Islamic website threatens 'South Park' creators over depiction of Prophet Muhammad

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC

Islamic website threatens 'South Park' creators over depiction of Prophet Muhammad | News.com.au

A RADICAL Islamic website is warning a TV show's creators they could face violent retribution for depicting the Prophet Muhammad in a bear suit during an episode broadcast last week.

RevolutionMuslim.com posted the warning following the 200th episode of Trey Parker and Matt Stone's South Park, which included a caricature of the Prophet Muhammad disguised in a bear suit, FOXNews.com reports.

The web posting also included a graphic photo of Theo van Gogh, a Dutch filmmaker who was murdered in 2004 after making a documentary on violence against Muslim women.

"We have to warn Matt and Trey that what they are doing is stupid and they will probably wind up like Theo Van Gogh for airing this show," the posting reads. "This is not a threat, but a warning of the reality of what will likely happen to them."

The posting on RevolutionMuslim.com also includes audio of a sermon by Anwar al-Awlaki - a radical US-born preacher now believed to be hiding in Yemen - who discusses assassinating individuals who defame the Prophet Muhammad. It also included a link to a 2009 story in the Huffington Post that gave details of Stone and Parker's mansion in Colorado.

A Comedy Central spokesman told FOXNews.com that the network had no comment on the posting.

I don't see what the big deal is.... They don't like people drawing or illustrating Muhammad and what he looks like, or think he looks like.... so they put him in a bear suit so you don't know what he looks like.

Geez, you just can't please some people.

And besides, when someone takes South Park seriously to this level, that says more about them and their own issues then it does of Trey & Matt.

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
I personally think the "South Park" creators should be threatened (non-violently, of course) over their depiction of "South Park".

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I've tried watching the show, and I find it just doesn't do anything for me. But I must admit, the whole idea of poking the nutcase-Islamist thugs in the eye is certainly entertaining!

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
The one thing I like about South Park is how they push the limits as much as they can and don't hold any punches against any group, person or organization.

And yet, at the same time through all their craziness in the episodes, there's still a subtle moral/lesson to each story that touches base with many things in our everyday lives.

And it's usually the kids who figure out and understand the morals, while the rest of the community is completely stupid about the things right in front of their faces.

It's almost ingenious.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
The one thing I like about South Park is how they push the limits as much as they can and don't hold any punches against any group, person or organization.

And yet, at the same time through all their craziness in the episodes, there's still a subtle moral/lesson to each story that touches base with many things in our everyday lives.

And it's usually the kids who figure out and understand the morals, while the rest of the community is completely stupid about the things right in front of their faces.

It's almost ingenious.

Yes, exactly the same as the Simpsons, when you boil it down. The Simpsons certainly was more daring in the early years, though. But the morality is still there.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Agreed, though now the Simpsons is more just a comic relief.

Family Guy, while they do have a moral to most of their stories, is 98% nothing but jokes, gags and childishness. I think I counted in the average 30 minute episode (or 22 minutes depending on commercial counts, etc.) that 45 seconds of the whole show touches base on a moral lesson.

about 10 seconds in the begining and 35 seconds near the end.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
I've already issue a fatwa against the creators of South park for using a likeness of me to shroud old Mo.:angryfire:

Hey that should be your new avatar.... :lol:

Of course to be the real CDNBear, the top part of your head would have to float in the air when you talk and you'd have to have a thing for "Kraft Dinna'"

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
In case anyone thinks they are just picking on Islam, they do it to everyone; Christians, Jews, Scientology, Politicians etc etc

These muslim cry babies need to quit complaining about shows they don't even watch.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
In case anyone thinks they are just picking on Islam, they do it to everyone; Christians, Jews, Scientology, Politicians etc etc

These muslim cry babies need to quit complaining about shows they don't even watch.

Ya gotta be careful picking on Scientology, especially if you're in the entertainment business.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Hey that should be your new avatar.... :lol:

Of course to be the real CDNBear, the top part of your head would have to float in the air when you talk and you'd have to have a thing for "Kraft Dinna'"
I hate Kraft dinner and people think my head is airy enough as is...:lol:

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Ya gotta be careful picking on Scientology, especially if you're in the entertainment business.

The South Park creators have done multiple episodes on them now with Tom Cruise featured predominantly in them. According to rumor, Tom Cruise was going refuse to publicize Mission Impossible 3 unless Paramount withheld repeats of the "trapped in the closet" episode.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
The South Park creators have done multiple episodes on them now with Tom Cruise featured predominantly in them. According to rumor, Tom Cruise was going refuse to publicize Mission Impossible 3 unless Paramount withheld repeats of the "trapped in the closet" episode.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007

lol... What a wanker.

What is he, 6 Years old? :lol:

You know if people like Tom Cruise stopped acting like whiny little moan bags over every little thing said or done about them, not only would they actually start looking normal to the rest of society, but these type of shows wouldn't have anything to work with in the first place.

They help create the crap they're complaining about.