Many Countries Sending Troops to Haiti

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Apparently, the US is not the only country looking to 'occupy' Haiti. A simple google search turned up these hits. Heck, the UN alone is sending 7,000 troops.

Canada to send 1000 more troops to Haiti - World AP - MiamiHerald.com

BBC News - Nato allies to send extra 7000 troops to Afghanistan

CENTRAL AMERICA MOVES THROUGH THE COMPLICATIONS OF SENDING TROOPS

Pretty hard to 'occupy' a country overrun with soldiers from around the world.

But then, that's just my opinion.

Please take note this topic is not under US politics or Canadian politics - it is under Hot Topics.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Apparently, the US is not the only country looking to 'occupy' Haiti. A simple google search turned up these hits. Heck, the UN alone is sending 7,000 troops.

Canada to send 1000 more troops to Haiti - World AP - MiamiHerald.com

BBC News - Nato allies to send extra 7000 troops to Afghanistan

CENTRAL AMERICA MOVES THROUGH THE COMPLICATIONS OF SENDING TROOPS

Pretty hard to 'occupy' a country overrun with soldiers from around the world.

But then, that's just my opinion.

Please take note this topic is not under US politics or Canadian politics - it is under Hot Topics.

Israel has set up a complete hospital in a stadium in the capital.....I expect accusations of occupation and settlement momentarily..........

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Israel has set up a complete hospital in a stadium in the capital.....I expect accusations of occupation and settlement momentarily..........

Several countries are aiding the relief effort in a variety of ways, Colpy, trouble is you have to go searching for information on their contributions. Thank you for yours. :smile:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
It would be helpful if some of these soldiers were deployed to round up the criminals who have been raping this country and keeping it in abject poverty. If the country is to be rebuilt, it seems to me that the destructive criminal element should be removed.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
It would be helpful if some of these soldiers were deployed to round up the criminals who have been raping this country and keeping it in abject poverty. If the country is to be rebuilt, it seems to me that the destructive criminal element should be removed.

The New York Times ran an article about several ways to constructively rebuild Haiti, Cliff. One of them was the use of the base at Guantanamo (sp?) once all the other bad guys have been deposited in down town New York.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I watched a segment on CTV news where a Hatian baby was born in an Israeli field hospital. The little girl was named Israel.

Imagine the stories she'll hear as she grows up, lone wolf, and the significance her name will always have for her.

I watched a news item on neurosurgery done on a US ship in PAP's harbor. The real miracle was that the only neurosurgeon in the area just happened to be there working as a journalist. They found him and flew him to the ship, he took a piece of shrapnel out of the girl's head, and she is expected to have a full recovery.

One small miracle after another people are proving once again how very resilient they are. Blees them all.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Nice to see the truth coming out,china tied up the runway for 2 hours yesterday for a photo op.
Russians lied about being low on fuel so they could take an unapproved slot,therefore turning back other planes that had arranged to land.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Nice to see the truth coming out,china tied up the runway for 2 hours yesterday for a photo op.
Russians lied about being low on fuel so they could take an unapproved slot,therefore turning back other planes that had arranged to land.
I though the US was directing traffic? No pilot would ignore directions from the 'tower'.
Your source material has been deleted if it came from this site.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/rnr/1559548759.html

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
If you can find a link I would appreciate it. Back to my point the tower would have had to authorize the 2hr photo op, it is the US and not China that is in control of all aircraft on and off the ground.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
If you can find a link I would appreciate it. Back to my point the tower would have had to authorize the 2hr photo op, it is the US and not China that is in control of all aircraft on and off the ground.

It was on cbs news last night,go watch tv for an hour.

No ones making a big deal out of it though,the video did show them with their flag and all posing on the runway.

Last edited:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Someone missed the part where the russian pilot lied that he was low on fuel to get priority.:roll:
That would be equal to declaring an emergency, airport are trained to allow for that perhaps coming from Russia used enough fuel that they didn't have enough to be in a holding pattern for 3 hours. Why were flights diverted to Florida when Cuba could be used as a holding area plus refueling. That would include transfer to smaller aircraft.