Another Example of Yankee Gun Mentality

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Crazy people do crazy things.
I bet the perp wasn't Fred the farmer or Ralph the rancher that shot them. But Fred and Ralph will be included in the "gun-toting redneck" crowd anyway.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
4 cops shot dead in Washington. When will these people learn??

Which people 'need to learn'? The cops? Don't go to a coffee shop before starting your shift? The coffee shop? Don't let cops come in to have coffee before starting their shift? The killer? Killing people is wrong? I think we all know that one.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I don't understand the love affair with guns. Pretty useless piece of equipement unless you need to kill or rob someone.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I don't understand the love affair with guns. Pretty useless piece of equipement unless you need to kill or rob someone.
.... or keep critters out of your crops and barn, or have fun at shooting competitions, or collect firearms as items of good craftsmanship, or get food for your meals ....
So they are only useless to you and others with little thought, apparently.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Ya sure. Good thing those 4 cops had guns eh?
How about that? Gun owners that weren't the shoot-anything-that-moves, trigger happy clowns. Go figure. And there you were thinking we're all the same.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
.... or keep critters out of your crops and barn, or have fun at shooting competitions, or collect firearms as items of good craftsmanship, or get food for your meals ....
So they are only useless to you and others with little thought, apparently.
A couple of times that I recall ...If I didn't have a firearm while prospecting I might have been dead or at least badly mauled...

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Or to defend yourself.

Canadians defend themselves from criminal or animal attack with firearms between 60,000 and 80,000 times a year.

Gary Mauser

Americans defend themselves with firearms up to 2.5 million times a year.

Guns and Self-Defense by Gary Kleck, Ph.D.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Or to defend yourself.

Canadians defend themselves from criminal or animal attack with firearms between 60,000 and 80,000 times a year.

Gary Mauser

Americans defend themselves with firearms up to 2.5 million times a year.

Guns and Self-Defense by Gary Kleck, Ph.D.

So what?

The Swiss are armed yet they don't shoot each other all the time.

It's cultural.

....before you attack remember I am a gun owner.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
Just another routine mass killing in the `Good Ole US of A` it seems.
****e, did CNN even mention this one today or did wassis-name, the black golf guy steal the head-lines again today!? :lol:

Sick ****ing society down there, ain`t it?

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
You agree to it being a `cultural` thang for our neighbours to the south, to be shooting themselves up on a daily basis for the tiniest excuse?8O

Why would I attack you???

I agree 100%......

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
When will whom ever learn?? I assume you mean Americans.....and yes, they learned 250 years ago about the value of an armed population......
The value of an armed population?????
What I see is the more people who have guns, the more this sort of thing will happen. The armed people who kill policemen have no value.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
Perhaps Colpy meant, if it means defending what you`ve stolen?

The value of an armed population?????
What I see is the more people who have guns, the more this sort of thing will happen. The armed people who kill policemen have no value.