Dan Rather the racist.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Had Dan Rather said, "Obama couldn't sell ice-cream during a heat wave." He would have made a more concise comment without unnecessary distractions. Everyone is always concerned with race, even more than sex because even when you get sex it doesn't always last hours and you can't always start it or end it when you want.

Still controversial, "Obama couldn't sell ice to an Eskimo." Because we are still discussing non-white people.

"Obama couldn't sell peanuts at a ball game?" Perfect. A a little harsh perhaps but time for that guy in the White House to stop sounding like he is presiding over a Harvard meeting.

Dan's career may be fading, needs to get in the spotlight it appears.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Don't see how that is racist. I like watermellons and I'm mostly WASP with a bunch of Cherokee. Me thinks some sheeple are taking political correctness too far.
Since before I was a little kid we called the big ugly rocks sticking out in the logging roads "nigger heads" No idea why. Anyway a few years ago some moron from the government said we couldn't call them that any more because it wasn't PC. So we took to calling them "ethnic rocks" and the idiot was OK with that.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Don't see how that is racist. I like watermellons and I'm mostly WASP with a bunch of Cherokee. Me thinks some sheeple are taking political correctness too far.
Since before I was a little kid we called the big ugly rocks sticking out in the logging roads "nigger heads" No idea why. Anyway a few years ago some moron from the government said we couldn't call them that any more because it wasn't PC. So we took to calling them "ethnic rocks" and the idiot was OK with that.

And then there was Eeny meeny miney moe
Catch.....................................................

The kids don't get to enjoy that one anymore.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I was about 12yrs old when I learned that these are called "Licorice Babies." 8O

Whoops. Oh well...

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I was about 12yrs old when I learned that these are called "Licorice Babies." 8O

Whoops. Oh well...

I always called them by the other term...................getting back to tradition why change it? What about the log cabins in the old days when they used to "ch*nk" the cracks with mud?

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Chink may also mean a small crevice or opening, often referring to a weakness such as a "chink in the armor", but also in purely descriptive contexts such as a chink between two bricks. The latter term is uncontroversial, since it predates the ethnic slur, though the slur may have origins from the original meaning.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
And then there was Eeny meeny miney moe
Catch.....................................................

The kids don't get to enjoy that one anymore.

I said that one in the old days of playing kick the can. Did we know what it was? I did, but it meant no malice I'm sure. But then, we had no black kids around.

But the problem is, to some people, that word only has one meaning, there is no alternative. Disclaimer, I have never worked for the Fraser Institute. However, words do have more than one meaning.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I said that one in the old days of playing kick the can. Did we know what it was? I did, but it meant no malice I'm sure. But then, we had no black kids around.

But the problem is, to some people, that word only has one meaning, there is no alternative. Disclaimer, I have never worked for the Fraser Institute. However, words do have more than one meaning.

Make sure you're not being niggardly when you give words multiple meanings!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Make sure you're not being niggardly when you give words multiple meanings!

Good one, we had an incident about 10-15 years ago where a journalist used the word "niggardly" and some local idiot raised a hue and cry about racial discrimation that was heard half way across the country.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Good one, we had an incident about 10-15 years ago where a journalist used the word "niggardly" and some local idiot raised a hue and cry about racial discrimation that was heard half way across the country.
That is just such a white thing to do!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You must think he is a lefty liberal.

A bell is starting to ring.............. Several years ago, Rather made a disclosure of some sort (probably unfavourable) about Y.J.'s buddy George the Younger and I have a feeling he was thinking Dan wasn't very nice.......................:lol::lol::lol: Seems to me upon further thought Dan let the cat out of the bag.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
A bell is starting to ring.............. Several years ago, Rather made a disclosure of some sort (probably unfavourable) about Y.J.'s buddy George the Younger and I have a feeling he was thinking Dan wasn't very nice.......................:lol::lol::lol: Seems to me upon further thought Dan let the cat out of the bag.
I hope that cat was not residing in Dan's bag. That would smart!8O

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I hope that cat was not residing in Dan's bag. That would smart!8O

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: It's very hazy, but I'm getting a flash it was something regarding Bush's military career that was unsavory - or maybe to do with avoiding a military career. :lol::lol: