toronto man arrested for kicking pregnant dog

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
News Toronto & GTA

Toronto man arrested for kicking a pregnant dog, other charges

By TAMARA CHERRY, Toronto Sun

Last Updated: March 25, 2010 9:09am

A Toronto man accused of kicking a pregnant dog and taking off after a domestic assault was collared by police Wednesday. Cops were called to a home near Ellesmere and Markham Rds. where a young man allegedly assaulted and threatened someone, kicked the dog and took off with a family member's silver Cadillac just before midnight Tuesday, Toronto Police said. Justin Dumpfrey, 23, was arrested in Niagara Falls on Wednesday on two counts of assault, cruelty to animals causing unnecessary suffering, take auto without consent, two counts of fail to comply with recognizance, fail to comply with probation, break and enter, possession of property obtained by crime and threatening death. One of the assault charges stems from a separate incident involving the same alleged victim, Const. Wendy Drummond said Thursday. Dumpfrey was on bail for break-and-enter and assault-related charges at the time of the alleged offence, Drummond said. He was scheduled to make his first court appearance on this latest batch of charges in a Scarborough courtroom Thursday.

Toronto man arrested for kicking a pregnant dog, other charges | Toronto & GTA | News | Toronto Sun

i hope that mum and pups are ok.:-(

Libertarian

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
Obviously a crazy person. Did the dog attack him though, or did he just kick it for fun? Would really make a difference. But seeing as he violated parole, stole a car, and more, chances are, he's very unstable and I'd lean to the latter.

Libertarian

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
I can't think of a punishment suitable for someone like that. A kennel, maybe?

You'd have to be pretty stupid to steal a car, utter death threats, attack a defenseless animal, and more, all on parole. This guy really screwed up badly.

EDIT: On further reading. I can visualize this happening like this.

This guy breaks into a house looking for money. Someone inside confronts him so he beats them down and then the dog comes in to defend the owner, and he kicks the dog. Then he utters death threats if they follow him, so he steals the car keys and leaves the house. Then he steals the car but doesn't get far, considering the owner can easily phone the police and tell the liscence plate of their own vehicle.

Honestly this guy is beyond stupid and deserves to be thrown in jail for being an unstable violent psychopath idiot. Just speculating, but that scene seems likely, considering the charges.

Poor family and dog though.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Handcuffed and with a porkchop in his pocket....

Three brings out a coordinated pack instinct. The Pork Chop would just be a
distraction. Naw...just boost him over the fence, & keep knocking him back
for a three minute stretch.....but that only takes care of the one charge....

Something creative for each charge would reduce the rate of repeat offences.

Libertarian

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
Three brings out a coordinated pack instinct. The Pork Chop would just be a
distraction. Naw...just boost him over the fence, & keep knocking him back
for a three minute stretch.....but that only takes care of the one charge....

Something creative for each charge would reduce the rate of repeat offences.

I have some ideas.

Two counts of assault - give him two Victoria police style beatings.

Cruelty to animals - Strip him naked in a place with horny animals, like bulls or donkeys.

causing unnecessary suffering - Make him watch re-runs of Seinfield over and over for hours on end.

take auto without consent - Give his car up to a local crash car derby.

two counts of fail to comply with recognizance - Make him work without pay for a couple of days.

fail to comply with probation - Get him to read Canadian law and then take a test, repeating it until he passes.

break and enter - Throw a brick through a window in his house, then make him pay for damages.

possession of property obtained by crime - Make him lose the property.

and threatening death - Lecture him on what is freedom of speech and what isn't, while wearing a Death costume. Poke him with a scythe if he doesn't listen.

Sounds fair and balanced.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
"Wow, your dumbest comment yet, Yukon. Congratulations."

Only surpassed by yours. Copngratulations!

Look moron, you just compared an abortion provider to a criminal who is accused of domestic assault, animal cruelty, break and enter & uttering threats plus various parole violations. In which way are they linked or even remotely similar? I suppose you'll tell me that abortion providers kick pregnant woman.

Canadian0409

Mar 26, 2010
I know this man, not because i want to. But because I had a girlfriend who ended up with him, and found out the hard way what type of person he really was. Yes, knowing Justin, i can say that he kicked the dog on purpose. My girlfriend suffered months of threatening her life if she left him, he even shot through her front door( which the police) did not arrest him for( its not what you know, its what you can prove), getting her nose broken , ribs broken even miscarrying because he kicked her in her stomach. You all are right, he needs to be locked up. HE did the same thing to my friend and they let him go, to make him go and do it to some other girl. OUR CRIMINAL SYSTEM IS FAILING US, NOT THE BAD GUYS. HE WILL GET A SLAP ON THE WRIST. AS FOR THE FEMALE HE ASSUALTED AND THE DOG, I AM TERRIBLY SORRY FOR YOU, I HAVE SEEN WHAT HE IS CAPABLE OF, AND IT IS NOT PRETTY

Canadian0409

Mar 26, 2010
Unfortuantely, the woman who Justin Dumpfrey did beat up, was his new girlfriend and her DOG protecting her. such a shame.

Libertarian

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
I know this man, not because i want to. But because I had a girlfriend who ended up with him, and found out the hard way what type of person he really was. Yes, knowing Justin, i can say that he kicked the dog on purpose. My girlfriend suffered months of threatening her life if she left him, he even shot through her front door( which the police) did not arrest him for( its not what you know, its what you can prove), getting her nose broken , ribs broken even miscarrying because he kicked her in her stomach. You all are right, he needs to be locked up. HE did the same thing to my friend and they let him go, to make him go and do it to some other girl. OUR CRIMINAL SYSTEM IS FAILING US, NOT THE BAD GUYS. HE WILL GET A SLAP ON THE WRIST. AS FOR THE FEMALE HE ASSUALTED AND THE DOG, I AM TERRIBLY SORRY FOR YOU, I HAVE SEEN WHAT HE IS CAPABLE OF, AND IT IS NOT PRETTY

Yeah our system rewards criminals and punishes victims.