Why - This thread is about Why?????

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Why -
This thread is about Why?????

Why do the vast majority of people that are checking a stove or some other item, hot engine on a mower that they suspect is still hot - use their full hand to touch that item -

When people cross the street the look left and right - Why - the car that could hit you first is coming from the left - Should it not be left -right -left.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
When at a red and confronted with a nose picker, how many times have you looked away only to find yourself looking at someone scratching their crotch at a bus stop?

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
When people cross the street the look left and right - Why - the car that could hit you first is coming from the left - Should it not be left -right -left.

That was used in a John Lecarre novel, I believe - the German spy, who was pretending to be British, looked left first when he was about to cross the street, and that gave him away.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
When at a red and confronted with a nose picker, how many times have you looked away only to find yourself looking at someone scratching their crotch at a bus stop?

When I was stationed in PEI i had to go the the Military Hospital in Halifax for tests-
Well my wife ( later ex) sister and my Aunt were driving along - as i was pulling up to pass this car on a divided hi way the driver - she - had her finger so far up her nose I thought she was drilling for oil. And she was digging hard - real hard.

I told everyone look right - Tooted the horn - she turned to look with that finger deeper in her nose than a South African gold mine -
The look on her face - Priceless.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
That was used in a John Lecarre novel, I believe - the German spy, who was pretending to be British, looked left first when he was about to cross the street, and that gave him away.
Why has the normal hand shake almost disappeared - you have these people - male that place their hand with just fingers touching - or the limp ones - Yuck - Can't people shake hands with a decent grip - not bone shattering - but something more than holding a dead fish.