B.C. Premier Campbell looks to run for 4th term in 2013

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
B.C. Premier Campbell looks to run for 4th term in 2013

VICTORIA — B.C. Premier Gordon Campbell is sending strong signals the Winter Olympics are giving him a second political wind, dashing widespread speculation the three-term leader was considering retiring in first place after the Games.

Campbell, who turns 61 in January, says his job is only half finished and he's planning to run for a fourth-straight term in 2013.

Opposition New Democrat Leader Carole James said she's also planning to meet Campbell for a third election showdown in 2013.

In a year-end interview with The Canadian Press, Campbell said 2009 was a tough year despite winning a third majority term.

Campbell said the government's plan to introduce a harmonized sales tax upset British Columbians, his popularity dropped and the government's budget -- a record B.C. deficit at $2.8 billion -- was ravaged by the global financial meltdown.

"It's been tumultuous. It's been tough. It's been trying in lots of ways," the premier said.

But he's not in the mood to quit.

CTV News | B.C. Premier Campbell looks to run for 4th term in 2013

Trying to quiet the rumours Premier Campbell is making noises..

Will he in your opinion follow thru ? This is still a long ways away if the BC Election Law is carried thru..

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Good Lord! I cannot believe with have to put up with this freak show for another 3 years! I hate the current government. I don't want any government in BC. Cliff - why don't you build a new party and run. I'll vote for you.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Considering the fact that the dippers have no chance in ever winning an election in B.C. until they come at least as close to the center as the communist party and there is no other party, Campbell could be premier as long as WAC.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Considering the fact that the dippers have no chance in ever winning an election in B.C. until they come at least as close to the center as the communist party and there is no other party, Campbell could be premier as long as WAC.

Before we can even speculate on this matter, we have to wait until we see the outcome of the 2010 Charade, if it's successful and pays for itself and subsequently what the state of the economy is. The Banshee (James) is definitely not a contender.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
Good Lord! I cannot believe with have to put up with this freak show for another 3 years! I hate the current government. I don't want any government in BC. Cliff - why don't you build a new party and run. I'll vote for you.

Sorry VanIsle.. I think that would be 7 years.. 3 left on this term and 4 added years is what i think they mean..

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Crap! I'm afraid we are stuck with the schmuck unless the NDP can reinvent themselves. Too bad they are just the reverse side of a two headed coin. Damned if we do and damned if we do (no that is not a typo).

Sorry VanIsle, but my ticker is not up to that kind of stress. I would much rather nobody showed up on voting day. Instead we should launch a campaign to rewrite the format of government so it represents the people, and not just the corporate interests that pay politicians to do their bidding. Pretty hard to convince the sheeple to not follow the status quo though.

Besides, you know the corporate media doesn't give alternative parties any air or ink. The only way would be to start a internet only campaign. Create viral youtube spots. What we need is a peaceful revolution. Everybody refuse to pay taxes. Bring these slave masters to their knees.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The system is too corrupted to be fixed. It needs to be torn down completely and redesigned. Trying to work within the present system would be like trying to masturbate with an amputated hand.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The system is too corrupted to be fixed. It needs to be torn down completely and redesigned. Trying to work within the present system would be like trying to masturbate with an amputated hand.

One thing about you, Cliff, no one could ever accuse you of not being graphical. :smile::smile:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I am a graphic artist. It is just the way my mind works. I see the images in my head so I write them or draw them down.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006

Is that more difficult than being a one-armed paper hanger?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Fourth term this means the voters of B.C. still hate the NDP's massive dose of saltpeter that they dished out to voters for years
I think you have been suckered in by the Liberal handle. Campbell is not a liberal, he is a Social Credit stooge wearing liberal clothing because when they hijacked the liberal party, nobody would vote Socred. They were even more hated than the NDP. This is another reason I have lost faith in humanity.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Sorry VanIsle.. I think that would be 7 years.. 3 left on this term and 4 added years is what i think they mean..
Yes if he gets re-elected we'll look at 7 years. I didn't vote for him last time and I may have to actually campaign against him next time to make some attempt to get rid of him.
If the NDP could just do something worthwhile, even though I am not an NDPer, I would vote for them. Federally and provincially - "sigh".:-|

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
You really have no idea what is going on, do you?
It's okay Cliff. He's not from here and has this blind belief.
The only way would be to start a internet only campaign. Create viral youtube spots. What we need is a peaceful revolution. Everybody refuse to pay taxes. Bring these slave masters to their knees.

I agree with the bold print. You start it. :smile: