8.8 Earthquake And Nary a Lick of Concern?

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
Wasn`t there a major earthquake just yesterday in the Americas or did I just dream that event?

I do recall CBC bringing up the topic between breaks in `The Games` and CNN, god love thier war-mongering hearts, putting in a full 24 hours covering the thing...mostly with cameras pointed towards the beaches in Hawaii in the event some REal breaking news occured.

Today, not a ****ing lick of news or follow-up on the quake..ok, the scattered `Chile Desk` from CNN but thats about it.

What a bunch of two-faced people we be in this regards.8O

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Wasn`t there a major earthquake just yesterday in the Americas or did I just dream that event?

I do recall CBC bringing up the topic between breaks in `The Games` and CNN, god love thier war-mongering hearts, putting in a full 24 hours covering the thing...mostly with cameras pointed towards the beaches in Hawaii in the event some REal breaking news occured.

Today, not a ****ing lick of news or follow-up on the quake..ok, the scattered `Chile Desk` from CNN but thats about it.

Maybe you are just watching/reading the wrong news sources:

http://news.google.com/news/search?um=1&cf=all&ned=ca&hl=en&q=Chile+earthquake

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
Yeah...what was I thinking to expect our media to allow such an insignificant event rain on the fun were having!! Weeee!!! Go Canada Go!:roll:

ps...isn`t that nonsense in BC finally over this weekend?

Did you know the Olympics were on?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
jbeee's just p*ssed cause no one sent an aircraft carrier for him to bitch about.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
The moral of the story is:
If you're hit by a natural disaster, it's bad. If you're hit by a natural disaster during the Olympics, you're screwed 'cause no one will hear about it.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
More immoral than moral.

Meanwhile, what do people do living here, from the affected areas, with relatives there and no means of communication in finding out they`re where-abouts?
Not everyone are on-line to find out `the number of dead` from our media`s web pages.

I`d expect this indifference from our neighbours to the south but Canadian media as well??

Shame on us.

The moral of the story is:
If you're hit by a natural disaster, it's bad. If you're hit by a natural disaster during the Olympics, you're screwed 'cause no one will hear about it.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
More immoral than moral.

Meanwhile, what do people do living here, from the affected areas, with relatives there and no means of communication in finding out they`re where-abouts?
Not everyone are on-line to find out `the number of dead` from our media`s web pages.

I`d expect this indifference from our neighbours to the south but Canadian media as well??

Shame on us.

get a ****in life, we just won gold:canada:

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
We won sweet ****-all today with our blatant disregard for our fellow Canadians of Chilean descent and our ignoring the tradgedy unfolding down there for the sake of a few gold medals or whatever the **** this money racket involves.

Shame On Canada!!

get a ****in life, we just won gold:canada:

thnooby

Feb 25, 2010
Winnipeg
Just for the record, there are disasters all the time and many are not well publicized or much appeal for aid.Haiti's disaster was unlike many in terms of its own country being unable to help its citizens.A Yahoo news report this morning contrasted the differences which included facts which would indicate Haiti's disadvantage such as the distance of the epicenter from large populations, the number of earthquake resistant buildings, the general preparedness of of the public and the ability on the government to provide aid,medical and rescue workers.In all cases, Chili was far more capable of dealing with its disaster.I'm not saying now that no one should offer help,just that in Haiti's case, it was infinitely more needed. As for the OP, I don't think two -faced is the way you should describe the many men and women and even children who devote the time,money and resources to help those in dire need.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
did someone say the original poster?

countryboy

Traditionally Progressive
Nov 30, 2009
BC
We won sweet ****-all today with our blatant disregard for our fellow Canadians of Chilean descent and our ignoring the tradgedy unfolding down there for the sake of a few gold medals or whatever the **** this money racket involves.

Shame On Canada!!

You're not a very happy little fellow, are you.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006

Keep us posted on your search and rescue efforts. If you need us we'll be at Gretzky's Bar.

Reactions: DurkaDurka

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
Wouldn`t it have been ironic...some might say `fitting`, if the quake had struck just off the BC coastline with a tidal-wave flushing the spectators, Olympians and thier shiny medals back out to sea, never to have been heard from again....*and of course Gretzky and our PM with it*? :smile:

Keep us posted on your search and rescue efforts. If you need us we'll be at Gretzky's Bar.

Last edited: