Jack Layton to run for mayor of Toronto?

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Layton is going to hold a press conference in about two hours regarding his political and personal future. Their seems to be speculation he is leaving federal politics to run for mayor of Canada's largest city.

countryboy

Traditionally Progressive
Nov 30, 2009
BC
Well, there are certainly a lot of kitchen tables in Toronto...at one time, that was Jack's favourite campaign venue. If he is going to run for mayor of Toronto, that might give him more of a shot at "making a difference"...something he hasn't been able to do much of federally.

Jack seems to be a great guy (he's a guitar player, like me) and I think he'd be a great civic leader...too bad about the politics he follows...otherwise, he might have gone further on the federal scene.

I wish him well no matter what direction he pursues...

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
He is not running for mayor. He just announced that he has prostate cancer. He will be staying on in his position as leader of the NDP.

Last edited:

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
"Jack Layton to run for mayor of Toronto?"

The Peter Principle?

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Jack Layton is a dufus
I hope he can beat this cancer sickness and become healthy so he can continue being a dufus

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
He's is more of a leftard than Miller. He's a digrace who lived in public housing even while a city councilor. He'll beat the cancer; it's one of the most survivable. His father, a former Mulroney cabinet minister, must think his son is a moron for being a dipper.