Weather Doesn’t Dampen Pro-Life Spirit: No Exception, No Compromise!

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
WASHINGTON, D.C. (Catholic Online) – Despite forecasts for rain, freezing rain and sleet, an estimated 300,000 pro-life advocates took to the streets of Washington DC again today, January 22, 2010, to mark the 37th Anniversary of Roe v. Wade. This 37th March, founded by Nellie Gray who still heads up the event, had as its theme “Stand Up Now — Unite for the Life Principles — No Exception! No Compromise!”

Gray, now 84, talked about the theme with those who stood in the cold and blustery weather as she opened the rally, “We will gather again next year for another March for Life and we want to be able to celebrate the great things we accomplished in the past year.”

Weather Doesn’t Dampen Pro-Life Spirit: No Exception, No Compromise! - Catholic Online

300,000 this year. Every year more and more people are coming out to express their displeasure with the fact that thousands of children of murdered every year.

50 million children have been killed since Roe vs. Wade.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I call myself pro-life... but the instant I hear slogans such as 'no exceptions, no compromise', I assume that person is truly 'anti-abortion' rather than 'pro-life'. Because someone who is FOR life, would presumably prefer to see one dead body instead of two. Of course... the article doesn't bother to expound on what precisely that slogan means, but, it's the first thing that comes to my mind naturally.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I call myself pro-life... but the instant I hear slogans such as 'no exceptions, no compromise', I assume that person is truly 'anti-abortion' rather than 'pro-life'.
Pro peace and anti war people have the same troubles and get lumped in the same pile.

It's pretty bad when you have to clarify which branch of what your support or oppose.

Those who would deny a woman whose life is at risk an abortion should not be allowed to support or oppose SWFA.

I life is like a bowl of cereal. Either you are a flake or a nut or a fruit

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I call myself pro-life... but the instant I hear slogans such as 'no exceptions, no compromise', I assume that person is truly 'anti-abortion' rather than 'pro-life'. Because someone who is FOR life, would presumably prefer to see one dead body instead of two. Of course... the article doesn't bother to expound on what precisely that slogan means, but, it's the first thing that comes to my mind naturally.
Bump.
It's not really all that odd that "pro-lifers" would withstand rain and stuff to protest killing of babies. Some of them have taken it to an extreme and actually killed to protest killing. So if they can handle jail, I think a little rain and wind is nothing.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Pro peace and anti war people have the same troubles and get lumped in the same pile.

It's pretty bad when you have to clarify which branch of what your support or oppose.

Those who would deny a woman whose life is at risk an abortion should not be allowed to support or oppose SWFA.

I life is like a bowl of cereal. Either you are a flake or a nut or a fruit
I'm a pistachio. :) You gotta crack me up before I get flavorful.