DO.
Having said that? I'll forgo being an armchair quarterback and passing judgement on who did it until I hear more. In this day and age when you can get information on building explosives over the net? It's anybody's guess who did it and why. Hell, maybe the person was just having a crappy week and decided to 'blow off' some steam...

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Well they have photos of the driver of the SUV and they say he is white, so I would suspect a home grown wannabe.